Energy Type: High-power microwaves
Targets: Human
Confirmed Kills: N/A, nonlethal
Power: Nonlethal
Range: Miles
Platform: Truck
Service: Air Force
Manufacturer: Raytheon

Raytheon delivered its first ray gun crowd-control device, designed to zap angry mobs with microwaves, in 2000. Since then it's been tested over 11,000 times on human targets. It penetrates 1/64 of an inch below the surface of the skin, creating a temporary burning sensation.

Although the military has deemed the active denial system to be safe, it has yet to be deployed in the field. The public is understandably a little timid about the government using the "Pain Ray" on people, but Mike Booen, VP of Raytheon DE Systems, says such a system could save lives. "Right now, you either shout at crowds, or you shoot at them," he says. Raytheon developed a lower power version of the system, called Silent Guardian, which it sent to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department last year for possible use on unruly inmates.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
good find there opmmur ....however I have a low power microwave on my kitchen counter used to heat up food and the thought of a big one mounted on a truck is quite unnerving. the prospect of being cooked alive seems very leathal to me.

Peregrini

They had one of these devices in Chicago for the NATO summit. There are no stories of their having used it but WLS radio had an official on the air and he discussed it and how it could be used.

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Governments of the world have more dangerous devices than the one shown above when using high-powered laser technology. I have a pretty good background in microwave electronics and have a FCC license to transmit in the microwave range.

A regular microwave oven, found in most kitchens across America, uses magnetrons working at 5 to 6 GHz and the device listed above works in the range of 95 GHz. My greatest concern would be the heat generated penetrates 1/64 inches deep, I don't believe it would damage the body that much from two or three blasts of this device. Where the concern comes in: is the thin-film over the cornea of your eyes that could be damaged or cooked from a blast of this type of microwave radiation. I also question the possibility of skin cancer 15 or 20 years down the road from the exposure of this type of radiation.

BlastTyrant

So my insides would be cold but my outside would be burned? :LOL:

On a serious note, if you look at the recent events with the mass release of spy planes, the ever growing military prescence "i know they seem to be multiplying here" the ephasis on crowd control, the military laws being passed like the National defense act, the bill that allows the military to hold a US CITIZEN for as long as they feel nessisary and Indefinite detention without trial! It also gives the military the right to act in the united states "NOTE: this bill was supposidely "turned down by a judge" but i got a feeling it will rise again. The military is preparing for a revolution and mass rioting.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
it would appear they are gearing up for some mighty pissed off villager's stormin the gate's of the castle with pitchforks and torch's

Peregrini

Professor Opmmur;
If I may seek your expertise in this field, if it became necessary for regular people to defend against such a weapon, what would be the best defense? Mirrors, aluminum foil, or some other reflective material like Mylar?

HDRKID

This is one of major "non lethal" weapons that John Titor did warn us on. There are many more. Sadly, most people will not wake up.

Samstwitch

This is one of major "non lethal" weapons that John Titor did warn us on. There are many more. Sadly, most people will not wake up.

Everything in this video is sooo true! It's sickening. What's worse, is the majority of people are so blind and gullible...Sheeple unwilling to educate themselves, unable to think for themselves. The world is controlled by evil manipulators, and people are their slaves.

It all comes back to Bible prophecy. We have been warned by God. Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. The truth will set you free. Know Jesus, know peace. No Jesus, no peace.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
found this site talking about the U.S. military and its new toys
Bio-electromagnetic Weapons: The ultimate weapon
heres a short clip of the full artical these things are in place and quite ready to be braught to bare against any and all who dare to say no

Electromagnetic weapons operate at the speed of light; they can kill, torture and enslave; but the public are largely unaware that they exist, because these weapons operate by stealth and leave no physical evidence. Electromagnetic weapons have been tested on human beings since 1976. By widely dispersing the involuntary human test-subjects, and vehemently attacking their credibility, it has been possible for the United States to proceed with these human experiments unhindered by discussions or criticisms, let alone opposition.

This ultimate weapon system is currently being deployed in Iraq. The US Air Force and the Marine Corps refer to it as “active denial technology”, as if it were used purely for defense, but it is not (see Box 1).

heres where and when they have used them so far