Everything happens for a reason?

Does everything *really* happen for a reason?

• Yes

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters

Harte

Re: Everything happens for a reason?

Guayamar said:
If we take that statement, strictly from a Cause and Effect perspective, then the answer is "yes" ... ;)
Guayamar,

Welcome to the forum, and nice semantics!

Harte

gonzogirl

:rolleyes:
Harte said:
Depends on your definition of "it all."

Not too difficult, that one, as long as you don't ask for a precise answer for what caused the Big Bang.

You should do a little checking. They've pretty much nailed down the age of the universe withing a few billion years and there are only two or three theories on how the universe evolved after the big bang to become what it is today. And even these theories are very similar to each other.

This is not one of those things that's hard to figure out.

Just remember, when they say the universe is expanding, they don't only mean that all the matter in the universe is flying away from all the rest of the matter in the universe. They also mean that the space in between all the matter is expanding, carrying the matter along with it, like raisins in a loaf of raisin bread that is set aside to rise before baking.

Ever make yeast bread? I do it often. I'm a great cook, in fact :p (brag brag brag.)

I love fresh bread but I can eat it faster than I can make it. :D

Harte

Yeah..I have heard about some big bang thingy....:rolleyes:
I just wonder what the real deal is. I dont think it matters..It just bugs the hell outta me. mostly when im bored.

kcwildman

Beastmaster

that big bang was DADDY snappin HIS fingers.
let there be light....SNAP....and there is light. yeh thats it. I can get a switch like that at walmart.
like any of us have a clue ....hell we can't even find the ocean floor. and we got real good flashlites to.

Max X

Brentnauer said:
I was listening to Coast to Coast AM last night and a caller made this statement. How many of you actually believe this?

I find it a little hard to believe that there's a purpose behind every single event. It may be my atheism peeking through, but unless there's an ultimate purpose behind EVERY event in the universe...

If things do happen for a reason, what do you imagine that reason to be?

This planet and the limitations we experience are a premeditated School of Learning, so what we experience in our lives are actually opportunities for progression, challenges to our limited set of beliefs and as a result we usually attain a higher level of knowledge, and sometimes even spiritual understanding.

Divine Mind, as Infinite Love, is not able to and can’t create, see or permit evil, or limitations of any kind.

The whole craze of the material mess is an illusion.

:)

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Everything happens for a reason?

The universe is like one big mathematical equation. Everything that happens is a function, and we insert our own factors here and there, but in the end, you end up with an "answer". Perhaps life isn't so random. I have come across too many coincidences to assume that life is random. And once you recognize one, you open your mind to seeing others. Life is a puzzle that fits together perfectly.

Dr. Malasunto

Well. Taking classical physics as reference, our universe is determinist so everything is already set and cannot change. But then we have quantum physics and that theories doesn't fit completely well with the classical ones.
Also, even if it was already decided because cause and reaction... then what is the cause of the existence of the universe?

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
For if all was given to man, there would be chaos.
Maybe, and then again, maybe not. There are good people and bad people in this world, and overall, in this universe, there's a never-ending battle between good and evil. So I think God rarely intervenes in human affairs, because there's enough good people to go around to make the world a better place to live.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Well. Taking classical physics as reference, our universe is determinist so everything is already set and cannot change. But then we have quantum physics and that theories doesn't fit completely well with the classical ones.
Also, even if it was already decided because cause and reaction... then what is the cause of the existence of the universe?

Do you believe, then, that if we time travel we cannot change the timeline? I tend to think that we if we knew the future, we could go back and make decisions to change it. Of course, I can't prove that with science.

It just seems to me that there are too many "coincidences". I almost think that the word "coincidence" was invented to brushoff something more extraordinary. There seem to be other "forces" (I use that term loosely) involved with fate, time, and, existence.

Sometimes, battling fate is difficult, though. It is a strong "force". I'm fighting through it at the moment! I'm trying to make a change and "fate" keeps trying to say NOOOOOO you can't do that..... but I promise I will prevail!

(This is what happens when I have my coffee).

Dr. Malasunto

Do you believe, then, that if we time travel we cannot change the timeline? I tend to think that we if we knew the future, we could go back and make decisions to change it. Of course, I can't prove that with science.

It just seems to me that there are too many "coincidences". I almost think that the word "coincidence" was invented to brushoff something more extraordinary. There seem to be other "forces" (I use that term loosely) involved with fate, time, and, existence.

Sometimes, battling fate is difficult, though. It is a strong "force". I'm fighting through it at the moment! I'm trying to make a change and "fate" keeps trying to say NOOOOOO you can't do that..... but I promise I will prevail!

(This is what happens when I have my coffee).
To be honest, even being a scientific guy i like to think that nothing can really be stablished because at some point everything loses its sense. And that goes against logic for me.

So maybe science and magick can exist separately.