Evolving Forms: An Intriguing Look at Shapeshifting

Poison Pen

The notion of shapeshifting has been around for nearly as long as human beings. The possibility that a person can take the shape of another being—most often an animal—can be traced back thousands of years, permeating various cultures and religions. While transmogrification has been widely valued in various religious mythologies, there is also evidence of its influence in pseudo-historical (possibly historical) records.

Shapeshifting in Fairy Tales and Myth
Shapeshifting appears very often in fairy tales and myths. In tales from Greek mythology, Zeus transformed into countless creatures, such as a swan, a bull, and an ant. The myths of the Egyptians depicted the gods with the heads of animals, as seen in the bird head of Horus and the dog head of Anubis, while the myths of the Norsemen showed the mischievous god Loki change into a giant, a woman, and various animals. More recently, in the well-known tale recorded by the Brothers Grimm, The Frog Prince (written in the 19th century), the male protagonist was changed into a frog for a mistake he made in his past.

Read more: Evolving Forms: An Intriguing Look at Shapeshifting | Ancient Origins

TimeFlipper

Now im scratching my head Pen, as to how i can beat your wonderful 18 letter word..Transmogrification :)
I reckon you would get about 120 points or more on a Scrabble Board for it :D

Poison Pen

Now im scratching my head Pen, as to how i can beat your wonderful 18 letter word..Transmogrification :)
I reckon you would get about 120 points or more on a Scrabble Board for it :D

Well I would like to take credit for it but I can't.