Dune 2

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Alright. Still not reading the thread. I enjoyed Dune 1. It had a Star Wars vibe to it. Looking forward to Dune 2. What role did Sting play in the original movie?

MODAT7

At the end of the movie, wasn't Chany simply pissed that Paul had to marry Irulan for political reasons? Paul saw this as an immense sacrifice. He'd have to marry Irulan instead of Chany, the love of his life. But Chany simply saw this as treason, which is why she was pissed.
I think it's been 30 years since I read the books... trying to re-remember a lot. Chani knew Paul was a duke and royalty. She could never be his wife, but she could be his concubine. Lady Jessica was the concubine to Duke Leto. Technically Leto was unmarried. Most marriages among royalty aren't for love but for political alliance reasons. In the book Chani accepted the Irulan marriage but stated something along the lines that Irulan would never share his bed (or did Paul say that?). Irulan was purely a political marriage and nothing more, so Chani accepted these terms. Irulan didn't care for it as she would never have a child and her lineage would come to an end.

What role did Sting play in the original movie?
He played Feyd with a bit of craziness that was appropriate.

Beholder

The original felt like it was trying to recruit people into a personality cult around the egomaniac hero. The opposite to anti-heroes in Mad Max and Water World.