Food you cooked

Harte

@Harte - You know, just because this thread is about posting one's own pictures of food one cooked, doesn't mean others can't comment on the pictures.
See, what it was was a joke.
He's saying he'll take my biscuits.
I'm telling him to get his own, I only made enough for me.
Okay, not funny, but by no means bossy.

Anyway, I'm not a big fan of poultry, but the other stuff you made looks really delicious! Aren't those pictures of tomato, mozzarella, and basil in one? And biscuits and sausage gravy in the other two? The former looks very Italian, and the combination of the latter two look like good old Southern country cooking. I'm guessing you're at least fairly diverse. :)
To tell you the truth, I hardly ever eat any meat at all anymore except fish and birds.
When I eat beef, it's pot roast, grilled ribeye or something with ground beef.
I can barely stomach pork anymore, but I learned how to make it too good on my grill - that's what happened.
Too much of a good thing.
Those tomatoes came from my garden, the rest is from the grocery. It's Italian, I'm not. I make southern-style food, but you have to figure out what to do with your tomatoes when they start coming in.
Yes, fresh mozzarella, and yes, by all means, comment AND post pics.
I mean for this to be a pic (or vid) thread.
I've taken pictures of apple pies I've made with my cellphone, although that phone is quite old-fashioned, and I don't yet know how to get them onto my PC.
I have to use a camera, I'm so bad with these newfangled gizmos.
Look forward to your pies. I'm a pie man myself, though I concentrate more toward the custard end of the spectrum (too lazy to make the top crust and I absolutely love pumpkin pie anyway.)

Harte

Last edited:

Harte

Surf and turf.

Easy pizza on corn tortillas.

Mexican...my favorite.
Those look fantastic dawg!
But the pics are so large. Doesn't this site have a "thumbnail" option (I can't remember.)
The pics I posted I had to wash out by saving as gifs, then downsize them to about 25% in order to load them at another forum.
I can't remember which file I used here. Looks like the gif ones though. Probably is since I don't know what size is allowed here.

I have in mind to post step-by-step pics and instructions when it comes to Thanksgiving, if the thread is still active.
If not, I'll probably start a new one.

Harte

TnWatchdog

Surf and turf.

Easy pizza on corn tortillas.

Mexican...my favorite.
Those look fantastic dawg!
But the pics are so large. Doesn't this site have a "thumbnail" option (I can't remember.)
The pics I posted I had to wash out by saving as gifs, then downsize them to about 25% in order to load them at another forum.
I can't remember which file I used here. Looks like the gif ones though. Probably is since I don't know what size is allowed here.

I have in mind to post step-by-step pics and instructions when it comes to Thanksgiving, if the thread is still active.
If not, I'll probably start a new one.

Harte
I can do small pics...but the big ones look so good.

Harte

No one else wants to join in, so I'll put some more of mine out there:
Christmas 2015.jpg
Pumpkin pies
Fritatta 3-24-16.jpg
Big ass fritatta

zombies 1.1.jpg
Individual meatloaf zombies for Halloween - before

zombies.JPG
And after.

Harte

TnWatchdog

Easy one here...brussel sprouts, mushrooms, onion, celantro, waterchestnuts, and salt/pepper covered with Asiago cheese sauce.

20160823_092620-1.jpg

Edit...FYI, the sauce is butter, flour, milk, sherry wine, and the Asiago cheese...otherwise it is easy and tasty.

Last edited: