Flash Movie (With Michael Keaton as Batman)

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Movie looks fantastic, I'm excited. Didn't expect it to look that good.

They're bringing back Michael Keaton as Batman and the villain appears to be General Zod, from Man of Steel. Pretty cool!

8thsinner

Well except for the line of bullshit, theres only one timeline and we might destroy it brainwashing I would have to agree that looks okay. I might even watch it.

MODAT7

I'm not overly surprised they're doing a time travel movie. It's like they've run out of ideas and now reboot stories within the stories. The movie will probably be decent if the trailer is accurate. Kara Zor-El (Supergirl) finally gets introduced into the DC movie line. DC is still trailing Marvel by quite a bit. I'm surprised they haven't done more.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
They've had so many management issues within their DC brand, it's nuts. They do the exact opposite of what the fans want.

They had it all figured out with Zack Snyder back in 2013, he had a 4 or 5 movie plan following Man of Steel, then Batman v Superman and Justice League 1-2-3. A rich story that would grow even bigger than the Avengers. And way darker.

But the WB execs didn't trust his vision because it wasn't fast enough. They wanted their huge Avengers movie NOW. So they kicked him out. Then they scrapped his plans and released a bunch of shit no one wants to see, like Shazam and Black Adam. Don't even mention the 2017 Justice League by Joss Whedon. Ew...

Thank God they released Zack Snyder's Justice League in 2021 and it was amazing. Way too long, but amazing. They had a chance to set the record straight and continue from there, but they didn't.

Now more recently, with James Gunn, it's gonna be a reboot of everything again. Flash (and Aquaman 2 to a lesser extent) are remnants of the Snyder era that were too far into production to cancel. The studio's and Gunn don't plan to continue these stories.

And the GIANT irony here is... The Flash trailer looks vastly superior to all the other shit Gunn has planned for the DC universe in the coming years. Like... A lot. If it ends up being a massive success, which might very well happen, thanks in part to Michael Keaton putting back the mantle of Batman... James Gunn is gonna have a bad time!

Wow, that's a long post. I mean, a long rant. lol

MODAT7

They've had so many management issues within their DC brand, it's nuts.
I haven't been following their internals, so I haven't heard a lot of this... but I'm not surprised in the least about what you've said. It takes a bunch of idiot corporates to screw up a good story... AND THEN they bury it in a writers committee where it gets rewritten almost daily. The corporates should only care if the story is decent enough (epic fail with shazam), AND if it's going to pull in money. Money is all they really care about in the end.

DC animated movies have mostly produced crap over the past several years. Once again, they don't seem to get the messages about their failures.

Wind7

Staff
1676480309732.png

(couldn't resist!)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously though, I cannot wait for The Flash movie to drop!!!

It does look very promising and I admit to being somewhat blown away seeing Michael Keaton back in the Bat Suit!!!!

(y)(y)