First reaction to John Titor story

Judge Bean

Originally posted by TheHeggy@Sep 20 2004, 03:36 AM
Paul,

Snow and I are in the process of building a Time Travel Library to archive every bit of info we can get on every time traveller we can find.

We're in no danger of being brought down, I think Satan archives this site regularly.

I wonder whether the old site has been archived.

lev

Originally posted by Paul J. Lyon+Sep 20 2004, 03:50 AM--><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-TheHeggy@Sep 20 2004, 03:36 AM
Paul,

Snow and I are in the process of building a Time Travel Library to archive every bit of info we can get on every time traveller we can find.

We're in no danger of being brought down, I think Satan archives this site regularly.

[snapback]9871[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

::.. Can PMs be archived and retrieved? ..::

sosuemetoo

Originally posted by Paul J. Lyon@Sep 19 2004, 10:50 PM

According to a mod from there that I spoke to, not since summer of 2003.

"Mom"

Judge Bean

Originally posted by sosuemetoo+Sep 20 2004, 03:58 PM--><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Paul J. Lyon@Sep 19 2004, 10:50 PM

According to a mod from there that I spoke to, not since summer of 2003.

"Mom"
[/b][/quote]

This is fascinating, given that the Titor "buzz" started up in the Fall of '03. It suggests that, if you wanted to squelch the Titor discussion, you would cut it off in that summer.

I do not think that it would be difficult to reconstruct some of the progress we made on the old site, and revive some of the conclusions we were more or less in agreement about. We could at least open up some of the same discussions.

I wonder if anyone else is suspicious of this shutdown of the Titor discussion on the old site, which basically went on from about January until June, 2004.

When I first joined, there was an unexplained delay in granting me access (from December 3 until the 23rd). The first post I made was in a dormant Titor thread, and it sat there dying on the vine for more than a month. There had been an upsurge in interest in the late Fall due to a mention of Titor made on a "blog," and it had led to the begrudging retrieval of the Titor stuff from the old Bell-site people. This was just about the same time that the Titor group from Florida put up a couple of sites and reprinted all of his posts.

The Anomalies site churned out Titor debunking for months (and still is, I think), and pretty much destroyed his credibility. But we had reached a tentative conclusion on our "tk" site that Titor may have dressed his story in "disinformation" anyway, and it proved nothing to debunk his cover story.

My point is that all of this development of the story is now apparently lost. Considering all of the baloney and junk that is preserved from the internet, I find it hard to believe that the Titor saga has been neglected this way.

A question still remains in many people's minds about whether the Titor story as he presented it is true or is a hoax. If you wade through the material on Anomalies, you will see that it has far too many sinkholes in it to be anything other than a very clever swamp. It can be compared to the Oak Island Money Pit, which floods whenever you dig deep enough to reach the treasure.

Really the most reasonable explanation of the whole thing is that it is an artful hoax done by someone who has extensive information about the future. In other words, "Titor" is a voice informed by access to secret technology. The "predictions" are too good and too close to the mark to be fake. Time travel is only one possible explanation, since you may be able to access the future by some other less difficult means.

Secret technology means the government, and not the poor farmer's government described in the Titor story. The big "tell" here is that the time machine is supposed to have been invented by GE after a civil war between the "haves and have-nots." GE would not be on the side of the have-nots.

In any event, it is our responsibility to figure out the government's purpose. A clue to it is that it is hidden; it is a lie covered in lies. Looks like business as usual.

CaryP

Paul,

Enjoyed your post as always. You make a lot of great points. There is one that I have a comment on.

Secret technology means the government, and not the poor farmer's government described in the Titor story. The big \"tell\" here is that the time machine is supposed to have been invented by GE after a civil war between the \"haves and have-nots.\" GE would not be on the side of the have-nots.

In any event, it is our responsibility to figure out the government's purpose. A clue to it is that it is hidden; it is a lie covered in lies. Looks like business as usual.

I agree that secret technology means govt. The civil war, to my recollection was one of govt. against those who would not yield to increasing loss of rights. The Titor story talked about the poor farmers as a way of life after the war, not before it. But if GE survived the war in tact, they'd play ball with whoever won. The lies upon lies is very accurate - yeah business as usual.

Cary

Judge Bean

Originally posted by CaryP@Sep 20 2004, 06:18 PM
Paul,

Enjoyed your post as always.? You make a lot of great points.? There is one that I have a comment on.

Secret technology means the government, and not the poor farmer's government described in the Titor story. The big \"tell\" here is that the time machine is supposed to have been invented by GE after a civil war between the \"haves and have-nots.\" GE would not be on the side of the have-nots.

I agree that secret technology means govt. The civil war, to my recollection was one of govt. against those who would not yield to increasing loss of rights. The Titor story talked about the poor farmers as a way of life after the war, not before it. But if GE survived the war in tact, they'd play ball with whoever won. The lies upon lies is very accurate - yeah business as usual.

Cary

The Titor civil war was between those who tied themselves to the system and remained in the cities, and those who'd resisted it and left town. It became a conflict between those who'd taken refuge in the rural areas and those who idenitified with or were dependent upon the old structure of wealth and power-- the "haves." The GE logo used to be stamped on the noses of the ICBMs-- they made the nuclear triggers.

In the increasing blurring of the lines between the corporations and the government, the next few years should show even fewer distinctions among the centers of power. In the twilight of the political system, an organization like GE is not a "business" anymore. Whatever it is, I don't think it is likely to be the future inventor of time travel on behalf of a new agrarian society dependent upon low-volt generators, bicycles, and the Constitution.

StarLord

So, if we are to believe what is *not* there by inference and the standard operating procedures of Red Herring, what is it that we are missing? What has not been said by the folks that created titor?

Judge Bean

Originally posted by StarLord@Sep 20 2004, 08:55 PM
So,? if we are to believe what is *not* there by inference and the standard operating procedures of Red Herring,? what is it that we are missing?? What has not been said by the folks that created titor?

The inference can also be by means of "positive inferential nonstatement" or reversal, e.g., "Flee the cities to avoid nuclear destruction" translates to "We want you to be out in the countryside where we can find you if we need to round you up" and "Don't hoard weapons, it will only attract attention to you" as "We don't want you to keep a lot of weapons in your personal possession."

Likewise, "You don't have to do anything right now; you'll know when it's time to act..." means, that's right, "We don't want you to actually do anything about all of this, just read it and wait."

There's more... play the game at home.