Documentary on this evening : fox US

The_Ruffneck

There was a documentary on this evening about the American fox news channel , i couldn't believe some of the stuff they were saying! , one section was called 'fair and balanced' , supposed to give a fair and balanced view on news but that was hardly the case!

Does saying Kerry looks French pass as news in America? , wow i am so glad we don't have it that bad over here! , they also played down the amount of soldiers killed in Iraq , and when they had a guest on that was anti-war who mentioned that he thought 2000 was rigged the security guards came and threw him out of the studio!

If every media in USA is like this re:pro Bush i can't see him ever losing

sosuemetoo

Originally posted by The_Ruffneck@Sep 22 2004, 10:55 AM
There was a documentary on this evening about the American fox news channel , i couldn't believe some of the stuff they were saying! ,

Ruffneck - I watch Fox News on a daily basis.

one section was called 'fair and balanced' , supposed to give a fair and balanced view on news but that was hardly the case!

I'll be the first one to admit it isn't fair and balanced. However , the rest of the media outlets here in the US (ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN) have become so liberal and biased, IMO, they might as well have a "Vote Kerry/Edwards" sign as their backdrop. It is refreshing to hear an alternative point of view.

Does saying Kerry looks French pass as news in America?

No, it doesn't. I've never seen that on Fox News. However, we have a radio commentator that jokes around that Kerry is the "French Looking Candidate". Fox News might have been quoting Rush Limbaugh. Rush does this because Kerry has ignored the UN Oil for Food Scandal where French, German and Russian officials received kickbacks from Saddam to vote against the resolution to go to war in Iraq.

they also played down the amount of soldiers killed in Iraq

You're right, they don't sit and report day after day after day the total number of troops that have died. The reason, IMO? Troop morale, and there are other issues to report. To report only the war and how many are dead, is not fair and balanced. We are in a campaign year, with many different campaign issues. The war is just one issue.

, and when they had a guest on that was anti-war who mentioned that he thought 2000 was rigged the security guards came and threw him out of the studio!

Yes, I saw that interview. Did you see the part where the anti-war guest got up and lifted his hand to strike the host on fox? Did you see where he called the co-host a *itch? I think that was grounds to have him thrown out. If they didn't want an opposing view, they wouldn't have invited him in the first place.

If every media in USA is like this re:pro Bush i can't see him ever losing

They aren't, so the Kerry supporters can heave a sigh of relief. I can tell you that I not only watch Fox, I also watch a lot of BBC.

I believe what you have just seen is a propaganda documentary. But I've been known to be wrong :D

"Mom"
Resident Republican Bush Dittohead

Judge Bean

"Mom"
Resident Republican Bush Dittohead

Not my mom.

Unintentional

The documentary is called "Outfoxed" and I have not seen it anywhere except as a download on the internet. I did download it, but couldn't get past the first five minutes without getting a headache. Basically in the first five minutes, their major problem is that Rupert Murdocks owns a lot of stuff. Aparantly they are anti capitalist and biased because they don't have a problem with Time Warner. This is basically a pick on fox news video. It could have been made about ANY media conglomeration. Like Dan Rather says, it is attacking the reporting and not the substance. Oh, wait, conservatives do that to liberals...NOT!