French Forum on Time Travel

HDRKID

There use to be a French Forum on time travel, and I believe that Paranormalis Quebec was the name. I cannot find it any more. Well, here is my post in both French and English for all of us.

Voyage à travers le temps
Le voyage dans le temps m’intéresse depuis longtemps. Ce ne sont pas que des films de voyage dans le temps qui ne vous permettent pas de sentir la merveille d'être dans une autre époque. Eh ben oui, c'est comme si on allait visiter un salon de vieux véhicules plein de camions nacelles rouillés et de voitures anciennes. C’est comme si tu entres dans un monde tellement différent que le tien. En réalité, lorsqu’on fait le démarrage d'un ancien modèle T Ford - une dame d'un certain âge - on peut savoir combien nous sommes chanceux. Le fait est qu’à l’époque on n'avait pas beaucoup de commodités modernes. Chose que vous pouvez sentir en utilisant une vieille voiture ... alors vous ouvrez les fenêtres, mais il fait encore chaud comme des flambeaux, car vous ne pouvez pas activer le climatiseur.

Travel across time
Time travel has long been a favorite interest of mine. It is not just time travel movies. They do not capture the wonder of being in another era. Well, it is like going to a vintage vehicle show full of rust bucket trucks and old cars. Like you step into a world that is so unlike our own. Hand cranking an old Model T Ford - a lady of a certain age - lets you realize just how lucky we are. In fact, the world of the past did not have a lot of modern conveniences. Picture being in an old car... then you roll the windows down, but it is hot as the blazes because you can't turn the air on.

10596046924500_tmp_org.jpg

TimeFlipper

I slightly disagree with the French persons take on Time Travel Movies :D
For example, what guy in his right mind would NOT have dreamed about going back in time, when that beautiful woman Jane Seymour was waiting for you?

There are other similar love stories set in a Time Travel background but that movie, "Somewhere In Time" with Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour tops the bill :).

This is the scene in the movie where he first sets sight on her in a picture on a wall, and immediately falls in love with her..

Just listening to that beautiful music being played in the movie always brings tears to my eyes :cry: :).
The producers of the movie purposely kept Christopher Reeve away from that picture, and it was his very first time of seeing it when that scene was made..

Last edited:

TimeFlipper

I can see that Prof Opmmur and Dawg fell in love with that movie (y) :D..

However, i must put the final scene up now, before we get told off by admin that we are posting off topic :whistle: :D

I apologise if i appear to be a "kill joy" by showing the final scene, but for those of you who would prefer not to see it, dont watch it :LOL:..

Damn it, i started crying again :cry: :LOL: