Do you know time travel enthusiasts outside of the Internet?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
We talk about time travel a lot on Paranormalis and other places on the Internet. Titor, HDRs, time machines and theories.

What about talking about those things in your day to day life, outside of the Internet?
I personally only know a few people like that. Maybe 2 or 3, not much more. Other people would probably think I'm a weirdo! Or maybe not, who knows.

How much people do you know in your non-Internet life, who are interested to discuss about time travel with you? Do you know any at all? Do you know people who are interested by the Titor story, for instance?

Ren

Nope. And when I mention the subject of time travel, even John Titor, nobody knows or wants to know. My present life is full of people who don't like science fiction or anything outside of their normal present day business and family life. They watch dramas about people just like them who have lives just like them. They read mystery novels of present day people who get away with murder. It is quite depressing. This also means they have a very low level of creativity. They often do not imagine new ways to improve office operations and copy foreign companies. You might think that Japan is full of costume-playing, wacky fun kids who love sci-fi manga and anime. I assure you that this is a very small portion of the population. They get all the foreign media attention because everything else in Japan is bland and boring by comparison.

Ayasano

Given that I work from home and have little interest in being social outside of a couple friends on the internet, I don't really know anyone full stop. :p

The few people I do talk to don't know about my interest in time travel though. All they know is I spend a fair bit of time "arguing with people on the internet".

(Alternative answer: Yes, I talk about it all the time with my fellow time travellers. We will have been having an ongoing discussion sometime next week)

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Given that I work from home and have little interest in being social outside of a couple friends on the internet, I don't really know anyone full stop. :p

The few people I do talk to don't know about my interest in time travel though. All they know is I spend a fair bit of time "arguing with people on the internet".

(Alternative answer: Yes, I talk about it all the time with my fellow time travellers. We will have been having an ongoing discussion sometime next week)

It sounds like I wrote that. ;)

I wouldn't dare bring it up in conversation with school moms and dance moms. They already think I'm nuts because I'm quiet and I have weird hair.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Nope. And when I mention the subject of time travel, even John Titor, nobody knows or wants to know. My present life is full of people who don't like science fiction or anything outside of their normal present day business and family life. They watch dramas about people just like them who have lives just like them. They read mystery novels of present day people who get away with murder. It is quite depressing. This also means they have a very low level of creativity. They often do not imagine new ways to improve office operations and copy foreign companies. You might think that Japan is full of costume-playing, wacky fun kids who love sci-fi manga and anime. I assure you that this is a very small portion of the population. They get all the foreign media attention because everything else in Japan is bland and boring by comparison.

Ren, now you know why we all meet here. It's pretty much the same all over. People like reality shows, not something that is going to make them think and learn.

The concept of time travel is so beautiful. It has fascinated me since I was a pre-teen. Very few share this love for it and science in general. I don't know why.

Chin up... You can talk about it all here. :) :)

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Haha! Okay, I'm surprised that up to now, I'm the only one who actually got to talk about time travel / John Titor with a few people in real life without them telling me I'm weird!!

I definitely didn't expect that.

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Very interesting comments by our wonderful members. I have a very small group
people I can talk to on all the subjects posted here. People I have known for many years
and are well known names to members here.

Professor Opmmur