Facelessman /Crypid footage on YouTube

PlanetGreg

Hey! There seems to be a weird and inexplicable series of videos floating on the web right now, featuring a "Facelessman" --- a man without a visible mouth. All the candid videos are supposedly shot by different people. The videos are weird and creepy, but pretty realistic looking too. Anyone know anything?
Cheers! -J

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Wow! What was that? lol I guess it could easily be a fake, but who knows? You said there are more than one video... they all feature this guy? Hmm.

PlanetGreg

Ya! They are all that guy either walking without knowing he's filmed, or avoiding being filmed or attacking the camera?... Maybe more stuff too. Sometimes it looks hard to tell if its real or not... other times it looks like it could be a mask. New videos have gone up too... its weird lol.

Computerbug

Do you guys all remember the legend of "the green man" that guy that was said to be a monster but was really just a guy who lost a lot of parts after a horrible accident? I'm guessing that this kid is either just another guy like him, some people trying to cash in on the slenderman popularity, or something darker and scarier. But I'm highly doubting that 3rd option.

Woah... check out this video.

Crethox

What kind of strikes me odd is both persons posting the videos on youtube made an account recently. Besides that, both videos are short, filming the ground and apparently incidently they both catch the "faceless" man on film....?

Based on what I said I think this was staged, until proven otherwise :ROFLMAO:

PlanetGreg

What kind of strikes me odd is both persons posting the videos on youtube made an account recently. Besides that, both videos are short, filming the ground and apparently incidently they both catch the "faceless" man on film....?

Based on what I said I think this was staged, until proven otherwise :ROFLMAO:

You make some interesting points. It is a bit stagey... but -in attempt to not be so cynical- its interesting to think about a certain lack of privacy that exists in todays world. How many people have cameras on them at all times these days... and its actually very upsetting how often people whip them out to record in situations that they could otherwise be helping in. What are the chances we are seeing some kind of "digital bullying" happening here? Look how quickly "planking" became an internet trend... next thing you know this poor man can't go anywhere without someone whipping out their camera you know?

Another one?

Peregrini

In each instance it appears to be the same man. (not that I would think there were several like him running around) I do have a few questions about him though.
1 Is he human or is the implication that he is an alien?
2 If he is human and he was born this way why wasn't surgery performed when he was just an infant to give him a mouth?
3 How does he eat?
I would have to believe this is staged. A couple of guys in New York having some fun with the locals and videoing it for you tube and their 15 min of fame. Nice make-up job though. To me the high and pronounced cheek bones give it away.

PlanetGreg

In each instance it appears to be the same man. (not that I would think there were several like him running around) I do have a few questions about him though.
1 Is he human or is the implication that he is an alien?
2 If he is human and he was born this way why wasn't surgery performed when he was just an infant to give him a mouth?
3 How does he eat?
I would have to believe this is staged. A couple of guys in New York having some fun with the locals and videoing it for you tube and their 15 min of fame. Nice make-up job though. To me the high and pronounced cheek bones give it away.

Hmm.

1. I'm not sure if the implication is that he is alien, he looks "human" to me; it hadn't crossed my mind that he might be alien. But maybe?

2-3 I'm not sure its that simple, let alone feasible. I imagine that would be a TERRIBLY complicated procedure, and it would be CRAZY expensive -- how many months of slow reconstruction via medical/plastic surgery. Then physical therapy. Plus so much of our digestive system is based on subconscious reflexes, like the esophagus and all of the tiny muscles that help it push food into the stomach. So the guy has no lips or an opening for a mouth, you'd have to ask yourself -does he have teeth inside his head? Is there a tongue rolling around in there too? Or was he born without those systems... what seems MORE likely -and i'm basing this off a documentary I saw a while back about a person with a similar deformity- is that he eats through a stomach pump.

Talraven

The first thing I thought when I watched the first video is 'VOLDEMORT IS REAL! There goes my five bucks.'

After the initial reaction, I immediately felt guilty. He looks like an ordinary guy who's possibly been through recent trauma that's resulted in him losing the lower half of his mouth. I mean, it's not significantly unusual to find a disfigured person, not with all sort of accidents that can happen these days. I saw a woman on TV once that lost her mouth and one ear in an acid attack and she looked almost exactly like this man, though with a large amount of swelling in the chin area.

The title of this thread reminded me of a legend, though, of a faceless man who steals your souls and lives in shadows. I'm not quite sure where the legend stems from, but perhaps you've heard of him? He's called a Shadowman, or a Tallman in some parts of the world (the latter because some people say that he's unnaturally tall and slim, too). Anyway, the man in the video doesn't look like that, though, and I don't think he's an alien. Would an alien really walk around on Earth without bothering to disguise itself? And if it's intelligent enough to procure Earth clothing so as not to stand out, why not something that can cover its unusual face, as well?

Either way, Crethox's is right; these videos are probably a hoax, unless proven otherwise.

Talraven

You make some interesting points. It is a bit stagey... but -in attempt to not be so cynical- its interesting to think about a certain lack of privacy that exists in todays world. How many people have cameras on them at all times these days... and its actually very upsetting how often people whip them out to record in situations that they could otherwise be helping in. What are the chances we are seeing some kind of "digital bullying" happening here? Look how quickly "planking" became an internet trend... next thing you know this poor man can't go anywhere without someone whipping out their camera you know?

Another one?

So true. I've actually seen first-hand when a teenage boy whipped out his iPhone and took a video of an old man tripping over a curb and spilling his shopping bags. It was positively disturbing. I kind of just gave him a dirty look and helped the old man out, but it bothers me that these things actually happen.

Anyway, regarding the video you posted, it's interesting to me that the faceless man actually stares at the guy taking a video of him as opposed to reacting to it, whether angrily or otherwise. If it were me, and it did indeed bother me to be taped, I'd probably try to punch the guy's face. However, his lack of a reaction makes me suspect that he doesn't actually mind (and in fact, probably wants, to be caught on camera). Smells fishy. On that note, though, is it really considered 'bullying' if the person being hounded for a video doesn't actually mind it?