Extreme stupidity, irrational panic in the conspiracy Theory / paranormal community

RobertRiplie

So I was on this other forum and they were going crazy because of a photograph of a convoy of 18 wheelers heading towards the Kremlin at night, there was also a photograph of them setting up stuff like stages and bleachers and stuff near the Kremlin. the thread quickly deteriorate it into how Vladimir Putin hasn't been seen for few days and then it went into whole bunch of anti Semitic / Zionist terrible crap theories Vladimir Putin being killed and that if he does come back it's some kind of body double clone put in by the CIA and then they claim the same thing had happened to Kim Jong-un earlier when really he just suffers from gout and had to stay off his feet after surgery. its like they have no critical thinking skills at all they just go out find a whole bunch of crap and weave it together And then they say a whole bunch of stuff that isn't even true about Russia or North Korea. Then when somebody who's actually been to both those places sets them straight they then just post a meme image or reply with some stupid remark or call you a shill or spy... It's so very frustrating and it makes me not wonder why some people think we all live in our mothers basements wearing tin foil hats

Num7

Administrator
Staff
A lot of conspiracy sites are all about finding the craziest conspiracies. Your post makes me think of GLP, maybe that's the forum you are referring to. Such a big forum attracts all kinds of people, extreme believers, debunkers, and all the others in between.

I used to visit GLP about everyday a few years back, but over time I noticed I rarely found anything of great interest.

Ah... conspiracy theorists.

Harte

I heard that GLP is a good place to pick up malware.

Also, the mods/admins read your PMs and ban you for what you wrote.

Happened to me here, once.

Harte

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I heard that GLP is a good place to pick up malware.

Also, the mods/admins read your PMs and ban you for what you wrote.
I heard that numerous times. The admins made sure to ban people who were arguing about it.

Happened to me here, once.
I could tell you the admins from back then are long gone, but you already know that.

Harte

That's when the place got turned over to what's his name. The guy from Batman.

batman-bane-mask.jpg

Didn't think he could read, by the looks of him.

Harte

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
That's when the place got turned over to what's his name. The guy from Batman.

batman-bane-mask.jpg

Didn't think he could read, by the looks of him.

Harte
Didnt he go by Satan at first, then John or Jack? Something with a J. That's around when this was ParanormalNetwork.net I think.

When the original admins were here, I remember some craziness when this kid (we had a nobody under 13 rule for some reason) kept registering and spamming PMs to someone... Can't remember who but it was to the point where this person (who contributed a lot of great posts) was threatening to leave. I noticed the same IP had registered again and got a complaint from this member some time later so I checked the outgoing messages via the database, posted what was happening and how to properly ban this kid in the mod lounge and the admins freaked out; completely banned me.

Luckily ownership changed hands a few weeks later and I got invited back as co-admin.

CDS

Hmmm, interesting... lots o' drama :rolleyes:

That's what's so fun about being part of a paranormal message board! It takes all kinds... o_0

Harte

Don't laugh. We lost hundreds of posts in that debacle. Almost every valuable one was mine!

Harte