Elasticity

iooqxpooi

Elasticity

I've been attempting to come up with an equation for Elasticity, and here are my 3:

1. E*=d1/d2

2. E*=Fg x d1/W

3. E*=d1 x sqrt Fg/d2x E x (1-E**)

Where-
E* is the Elasticity of the dropped object.
d2 is the distance dropped.
d1 is the distance bounced.
E is the energy at release.
Mu is the coefficient of friction(I know that it's not in there, but you may put it on the d1 side of all of these equations for a closer-to-reality answer. :))
Fg is the force of Gravity.
Sqrt is the square root of the final answer(just like radical parenthases)
x is times(multiplying, just so you don't get the terms confused)
/ is dividing.
and
E** is the Elasticity of the object it bounces on(again, you may put it on the W side of the equation, I just put it in once to show what it would look like when you put it in.)

(Basically, #3. is E*=d1 x sqrt Fg/d2 x E)

CaryP

Elasticity

iooqxpooi,

If you're really 12, you've got way too much brain pan and time on your hands, bucko. Sounds impressive, what you wrote, but it don't mean squat to an old man like me. Maybe I'm just showing my ignorance. What's new about that?

Cary

Ralan

Elasticity

Yeah. I want my money back; that post definately wasn't modified to suit the capacity of my brain.

StarLord

Elasticity

Cary, I think when iooqxpooi finally gets to actual classes for Physics and Quantum Mechanics, I fully expect to see some of the old theories changed just because of him. And to think, we got to see him cut his teeth here....Hmmmmm

Hey Iooqxpooi!!! you best start sending out personalized autographs ok?? :lol:

iooqxpooi

Elasticity

Originally posted by CaryP@Sep 7 2004, 04:29 PM
iooqxpooi,

If you're really 12, you've got way too much brain pan and time on your hands, bucko.? Sounds impressive, what you wrote, but it don't mean squat to an old man like me.? Maybe I'm just showing my ignorance.? What's new about that?

Cary
So, from what I take it, you are saying that I have a thick skull and not enough of a brain, thus calling me dumb. Why thank you!

iooqxpooi

Elasticity

I admit that I did not know what brainpan was, but after I looked it up, I find myself angry at you from the definition. So maybe you meant it otherwise, but I can't take it that way because of the dictionary definition of it. Thus my anger. Maybe this is a misunderstanding, but I feel myself too ignorant to trust the chance that you might have meant it in another way, thus I trust the definition.

Snow

Elasticity

I'm sure it was a compliment iggy! At least I thought your intelligence was being acknowledged. I expect you to be one of the developers of time travel!

Please carry on - just don't be offended if some of us old lame brains don't interact too much on your theory topics. Speaking for myself - it's all way over my head!

Have fun!

SFW