Freedom of Speech

TnWatchdog

Post articles of people taking a stand for what they believe in.

Sheriff Jolley says he’s received numerous positive responses on social media for the sign.
Georgia sheriff posts ‘politically incorrect’ welcome sign

HARRIS COUNTY, GA —

A Georgia sheriff has a welcome message to visitors in his county: don’t break the law and don’t bring your politically correct attitude into his jurisdiction.

Harris County Sheriff Mike Jolley posted a photo of himself standing proudly next to a sign outside of the sheriff’s office in Hamilton, GA. The sign reads:

Welcome to Harris County, Georgia! WARNING: Harris County is politically incorrect. We say: Merry Christmas, God Bless America and In God We Trust; we salute our troops and our flag. If this offends you…LEAVE!

Jolley told Channel 2 Action News he’s received a lot of positive comments about the sign on social media.

“I’m humbled by the outpouring of support that I’ve gotten from it,” Jolley said.

He says he got the idea when his staff showed him a photo of a similar sign in another state. He says they know he is a veteran and a Christian, and thought he would agree with the signs message.

“I said, ‘That’s pretty awesome. We need to do that here,’” Jolley said.

So they did. Jolley paid his own money to have the sign made and put it up outside his office around 10 a.m. Tuesday. He posted a picture of himself with the sign that’s now gone viral.

“Over the years, I’ve witnessed the silent majority grow and as a true patriot and a Christian, I felt it was time for the silent majority to speak up. I truly believe what’s on the sign,” Jolley told WTVM.

Jolley says he knows that not everyone will agree with or like what he posted, and he’s OK with that.

“I spent 20 years in the United States Army in defense of those people who want to say they don’t support the sign and I fought for that right to have the ability to say they don’t support it,” Jolley said.

Jolley says he plans to post more signs around the county. He says he’s been approached by several property owners who would like to post one in their yards.

TnWatchdog

While traveling in a sales position, I use to listen to his radio show. I remember him saying, regarding the terrorists, that he would turn their desert into glass.

edc620ebc207f75c93fb20887897995d.jpg