Giant magnet to distort the Earth's field?

Justinian

I know this might seem an article for the science section, but if you really get to thinking.. what are they really making this for? Read through this article from earlier this year about this giant magnet. I'm not sure what 1 Tesla equals, but just look at the size of the generator needed to power this thing. It requires a 1200 MJoule generator just for this magnet! Why would you want a magnet that size? And it does say that 100 Teslas is what this thing puts out and that is equal to 2MILLION TIMES the magnet field of the Earth. WTF?!?!?!?!

Magnetic field researchers target Hundred-Tesla goal

Weeeeee_Zard

This is not new technology. :)

I mean... There is no new technology.. Lol...

We used it to build certain structures that have lasted a very long time... Known as megalithic structures.
This was used on earth long Lon time ago, I'm happy but worried to see we rediscovered this. I hope we are mature enough to use it wisely. As we should have been with nuclear fusion.

It was wisely forgotten.

3yvamu4y.jpg

Justinian

So then if you know that we had this tech before, what did we do with it? Because I can't see any reasonable explanation as to why you would want a magnet this powerful.

Weeeeee_Zard

What todo whit it? I hope only research, responsible research. That instrument has a lot of potential.

It's like a giant speaker too.

Sound/vibration/frequencies/magnetic fields changes the "normal" proprieties of matter as we know them in earth. Specially when extreme temperatures are involved.

We will rediscover or maybe already rediscovered how to levitate objects using a magnetic field/sound/vibration/frequency with quantum physics research.

I'm not a scientist, I'm sure you can deepen your knowledge about quantum physics and mechanics thru a more specialized research.

Weeeeee_Zard

Ok, looked up on google as quantum levitation, this is what I found:

This is the lil tip of the iceberg we know right know, with enough time, old things will make more sense...