Donald Trump to slash Nasa's climate change budget in favour of sending humans back to the moon

Num7

Administrator
Staff
US President-elect Donald Trump is set to slash Nasa's budget for monitoring climate change and instead set a goal of sending humans to the edge of the solar system by the end of the century, and possibly back to the moon.

Mr Trump, who has called climate change a "Chinese hoax", is believed to want to focus the agency on far-reaching, big banner goals in deep space rather than "Earth-centric climate change spending".

According to Bob Walker, who has advised Mr Trump on space policy, Nasa has been reduced to "a logistics agency concentrating on space station resupply and politically correct environmental monitoring".

Mr Walker, a former congressman who chaired President George W. Bush's Commission on the Future of the US Aerospace Industry, told The Telegraph: "We would start by having a stretch goal of exploring the entire solar system by the end of the century.

"You stretch your technology experts and create technologies that wouldn't otherwise be needed. I think aspirational goals are a good thing. Fifty years ago it was the ability to go to the moon."

Read more:
Donald Trump expected to slash Nasa's climate change budget in favour of sending humans back to the moon - and beyond

While climate change is a big deal too, it's a great news for all fans of space exploration.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
Climate change is a big deal, but I believe man-made climate change is a hoax, for the most part.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
His change of plans concerning energy conservation is going to create more jobs in the gas and oil industries in the United States. Some believe global warming is a myth, and I believe somehwere I've read several things like: The Ozone layer isn't as bad as people say it and the efforts we've done so far have done absolutely nothing. I don't know if these are true or not, but he is prioritizing.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I believe global warming is a myth. Antarctica is increasing in size every year by 7000 square miles. The increase is due to seawater freezing. Seawater freezes a couple of degrees colder than snow ice. These facts are never included as part of the global warming myth.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I believe global warming is a myth. Antarctica is increasing in size every year by 7000 square miles. The increase is due to seawater freezing. Seawater freezes a couple of degrees colder than snow ice. These facts are never included as part of the global warming myth.

Right. Think about it. If the planet were warmer, where would the evaporating water go? It certainly wouldn't disappear into space. It would rain more. The water on our planet recycles. It just doesn't disappear.