George W. Bush beat Al Gore handily in the 2000 presidential election

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
A lot of you may recall the too-close-to-call 2000 presidential election, in which Al Gore won the popular vote, but lost the electoral vote to George W. Bush. Well, after I change history, the 2000 election won't be such a big deal at all, either during the time or historically.

In my rough model, Bush beat Gore handily in both the popular and electoral vote. This shall be fueled by the fiasco over the Clinton scandals and the controversy over Gore's stance on global warming, among a few other things I can't name right now.

As of now, I don't currently have a model for how the Electoral College will look state-by-state in the election, but I do have estimates for the popular vote. I have Bush at 52.7%, Gore at 46.0%, and third parties at 1.3%. So, we should assume the electoral vote is strongly in favor of Bush as well.

This election, as good as it sounds, won't be as good for Bush as reelection time in 2004, where Bush beats John Kerry by a landslide. This is fueled by grassroots patriotism following the 9/11 attacks, and that includes a Grassroots Patriotic-American Movement beginning shortly after 9/11, instead of beginning shortly after Obama takes office, as is the current historical case.

I know Dubya was not one of our best presidents, but IMO he was certainly not near as bad as Obama, Carter, LBJ, or Nixon. Thoughts?

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@Einstein - Very good question!

In my historical change, when Ronald Reagan is first elected President in 1980, the congressional elections of that year will give the Republican Party strong majorities in both the Senate and the House of Representatives. So Reagan will be able to work with both houses of Congress and get a lot of work done, and that includes making sure federal elections of all sorts are made as clean as possible. (Reagan leaves the processes of state and local elections to their respective jurisdictions.)

Does this help answer your question, at least?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Nope. The players behind the scenes pulling the strings have never revealed themselves. How would you discover who they are?

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@Einstein - Starting after Reagan takes office, I'd imagine there'd be federal investigations of the electoral system, and those that are "behind the scenes pulling the strings" will be hunted down, arrested, and treated like the criminals they are.

Does this help?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I think you'll have to go back further in time than that to fix the problem. Those pulling the strings will merely set up scape goats to take the fall. Thus saving their anonymity. And then continue their business as usual.

My solution would be to eliminate greed and power altogether.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@Einstein - Very good thinking, I can dig it!

Do you have any idea how far back in the history of the United States you think I'll need to go? I'm just a tiny bit worried that the further back in time I go, the more the world could end up on its ear (in terms of fixing the problem, that is). In that case, I may need to do a lot of restructuring. What do you think?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Come up with an alternate plan that everyone would like, to eliminate greed and power. Obviously capitalism would have to be eliminated completely. There is no possibility of any government. Power is to be outlawed with extreme prejudice.

TimeFlipper

A lot of you may recall the too-close-to-call 2000 presidential election, in which Al Gore won the popular vote, but lost the electoral vote to George W. Bush. Well, after I change history, the 2000 election won't be such a big deal at all, either during the time or historically.

In my rough model, Bush beat Gore handily in both the popular and electoral vote. This shall be fueled by the fiasco over the Clinton scandals and the controversy over Gore's stance on global warming, among a few other things I can't name right now.

As of now, I don't currently have a model for how the Electoral College will look state-by-state in the election, but I do have estimates for the popular vote. I have Bush at 52.7%, Gore at 46.0%, and third parties at 1.3%. So, we should assume the electoral vote is strongly in favor of Bush as well.

This election, as good as it sounds, won't be as good for Bush as reelection time in 2004, where Bush beats John Kerry by a landslide. This is fueled by grassroots patriotism following the 9/11 attacks, and that includes a Grassroots Patriotic-American Movement beginning shortly after 9/11, instead of beginning shortly after Obama takes office, as is the current historical case.

I know Dubya was not one of our best presidents, but IMO he was certainly not near as bad as Obama, Carter, LBJ, or Nixon. Thoughts?
Hey lets move forward to now Classical..I think all of us on Paranormalis need to concentrate psychically on Trump being the 45th President..I firmly believe he will be, even after making that naive statement where he said civil riots will occur if he doesnt win..although you have to read "everything" that he said ..:)