Fahrenheit 9/11

CaryP

Fahrenheit 9/11

John,

You are so right on. I would've posted, but you're making too much sense. Thanks bro for the wisdom you bring to this thread. The war in Iraq is based on a whole pack of lies. It ain't about communism or taking out a dictator. Africa is full of dictators and we're not there. The unjust war is part of the PNAC agenda. Nothing more. Taxpayer money wasted. American troops' lives wasted. Their families' lives wasted. In the name of what? The PNAC agenda and lies sold to this country. Pardon my rant.

Uni, you believe what you wanna believe, as Tom Petty sings, but you haven't a clue pal.

Cary

Unintentional

Fahrenheit 9/11

18000 is not thriving considering there were 20000 at the time we invade Afganistan.

I hope in 20 or 50 years, with hindsite, that what the US has done in the past 4 years is seen as a time of great courage, in which the US did the unpopular thing, and forced extreme mulsims into a downward trend and will be in about 20 or 50 years a mere nusiance.

Even if extremist muslims are on the rise (which I doubt), having a free Iraq and free Afganistan will give them no safe haven in those countries. The US will be gone in a few years, but Afgani and Iraqi police will be there forever, hunting down and killing or capturing the extremist muslims. The extremist muslims can not win in the long run. This would not have been the case if the US had done nothing.

Doing nothing will not decrease the number of extemist muslims. Doing something, even if it turns out to be the wrong thing (again which I doubt), will at least give us a framework on what we have tried and what to do differently in the future. Doing nothing does even less than doing the wrong thing, because it just lets the extrmist muslims excolate their weopons and demands.

Sarcasm ahead:

All those countries within 2200 km of Iran: How's it going? I am so sorry that the United States removed a totalian dictatorial theocracy in Afganistan and removed a very similiar dictator in Iraq. Lords know Iran would have never even thought of developing a nuclear capable missle to terrorize it neighbors if we weren't there. I remember just four years ago, Iran was nothing but peacefull farmers who studied the Quoran in there off time. I am sorry that the US has drove them to this. Perhaps if Afganistan and Iraq were left alone, Iran would have continued to live in its peacefull co-existance with its neighbors.

End of sarcasm.

Perhaps if all these countries who say Iraq is out of control because there aren't enough troops should send some.

CaryP

Fahrenheit 9/11

Originally posted by Unintentional@Oct 21 2004, 08:32 PM

18000 is not thriving considering there were 20000 at the time we invade Afganistan.

I hope in 20 or 50 years, with hindsite, that what the US has done in the past 4 years is seen as a time of great courage, in which the US did the unpopular thing, and forced extreme mulsims into a downward trend and will be in about 20 or 50 years a mere nusiance.

Even if extremist muslims are on the rise (which I doubt), having a free Iraq and free Afganistan will give them no safe haven in those countries. The US will be gone in a few years, but Afgani and Iraqi police will be there forever, hunting down and killing or capturing the extremist muslims. The extremist muslims can not win in the long run. This would not have been the case if the US had done nothing.

Doing nothing will not decrease the number of extemist muslims. Doing something, even if it turns out to be the wrong thing (again which I doubt), will at least give us a framework on what we have tried and what to do differently in the future. Doing nothing does even less than doing the wrong thing, because it just lets the extrmist muslims excolate their weopons and demands.

Sarcasm ahead:

All those countries within 2200 km of Iran: How's it going? I am so sorry that the United States removed a totalian dictatorial theocracy in Afganistan and removed a very similiar dictator in Iraq. Lords know Iran would have never even thought of developing a nuclear capable missle to terrorize it neighbors if we weren't there. I remember just four years ago, Iran was nothing but peacefull farmers who studied the Quoran in there off time. I am sorry that the US has drove them to this. Perhaps if Afganistan and Iraq were left alone, Iran would have continued to live in its peacefull co-existance with its neighbors.

End of sarcasm.

Perhaps if all these countries who say Iraq is out of control because there aren't enough troops should send some.

Smuda/Uni, I like you pal. But you have no idea of what you're speaking about. The US govt. has troops there out of an ongoing global war agenda. History will show our current policies to be aggression at it's worst. The PNAC got it's agenda going. We are the most feared country on the planet today. We are not liberators. We are conquers and occupiers. The current administration could give a rat's ass about the "freedom and liberty" of the countries currently occupied. If we don't change our ways, and that is doubtful, we will go down with the evil empires of the 20th century. I know you're voting for Badnarik, at least you say you are, in the upcoming election. I got to hand you that. But the PNAC agenda is not the American agenda. America is not about pre-emptive wars, torture, lying to the Congress and the American people. Michael Moore was played like a fine violin with his movie for the sake of misdirection of the PNAC and NWO agenda. So what? How many fools have been allowed to spout off so the masses could say "See, I told you so" when the misdirection had nothing to do with what was really going on? All too many times in the last century. I hope we don't wind up sharing a FEMA camp together. It won't be fun, and I'll be telling you "I told you so." Things are not what they appear to be, not for a long time now. Keep drinking the Kool Aid if you want to. I drank it for a long time, and the withdrawal is not easy. But the weight of evidence is overwhelming. And it ain't pretty. I'll shut up for now. You keep singing the party lines if you want to. I'm done. You've obviously got your mind made up, and I ain't here to change it.

Cary

Razimus

Fahrenheit 9/11

Originally posted by karizma@Oct 15 2004, 10:16 AM
I watched Fahrenheit 9/11 last night and was deeply moved by what I saw. I was wondering if others out there shared my opinion or had their own spin on the documentory.

Karizma

I don't buy a single word that comes from that movie, Michael Moore simply can't be trusted, he planned this thing as a publicity stunt to make tons of money and obviously in an attempt to sway the voters.

The "South Park" creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone mentioned on Conan O'Brien the other night that Michael Moore likes to manipulate the truth, Matt Stone said he had personal experience with Moore, during the filming of Moore's previous doc, bowling for Columbine, Moore interviewed Matt because he grew up in Littleton Colorado, anyway, Moore asked Trey and Matt if they would do a southpark cartoon for his movie, concerning Columbine, and they declined. Michael Moore had a cartoon made by someone else anyway, which was very "South-Park-esque" according to Matt & Trey. In the movie after the interview with Matt Stone, the "South-Park-like" cartoon is shown, from the perspective of a viewer it appears that it was created by Matt, which Matt said was very manipulative, he was mad at Moore.

It's propaganda, If you buy everything in F-911, there are also some distant planets you may be interested in buying as well.

karizma

Fahrenheit 9/11

I'm sorry Raz but are you insinuating that I am misinformed or "stupid"?

It's propaganda, If you buy everything in F-911, there are also some distant planets you may be interested in buying as well.

Karizma

John

Fahrenheit 9/11

Originally posted by Razimus+Oct 21 2004, 10:35 PM--><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-karizma@Oct 15 2004, 10:16 AM
I watched Fahrenheit 9/11 last night and was deeply moved by what I saw.? I was wondering if others out there shared my opinion or had their own spin on the documentory.

Karizma

I don't buy a single word that comes from that movie, Michael Moore simply can't be trusted, he planned this thing as a publicity stunt to make tons of money and obviously in an attempt to sway the voters.

The "South Park" creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone mentioned on Conan O'Brien the other night that Michael Moore likes to manipulate the truth, Matt Stone said he had personal experience with Moore, during the filming of Moore's previous doc, bowling for Columbine, Moore interviewed Matt because he grew up in Littleton Colorado, anyway, Moore asked Trey and Matt if they would do a southpark cartoon for his movie, concerning Columbine, and they declined. Michael Moore had a cartoon made by someone else anyway, which was very "South-Park-esque" according to Matt & Trey. In the movie after the interview with Matt Stone, the "South-Park-like" cartoon is shown, from the perspective of a viewer it appears that it was created by Matt, which Matt said was very manipulative, he was mad at Moore.

[snapback]12825[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

So I should believe SouthPark and not a documentary? Your point is... And your proof that it is propaganda is... At least provide proof and reliable sources (Matt Stone and Trey Parker are not exactly experts on foreign or political affairs) to back up your claims.

I will give you a universal truth, "Don't believe fully in anyone or anything without checking the sources and facts surrounding said instance". And another: "Sarcasm and insinuating that people are ignorant, naive or less intelligent than you because they disagree with you is not a way to prove your point".

Un, pleads his case in an intelligent manner supporting it with facts and/or sources. I highly respect him and his differing opinion for that. I respect every member's opinion, mainly because most members do more than just drop a "one liner" or follow a good post with a "one line insult". Even if I wanted to take your post seriously as a debatable topic, I couldn't simply because you negated the research you did concerning Michael Moore and the creators of South Park, with an insult to all the other members of this community that thought the film was good.

We don't expect people to do a research paper in order to plead their point. We do however, as a community, expect to be given a bit of insight as to the reasoning without being insulted for our differing views.

There is nothing wrong with having differing opinions. It leads to alot of interesting discussions, but don't make it personal against our community members via insults.

KiraSjon

Fahrenheit 9/11

well said satan! er...john...err...almighty admin :D
I found this: http://www.citizensunited-interactive.org/c41.11/

It's called Celsius 4111 which apparently at 41.11C the brain begins to die. But, it's another documentary coming out, only this one is rebutting F 9/11. Perhaps these were both planned? *shrug* who knows. Everyone has a side. Everyone has a bias. I'm just glad most times we can look past all that and still find goodness in one another. >:D<

StarLord

Fahrenheit 9/11

At first glance, Moore seems to be on the ball. However, there was a part in his first movie where he lied his way into Charleton Hestons' house and tried to make a fool out of Heston. Heston was gracious and you could see in the beginning that he expected something quite different from Moore than what was given. I felt sad for Heston, but I felt even more sad for Moore because it was obvious that hehad no respect for himself or other people.

Right or wrong, would you treat your father or granfather that way? It's obvious to see that Moore has absolutely no respect for other people, he comes off as being very selfserving to the point of rudeness way beyond the call of humanity. A pig in the real sense of the word.

When Moore decided to dedicate his time during an award show to make political statements regarding the shame Bush should feel, I lost what little respect I had for Moore. He reminds me of a wayward outcast on a mission, riding a broken down tricycle chasing shadows of windmills that have never appeared in the real world.

CaryP

Fahrenheit 9/11

Razimus,

Are you thick skulled, or are you just masochisticly begging for an ass whupin? You keep running around this place firing your mouth off without loading your brain. Now you're about to pee on a bunch of people's shoes. The repercussion won't be pretty. John and Karizma are two of the nicest people around. They were very diplomatic and gracious in their response. I ain't that patient with loud mouthed jerks such as yourself. Your broad sweeping statements and condescending admonishments only confirm your shallow, uneducated and immature dumbass. Clear enough coolio homeslice?

How 'bout you crawl on over to anomalies for a while and jack with the locals, before I have to brush up on the "razimus" procedure?

Cary