Does anyone here have any schematics for a portal device?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
There isn't much data available online about this device, so I doubt anyone ever tested it.

The_Sound_Of_Progress

I'm also interested in portal devices, but of course I don't think there's a way to go anywhere you want. It should change according to the laws of nature, not the way you think. Wanting a tree to grow a certain way isn't going to work, nature's going to grow it however it wants. That's why portals are a dangerous concept, as interesting as they are. They have minds of their own and will do what they're supposed to do.

StarTraveller94

I'm also interested in portal devices, but of course I don't think there's a way to go anywhere you want. It should change according to the laws of nature, not the way you think. Wanting a tree to grow a certain way isn't going to work, nature's going to grow it however it wants. That's why portals are a dangerous concept, as interesting as they are. They have minds of their own and will do what they're supposed to do.
That seems kinda pessimistic to me. There has to be a way to program the portals to go where you want, otherwise it's not worth doing because it's too dangerous.

The_Sound_Of_Progress

That seems kinda pessimistic to me. There has to be a way to program the portals to go where you want, otherwise it's not worth doing because it's too dangerous.
I'm not usually a pessimist, and I do believe that if man can imagine something, it can be done with effort. But the portal- without mankind's interference- can be related to a rodeo bull. Enter the portal and you're sure to be bucked off in a moment. But tame the portal, like a horse, and you could control the destination. I am not a firm believer in wiring things directly to the brain however, or depending on your emotions or thoughts to change the destination of the portal. Rather, it would be ideal to create a machine or computer that can execute this task. Portals can be extremely dangerous, so just exercise caution if you're planning on making one :D

StarTraveller94

I'm not usually a pessimist, and I do believe that if man can imagine something, it can be done with effort. But the portal- without mankind's interference- can be related to a rodeo bull. Enter the portal and you're sure to be bucked off in a moment. But tame the portal, like a horse, and you could control the destination. I am not a firm believer in wiring things directly to the brain however, or depending on your emotions or thoughts to change the destination of the portal. Rather, it would be ideal to create a machine or computer that can execute this task. Portals can be extremely dangerous, so just exercise caution if you're planning on making one :D
The question then, is finding a way to tame a portal that already exists or creating one, as well as creating a machine and/or computer capable of handling the portal.

The_Sound_Of_Progress

The question then, is finding a way to tame a portal that already exists or creating one, as well as creating a machine and/or computer capable of handling the portal.
Should be easy enough to tame one, simply enclose it 360 degrees around with an opposing force and it shouldn't cause you much trouble :LOL: But powering the opposing force could be tricky, especially if the required force is electromagnetic. And having a 360 degree enclosure renders the portal useless since you can't get in or out... Maybe activate the force from a distance, with a certain wavelength that is harmless to humans and passes right through? Like neutrinos or something. Then you just have a spherical portal, safely enclosed, easily accessible! Or maybe my imagination is just getting the best of me again ;)

I have a theoretical method. I made this up, so whether it works or not, I don’t know.

Firstly, a large ring is made, consisting of a superconductive air inductor. It needs to have as little resistance as humanly possible, while still having a large inductance.

Secondly, the inductor is connected to a switch and a large super-capacitor bank. And I do mean LARGE. I have no clue how big, but I know it wouldn’t be easily obtained.

After charging the super-capacitors to max power, press the switch to release the current through the inductor. A power electromagnetic pulse will occur. It will be such a quick, concentrated pulse, enough to rip a small hole in space-time.

However, the rip would be unstable, and to stabilize it, you would need NEGATIVE ENERGY to keep it from being a black hole or closing in on itself.

After aiming this beam of negative energy at the opening as it forms, you now have a wormhole. Where does it go. I don’t know. How much energy is needed? I don’t know.
Will this work? Probably not. Hopefully this helps. I can draw you schematics of the setup if you’d like