Forum section for Alternative Medicine, Herbs and more?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
@titorite had the following idea:

Hey how about an alternative healing forum? it would be neat to see if some herboligists pop up?

I think that's a very good idea and it's definitely something that can be widely discussed about. I'll have to think about a new category name that could contain as much related sub-topics as possible.

Let us know what you think. Suggestions are welcome!

--Num7

titorite

Herbs, massage, Chiropractics , acupuncture, acupressure , Frequency, It all fits.

And as much as I don't like the list of the following, Violet ray tubes, quantum entanglement , Faith slapping, Crystal rock placement...

Everything mention above is alternative healing... some stuff as scientific backing... some stuff is debunkable. BUt the placebo effect is real...as real as massage and chriopractics ....

I do know a bit about herbs. It is part of what I do. BUt mostly I stick to Rife stuff and massage.

Khaos

where the wild things are
Wouldn't this subject go in the Mysticism & Occult forum?

titorite

Wouldn't this subject go in the Mysticism & Occult forum?
Not at all, their is nothing mystical or occultish about massage or frequency generators... now crystal rock therapy maybe mystical ...but it is also alternative healing .. and while I don't promote it I mention it because it would be part of the whole genera.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I agree that some of these things can fit in the Mysticism section, but Health and Alternative Medicine covers a lot more than what can be contained in the Mysticism section.

Crystals can be used for rituals and mystic stuff, but they can be used for healing as well. Depending what you're doing with the crystals, the discussion will belong to either one of these categories.

I think it would make a pretty good new forum section. It would also allow us cover a new topic we've never discussed about before, which is a good thing as well.

Last edited:
As much as I like the idea of discussing alternative healing with all of you (I'm a certified shiatsu massage therapist, after all), is there anything "paranormal" about it?

I mean yes, we talk about circulation of ki (ch'i) and meridians and things like that, but I've always thought of it as "natural", not paranormal.

Unless you consider Western medicine to be "normal", that is... ;)

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Khaos

where the wild things are
Unless you consider Western medicine to be "normal", that is... ;)

Well I'd say western medicine is better than slapping your hands together and praying for something to be treated. I'll go with medicine over "let the power of christ compel you" any day of the week.