Evidence for a Young World: Is Earth under 10,000 years old?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Let's keep an open mind here and consider the arguments contained in this article:

Here are fourteen natural phenomena which conflict with the evolutionary idea that the universe is billions of years old. The numbers listed below in bold print (usually in the millions of years) are often maximum possible ages set by each process, not the actual ages. The numbers in italics are the agesrequired by evolutionary theory for each item. The point is that the maximum possible ages are always much less than the required evolutionary ages, while the biblical age (6,000 years) always fits comfortably within the maximum possible ages. Thus, the following items are evidence against the evolutionary time scale and for the biblical time scale. Much more young-world evidence exists, but I have chosen these items for brevity and simplicity. Some of the items on this list can be reconciled with the old-age view only by making a series of improbable and unproven assumptions; others can fit in only with a recent creation.

The Institute for Creation Research

For exemple:
1. Galaxies wind themselves up too fast.

The stars of our own galaxy, the Milky Way, rotate about the galactic center with different speeds, the inner ones rotating faster than the outer ones. The observed rotation speeds are so fast that if our galaxy were more than a few hundred million years old, it would be a featureless disc of stars instead of its present spiral shape.1 Yet our galaxy is supposed to be at least 10 billion years old. Evolutionists call this "the winding-up dilemma," which they have known about for fifty years. They have devised many theories to try to explain it, each one failing after a brief period of popularity. The same "winding-up" dilemma also applies to other galaxies. For the last few decades the favored attempt to resolve the puzzle has been a complex theory called "density waves."1 The theory has conceptual problems, has to be arbitrarily and very finely tuned, and has been called into serious question by the Hubble Space Telescope's discovery of very detailed spiral structure in the central hub of the "Whirlpool" galaxy, M51.2

I'm curious to read your opinion on the matter. Remember, let's keep an open mind for the sake of debating. :)

I remember an argument for Creationism that said that if the moon were really as old as many scientists say, the first astronauts to step foot on it would have been submerged up to their heads in dust.

Of course, this argument was based on the assumption that nothing has happened to the moon for countless millenia... Who knows? I always wondered if anyone else had a different way of explaining it, provided that it's even true.

IroncladMarshmallow

I remember an argument for Creationism that said that if the moon were really as old as many scientists say, the first astronauts to step foot on it would have been submerged up to their heads in dust.

Of course, this argument was based on the assumption that nothing has happened to the moon for countless millenia... Who knows? I always wondered if anyone else had a different way of explaining it, provided that it's even true.
There are no bunnies on the moon, therefore no dust. :D

IroncladMarshmallow

I don't argue science with people following a religion that prohibits considering alternative explanations, since my efforts would be futile. Having said that, the general errors they make are assuming that we already have all relevant knowledge, ignoring evidence of things they dislike, framing the argument in terms of their religion as established fact from the beginning instead of inquiring with an open mind to all possibilities, and assuming that either one argument or the other MUST be correct (sometimes everyone is wrong). Meanwhile, I bet they conveniently ignore where their gasoline comes from while they're at the pump.

Khaos

where the wild things are
Aren't these the same ones who say dinosaurs don't exist because (insert religious text here) doesn't have them in there? Yeah as Mr. Marshmallow said above me, I bet they do ignore where their gasoline comes from... lol

Hmm.. The version I was told is that demons planted all the dinosaur bones to trick us into believing in evolution. I liked that one... :)

Last edited:

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
Just for the sake of argument, I'd like to point out that if dinosaurs were in the Bible, they wouldn't be called "dinosaurs", they'd most likely be called "animals" or even "beasts"...
Also, 1 day in God's view (or as expressed in the Bible) could be equal to 1 billion years to us...