Does Metal Music Invite Demons Or Evil Spirits To You?

trekie4ever

I'd watch it just to watch it, but I lurk on the forums at work and since I hack my phone a lot I can't run YouTube or flash well (Jellybean 4.1.2 :) )

I also choose to avoid that type of music so I don't know any of the bands you mentioned. But I am aware of occult and pagan symbols and attire. A lot of popular artist overload their music with imagery and descriptions of Satan, witchcraft, sexual perversion, hate and violence and they make it sound "cool."

ClandestineJuice

Yes they do. I believe some also do it just to gauge the reactions of people.

Me myself I wear band shirts not only as a way to personally express myself but also as a social experiment.

Who would expect a person with a Cannibal Corpse shirt on to open a door for them and be polite? Take that society!

Peregrini

trekie4ever said:
The music I have heard doesn't feel right to me. Then people i see who listen tonight religiously let it consume their persona and every aspect of their lives. I distinctly remember some of my 'friends' at age of 9-10 being obsessed with rock and metal, and along with that was drugs, anger and sex. Does the music create those feelings and actions? Not in all cases. Are some people more open to the influences? Most definitely. I have found myself largely immune because of my own faith and convictions but I cannot say that for the people in my life.

trekie4ever;
You are exactly what I was alluding to with my post #7. Music is not inherently bad but when there is something that doesn't "feel right" to you, you will avoid it, that is your "spirit" guiding you, not your head and as a result you need not fear it. Those that can only use their head will have problems.

trekie4ever

trekie4ever;
You are exactly what I was alluding to with my post #7. Music is not inherently bad but when there is something that doesn't "feel right" to you, you will avoid it, that is your "spirit" guiding you, not your head and as a result you need not fear it. Those that can only use their head will have problems.
Yes, I know how to shield my mind and spirit from those influences but unfortunately,as far as I can tell, most people don't. I do like those scriptures you have posted. The only thing is, again I speak from empirical data gathered through observation And conversing, most people are overwhelmed by a feeling of guilt and wrongness.

I completely agree with the idea that if you do what your heart and spirit says is right then you are fine. Ironically, I live a kosher diet and ask my significant others to do the same, but I don't freak out if I show up to a dinner party and there's a ham on the table. I just ask for the salad ;-) (hopefully bacon bit free!)

Techciple

I'd like to know what church put this out. Music is entertainment. When I was younger our Pastor told the young that if you play metal music backwards there would be a message from Satan. Ah, the albums we destroyed trying to play them backwards. Fact is 'Pop' music is just as bad. It's all sex, hate and drugs. Why does no one complain? Simply because it's mainstream. Accepted. Just like going to church on Sunday. You allow negative entities, whatever they be, into your life if you yourself are negative. If the above was true, and metal music did indeed invite nasties into our lives, then how much more of an invitation is watching horror movies?

TnWatchdog

I listen to classic, hard rock, oldies, and some metal. I agree with the posts listed. Go with your gut and heart...avoid music and situations that you are not comfortable with. If a particular song is glorifing the devil, play something else...I do. You can tell what songs do this. If I play a song like "The Devil Came Down From Georgia" or "Hyway to Hell", plays...I will say to myself, the devil is such a loser and move on. Besides, I don't like people telling me what is good for me based on their opinion.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I heard something along those lines one day. I can't remember where or when though. Music can influence your behavior, but I don't think it has anything to do with evil spirits.