Earliest Mayan Calendar found

kurisu

I also saw this and, didn't really find it "surprising" I never thought the world would end but, I guess for those who went out and, wasted all their money and, etc. aren't going to be so happy

And, even if the planet was going to end we would already be seeing HUGE natural disasters happening unless theres a huge bomb waiting to explode in the core of the earth :p

Joe

Oh fact is we are always going to have people coming up with new and new end of the world theories. No matter what ages we live in they will always follow us. ;)

Rosco..Jones

The galactic alignment cycle (GAC) of the Mayan calender does not mark the "End" of time or of the world. In other readings, not connected with the Mayans, the GAC is viewed as a changing of seasons of consciousness. (All things have seasons.) The season that is concluding was focused on the physical side of reality. The season being transitioned to will be focused on the spiritual.

Whatever happens in the next few years should be interesting in any case. There are a lot of changes taking place or that may take place that will have profound impact on our world. I feel fortunate to be around to see what they may be. We can't expect the unexpected and we can't imagine the unimaginable. We can be here to experience whatever lies ahead.

Techciple

Frankly, I find the whole 'doomsday' scenario tiresome. How many times throughout man's history have 'seers', prophets and other assorted fruit cakes predicted the ending of our world? Aristotle said " it takes an educated mind to consider something and then not accept it'. Pity it doesn't seem to work with all things apocalyptic. These people expound their many doomsday and 'enlightenment' doctrines, and point blank refuse to examine the other possibilities (generally speaking, there are some exceptions I guess).What I take great solace in is that next year is 2013, and I can't wait to hear the excuses.

Rosco..Jones

I also can't wait for 2013, Jan 20 in particular. The passing of 12.21.12 or 21.12.12, without any fanfare or anything noticeable happening, will shock some people. So disappointed that the world didn't end. Sorry, but I do think that is a comical picture. Then 2013 will arrive and 2012 will be history. "But, but I was so sure it was going to happen. What went wrong?" (hah hah)

Lucky me, I didn't think that was going to happen. I know that it is only the beginning of the enlightenment transition. (hah hah) It won't be noticed at first, but gradually over time it will become evident. (See, by not setting a specific date with any specific requirements, this could be true. At least until proven otherwise.) I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I do see this as an upcoming time, were people become more focused on the spiritual vs. the material side of life's experiences. No snap of the fingers, world shaking changes happening suddenly, at least in this area.

Revolutions, wars, natural disasters, man made disasters and such will continue to happen as always. These all have the capability of changing the physical world we live in. Often these changes would be much quicker and easily noticeable, as we can watch the changes occurring. Everyone has their own world view. We each guess at the future based upon our experiences and the beliefs we form for ourselves. We form lenses by which we view the world in ways that agree with our preconceived ideas. This truly limits the imagined possibilities of what may actually occur. The actual possibilities are greater than we can imagine.