Everything happens for a reason?

Does everything *really* happen for a reason?

• Yes

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Well. Taking classical physics as reference, our universe is determinist so everything is already set and cannot change. But then we have quantum physics and that theories doesn't fit completely well with the classical ones.
Also, even if it was already decided because cause and reaction... then what is the cause of the existence of the universe?

Do you believe, then, that if we time travel we cannot change the timeline? I tend to think that we if we knew the future, we could go back and make decisions to change it. Of course, I can't prove that with science.

It just seems to me that there are too many "coincidences". I almost think that the word "coincidence" was invented to brushoff something more extraordinary. There seem to be other "forces" (I use that term loosely) involved with fate, time, and, existence.

Sometimes, battling fate is difficult, though. It is a strong "force". I'm fighting through it at the moment! I'm trying to make a change and "fate" keeps trying to say NOOOOOO you can't do that..... but I promise I will prevail!

(This is what happens when I have my coffee).
To be honest, even being a scientific guy i like to think that nothing can really be stablished because at some point everything loses its sense. And that goes against logic for me.

So maybe science and magick can exist separately.

There are always things in science that can't yet be explained. Life itself is a mystery. What caused the big bang. Where did the big ball of "stuff" come from? Mysteries are the dark matter of life.

Dreamwarrior

Yeah try telling that to the lady victim when the night stalker Richard ramiraz gouged out her eye bet she wasn't happy ,shame the bast.rd died from cancer I would've loved to have tied him to a lamp post and smashed him to pieces,I believe in an eye for an eye ,do onto others that they do to you .

SomethingCursed

I was listening to Coast to Coast AM last night and a caller made this statement. How many of you actually believe this?

I find it a little hard to believe that there's a purpose behind every single event. It may be my atheism peeking through, but unless there's an ultimate purpose behind EVERY event in the universe...

If things do happen for a reason, what do you imagine that reason to be?

I just sneezed, did that happen for a reason? Yes. Something prompted that.

I just flipped my laptop off, hoping you see it. Did it happen for a reason? Maybe I was mad, so that is a reason.

So yes, I suppose everything does happen for a reason. But not in the way it is used all the time.. people use the motto as if there is some metaphysical, special, supernatural and paranormal thing that.. there is a GRAND GIANT PLAN or something when you say everything happens for a reason.., that isn't the case.

Things happen because there is something making it happen, yes, but it's not the Universe/Karma/God or whatever.. it's just nature, it just is.. which is getting too deep.

I am existing. Why am I existing? Because my parents had unprotected sex one night and the rest is history. That is a reason.

I'm going to work in the morning. Why? Because I want to, because I can, because I like to get out of the house, because I like the extra cash, because I have bills to pay and soon-to-be mouths to feed.

Why do rich people do nothing all day but read? Because they want to read all day, there is a reason.

A better question would "Is there a difference between a reason and an excuse?"

No, not really.

Saying "everything happens for a reason" is like saying "the sky is blue, the grass is green and water is wet".. obviously.

So now we're back to square one, everything does seem to come full circle now don't it.

God I sound like a prick lol, but yea. I'm not voting either way, because it's kind of in-between.

SomethingCursed

I was listening to Coast to Coast AM last night and a caller made this statement. How many of you actually believe this?

I find it a little hard to believe that there's a purpose behind every single event. It may be my atheism peeking through, but unless there's an ultimate purpose behind EVERY event in the universe...

If things do happen for a reason, what do you imagine that reason to be?

I just sneezed, did that happen for a reason? Yes. Something prompted that.

I just flipped my laptop off, hoping you see it. Did it happen for a reason? Maybe I was mad, so that is a reason.

So yes, I suppose everything does happen for a reason. But not in the way it is used all the time.. people use the motto as if there is some metaphysical, special, supernatural and paranormal thing that.. there is a GRAND GIANT PLAN or something when you say everything happens for a reason.., that isn't the case.

Things happen because there is something making it happen, yes, but it's not the Universe/Karma/God or whatever.. it's just nature, it just is.. which is getting too deep.

I am existing. Why am I existing? Because my parents had unprotected sex one night and the rest is history. That is a reason.

I'm going to work in the morning. Why? Because I want to, because I can, because I like to get out of the house, because I like the extra cash, because I have bills to pay and soon-to-be mouths to feed.

Why do rich people do nothing all day but read? Because they want to read all day, there is a reason.

A better question would "Is there a difference between a reason and an excuse?"

No, not really.

Saying "everything happens for a reason" is like saying "the grass is green, the sky is blue, water is wet and dirt is dirt".

So now we're back to square one, everything does seem to come full circle now doesn't it.

I sound like a prick but to end, the world is a wonderful place.. of science, of logic, of reason, of reasons.. reasons which don't necessarily require some.. mystical and mysterious THING to, be a reason.. if that makes sense.

SomethingCursed

Yeah try telling that to the lady victim when the night stalker Richard ramiraz gouged out her eye bet she wasn't happy ,shame the bast.rd died from cancer I would've loved to have tied him to a lamp post and smashed him to pieces,I believe in an eye for an eye ,do onto others that they do to you .

Go home Dreamwarrior, you're drunk again

Dalet

This door is now closed.
Does everything happen for a reason?

Is this the same as asking: Does every effect have a cause?

Is there a difference?

titorite

I dont know... if everything that can happen , does happen just not specifically to the you that exisists here and now is it still random?

Dalet

This door is now closed.
... if everything that can happen does happen - just not specifically to the you that exists here and now - is it still random?

No. That would make it all simply the fabric of existence. Which it is.

The question is: Where is the loom which created that fabric?