GOD:True or false

Superman

You question the existing of God? Okay. First of all the Bible is the very proof that there is a God. A book that had lived trough ages and still have the same meaning and story. For people who question God it's because of your RELIGION and BELIEFS. God is testing us. One question, would you believe what you can't see? Of course not, that's why we have Faith. I believe there is a God, there are Angels and Demons, there is Heaven and Hell. The only people that doesn't believe in the afterlife or aliens or any paranormal in our world are naive and can't accept the fact that someone or something could probably watching us and the is more powerful than us. Than can destroy us in one move.

Oh, I think "HE" exists, maybe not as such presented in the KJB but I think "HE" is around. Ccould we use "HIM" less or use "HIM" more are 2 questions I'd like to put to "HIM".

Spiral

I do not believe in God, although I did from a young age. But sudden realisation of the ignorance of Science and complete dismissal of facts led me to see how ridiculous the idea was. To me, the belief in God is simply something that people turn to when they are having a bad time in life. It gives them support, hope and someone to turn to when times are hard. I respect that, and I can see why people do it. But personally I couldn't fall into that trap. No matter how bad things get I'd hope that common sense prevailed.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
whether you believe in GOD or not will soon be put to the test. as the events unfold befor you, your eyes open wider in fear. you have never seen anything like it. that guy was dead and now he's up walking around talking. yeh all the things CHRIST did are soon to be common place. so much so it will fool even all them church folks . there is a man soon to appear who will do these things at will. yes very soon, his comming has been spoken of by many. he will appear to do only good things, he will feel your pain. you will like him, he is a wolf in sheeps clothing. GOD is real make no mistake about this.

stinamarie1225

GOD:True or false

WARNING:?--created-->?---created->?--created--->?-created-->god

From the above?we can\'t see that if god really exist,than there must be something that created god,and another something or someone who created that somthing who created god and so on,so it will be endless and infinite.

Alrite,i guess from the above reasons are good enough to convice u that \\"god\\" doesn\'t exist.And then,some would ask,if god does not exist,then who created us?wat i think is maybe like charles darwin\'s evolution revolution or maybe perhaps some advance E-T have created us,and are observing their \\"experiment\\" from UFOss.
</span></span></span>

I'm not trying to be difficult, but I don't understand this: "
WARNING:?--created-->?---created->?--created--->?-created-->god

From the above?we can\'t see that if god really exist,than there must be something that created god,and another something or someone who created that somthing who created god and so on,so it will be endless and infinite."

I may be seeing it wrong in my browser, so can you maybe repost or explain? Thanks in advance, and sorry if it has already been addressed. My computer is weird, I should say in advance!

For the record, there is a God. The one true God. I am a Christian, and I do believe in him, and His Son, Jesus Christ. There are many reasons why. One main one I can give is, Many things have happened in my life because of God's grace, and I thank Him every day.

Faith is a wonderful thing. I do not have to see to believe.

:)

kcwildman

Beastmaster
who was it that said I think therefor I am.....oh yeh the frenchman Rene Descartes.:eek: didn't think I knew did ya:p
not quite as dumb as I look huh?????answer no one could be ....
which by the way is the name of GOD.......... I AM THAT I AM. when Moses ask who shall I say sent me??
the answer was tell them I AM sent you...... anyway my point is, at the instant when GOD became self aware you could say that was the moment of HIS creation,origin,manafestation, what ever you want to call it. it was a thought or energy and since everything all matter is made of energy is it so hard to think that GOD did create everything from nothing but a thought pure energy, and by the action of a spoken word a big bang scattered matter across the known vers. we now live in.
there I said it, now you have seen a glimps of the mind of a savage and it aint pretty huh:confused:
oh yeh GOD true very true

Harte

Re: GOD:True or false

I myself don belive in god.cos i have found too many fault in those god.Allow me to list some of them...

3) For the third reason,i read this up from a book.Its says,if god is so caring and almighty,why do disaster strike?killing thousands of innocent people like the recent tsunami and SARS.Can\'t god jus stop the disaster since hes almighty?or could it be that human beings are way too many for the earth to support,so god jus wanna kill some of these people to balance the human population?

4)If God exist,why don he leave physical evidence of his existance or maybe perhaps come down from his sleepy heavens and say a \\"hello\\" to us?:lol:...

</span></span>

A&O,
I may be able to address these two issues for you. I discussed them in a paper entitled "Is it Reasonable to Believe in God?" I wrote for a philosophy class in college.

The first thing to ask is, if we were created, then why were we created? The only reason that comes to mind is that God wants love. It has to be pretty lonely being the only thing in existence. Then let us take this as an axiom: God created us because he wanted us to love him.

If God wants love, he wants real love, not some pretend love that we think might get us into some heaven or love that we show out of fear of the consequences of not loving. That means Man must have free will. If not, those that love God would not be doing so of their own free will. Therefore the love would not be true. Because of this, God cannot allow any incontovertible proof of His existence, since that would influence the love and interfere with Man's freedom to arrive at his own decision to love God. Hence, faith is the only principle that God can use to cause Man to love Him. If God overtly interfered in any disasters or suffering, that would result in evidence of his existence and ruin free will for Man, thereby ruining true love for God. God may covertly interfere in many sufferings, how do we know He hasn't? Is it possible that the last tsunami could have killed ten million but God intervened? Could it be that SARS could have been far more contagious and deadly but for some covert meddling by Him?

Also, there is no way of knowing what the result would be from God interfering with earthquakes, for example. I mean, if God decided we would have no more quakes, what would happen to the potential energy stored in the tectonic plates? God cannot just go around violating the rules of physics he put in place. He put those rules there for a reason, and they resulted in a universe capable of supporting life. Let's not forget, volcanic eruptions and vast floods have resulted in some of the most fertile soil on the planet. How many would haved starved by now if not for this?

It should be noted that if we are going to postulate an afterlife here, then our time on this earth should be considered as far far smaller than a grain of sand on the beach. If innocents are taken from us before what we percieve as "their time", it would be good to remember that this is but a tiny portion of their actual time of existence and therefore not of any particular concern in the grand scheme of things. Why should God bring down what he has created (man's free will) in order to extend an innocent's existence on this plane by a fraction so tiny that it approaches zero?

This philosophical position results in the extreme irony that the All-Powerful is actually powerless, at least in his relation with living humans.
A highly philosophical, yet oddly concrete, poster comes up with why God doesn't interfere in our puny lives.

Harte