Elvis Presley and John Lennon: Still Alive

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
I'm going to go ahead and reveal a little bit of what I'm going to change in history.

According to history after I revise it, Elvis Presley and John Lennon are still very much alive and well today. Allow me to explain a series of intricate events/scenarios that will make this idea a reality.

Elvis Presley

Elvis does not enroll for service in the U.S. Army in 1958. Two big reasons prevent him from doing this.
  1. Arnold George Dorsey moves from Leicester, England to Los Angeles, California on August 1, 1955. Mitch Miller signs him onto Columbia Records on September 1, 1956. On June 9, 1957 his producer/manager Joey Marcello (my creation, full name Joseph Alexander Marcello, born on March 30, 1918 to Italian immigrants in the Bronx) "renames" Dorsey as Engelbert Humperdinck. Engelbert experiences a sudden rise to a superstardom comparable to Elvis during the second half of 1957. Now that Engelbert is here to stay, Elvis must stay focused on his musical career if he is to prevent Engelbert from surpassing him in popularity.
  2. Elvis is married to his first wife, Mary Elizabeth Butler (also my creation, born November 30, 1935 in Memphis, Tennessee) as of her 17th birthday, and they remain married until their divorce in 1960. They have a pair of twins, James and Lucy (both my creation, born September 1, 1953 in Memphis). These family ties also keep Elvis grounded.
The U.S. Army I strongly assume is known for messing some people up mentally, so that they tend to indulge in food and drugs like Elvis did pre-change of history. So minus serving in the Army, and in addition looking to his rival Engelbert Humperdinck (no drugs, tobacco, alcohol, overindulgence in food) as a sort of role model, Elvis remains clean, and he lives very well past 1977, continuing to shape rock music.

John Lennon

Mark David Chapman has been known for having very severe mental issues, which caused him to use inspiration from "Catcher in the Rye" to go and murder John Lennon. Instead of murdering John Lennon, he seeks medical help from a psychiatrist, and he recovers from his very severe mental issues and does great things in life and society. Also, I have more people carrying guns in cities like New York, due to great pressure from opponents of gun control, including Joey Marcello, the same guy I have producing/managing Engelbert Humperdinck. The cities start repealing gun control laws in the late 1960s.

Marcello is also known for winning battles in numerous injustices, such as very severely mental people needing medical/psychiatric attention and corporal punishment to children and among spouses in the home. Joey Marcello starts these great efforts, and in the long run this prevents John Lennon's 1980 murder, and Lennon also continues to shape rock music.

TnWatchdog

This would be great if you can pull it off. Just think of all the music we had lost, but now could gain. What if I get run over and killed crossing the street to buy a John Lennon album in 1981 in this new timeline?

Himalayan Hermit

I'm going to go ahead and reveal a little bit of what I'm going to change in history.

According to history after I revise it, Elvis Presley and John Lennon are still very much alive and well today. Allow me to explain a series of intricate events/scenarios that will make this idea a reality.

Elvis Presley

Elvis does not enroll in the U.S. Army in 1958. Two big reasons prevent him from doing this.
  1. Arnold George Dorsey moves from Leicester, England to Los Angeles, California on August 1, 1955. Mitch Miller signs him onto Columbia Records on September 1, 1956. On June 9, 1957 his producer/manager Joey Marcello (my creation, full name Joseph Alexander Marcello, born on March 30, 1918 to Italian immigrants in the Bronx) "renames" Dorsey as Engelbert Humperdinck. Engelbert experiences a sudden rise to a superstardom comparable to Elvis during the second half of 1957. Now that Engelbert is here to stay, Elvis must stay focused on his musical career if he is to prevent Engelbert from surpassing him in popularity.
  2. Elvis is married to his first wife, Mary Elizabeth Butler (also my creation, born November 30, 1935 in Memphis, Tennessee) as of her 17th birthday, and they remain married until their divorce in 1960. They have a pair of twins, James and Lucy (both my creation, born September 1, 1953 in Memphis). These family ties also keep Elvis grounded.
The U.S. Army I strongly assume is known for messing some people up mentally, so that they tend to indulge in food and drugs like Elvis did pre-change of history. So minus serving in the Army, and in addition looking to his rival Engelbert Humperdinck (no drugs, tobacco, alcohol, overindulgence in food) as a sort of role model, Elvis remains clean, and he lives very well past 1977, continuing to shape rock music.

John Lennon

Mark David Chapman has been known for having very severe mental issues, which caused him to use inspiration from "Catcher in the Rye" to go and murder John Lennon. Instead of murdering John Lennon, he seeks medical help from a psychiatrist, and he recovers from his very severe mental issues and does great things in life and society. Also, I have more people carrying guns in cities like New York, due to great pressure from opponents of gun control, including Joey Marcello, the same guy I have producing/managing Engelbert Humperdinck. The cities start repealing gun control laws in the late 1960s.

Marcello is also known for winning battles in numerous injustices, such as very severely mental people needing medical/psychiatric attention and corporal punishment to children and among spouses in the home. Joey Marcello starts these great efforts, and in the long run this prevents John Lennon's 1980 murder, and Lennon also continues to shape rock music.

Can I ask how you plan to pull this ? :)

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@TnWatchdog - Trust God Almighty. He will keep you safe! He'll make sure you are not run over and killed.

@Himalayan Hermit - I will meet and consult with ETs, and they will instruct me on the best, most harmonious way to get me to pull all this off, whether it be astral projection, or a method that might seem preposterous to most of us, like the mind projecting into a time travel-enabled computer database of Earth's human history, or a crystal skull containing such a thing. The basic answer is: I don't know yet. Like The Secret (Law of Attraction) teaches us, human achievers didn't know the hows, they left it up to the universe.

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
I think in a way, these two were such legends BECAUSE they died an untimely death... If they went on to live full lives, they might've came out with a bunch of crappy music and became has-beens... The same with artists like Kurt Cobain and the rest of the Club 27...

However, Elvis is KING! And the Beatles are one of the best bands of all time! I didn't get to experience their music while they were still alive, so I'd be super pumped if they were still around! :) I'd rather see them in their prime, though...

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
I think in a way, these two were such legends BECAUSE they died an untimely death... If they went on to live full lives, they might've came out with a bunch of crappy music and became has-beens... The same with artists like Kurt Cobain and the rest of the Club 27...

However, Elvis is KING! And the Beatles are one of the best bands of all time! I didn't get to experience their music while they were still alive, so I'd be super pumped if they were still around! :) I'd rather see them in their prime, though...
Frank Sinatra is a legend, and he died at a pretty ripe old age. And whatever music Elvis and John Lennon come out with after 1977 and 1980, respectively, I'm sure it will be much better than the crap from artists like Justin Bieber, as well as mainstream rap.

And excuse my strong language, but having a better world with Elvis and John Lennon still alive in my opinion would be better than having them die young and become a part of dead rock star legend idol-worship shit.

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith

Frank Sinatra is a legend, and he died at a pretty ripe old age. And whatever music Elvis and John Lennon come out with after 1977 and 1980, respectively, I'm sure it will be much better than the crap from artists like Justin Bieber, as well as mainstream rap.

And excuse my strong language, but having a better world with Elvis and John Lennon still alive in my opinion would be better than having them die young and become a part of dead rock star legend idol-worship shit.
I didn't mean to offend you... :( Yeah, it'd be great to still have them around....

Martian

I agree with PoisonApple. Dying in their prime ensured that the world's final memories of them are good ones. I do agree that Sinatra was a very good singer, as well, but I'd say he's a rare example of one who didn't burn out or become mediocre.

Having said that, the only way to know for sure is to change it. If it turns out badly, you can always change it back. :)

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith

I didn't mean to offend you... :( Yeah, it'd be great to still have them around....
You didn't offend me at all! No need to worry! :)
I agree with PoisonApple. Dying in their prime ensured that the world's final memories of them are good ones. I do agree that Sinatra was a very good singer, as well, but I'd say he's a rare example of one who didn't burn out or become mediocre.

Having said that, the only way to know for sure is to change it. If it turns out badly, you can always change it back. :)
I'm pretty confident that things won't turn out badly. I can't think of a single artist who lost his/her legend status just because their music became mediocre or got worse. Saying that phenomenal artists' music would have degraded with age, as is natural by the way, is not an excuse to leave them dying prematurely.

I think the world would be a much better place with Elvis and John Lennon still alive, and not only making and shaping music, but changing the world for the better. I am not offended, but I hate it when people and non-human individuals try to make excuses to discourage visionaries from going ahead in changing the past.

EDIT: In my last sentence, I'm criticizing people, etc. who make excuses in that aspect in general. I'd never want to offend anyone or hurt their feelings, and I'm not trying to do so here either.

Last edited: