God vs Science

HDRKID

Comet ISON is a good example of why I believe in God and not in science. What does science say. Basically that comets are rocks and water ice debris left over from when the solar system formed 4.6 billion years ago. Like wow, that makes no sense. The rocks would remain. However, our sun would have cause any ice to evaporate away. Problems occur in extreme age. For example, there should be no ice by now as in zero. Creationists maintain that our earth is very young. That explains ice in space. Most, scientists giggle and call creationists morons. In fact, there should be no ice. They have no explanation for this phenomenon and simply ridicule ideas different than their own.

Comets—portents of doom or indicators of youth?

Khaos

where the wild things are
Comet ISON is a good example of why I believe in God and not in science. What does science say. Basically that comets are rocks and water ice debris left over from when the solar system formed 4.6 billion years ago. Like wow, that makes no sense. The rocks would remain. However, our sun would have cause any ice to evaporate away. Problems occur in extreme age. For example, there should be no ice by now as in zero. Creationists maintain that our earth is very young. That explains ice in space. Most, scientists giggle and call creationists morons. In fact, there should be no ice. They have no explanation for this phenomenon and simply ridicule ideas different than their own.

Comets—portents of doom or indicators of youth?

It makes plenty of sense. But I don't see how it makes any sense for the earth to go from having two people to 7 billion in only 2,000 years. And I don't believe two people just popped out of thin air. There is science behind human creation. Your mother and father, had sex, the sperm and the egg. That is science. Haven't you ever thought maybe God used science to create human life? He put together the necessary building blocks? What do you think we are made of?

I'll tell you:

Well we are mostly composed of water. How do we get water? Science! Hydrogen and Oxygen combine to create.... WATER!!!

Composition of the human body - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All of those elements, it takes science to create them. They just don't happen, they don't pop out of thin air.

In regards to your comments regarding astronomy, either you are trolling or you skipped school. Any science textbook in school would tell you that the gaseous tail on a comet is exactly that, water-ice that is evaporating from the heat produced by the sun. Yet you say that doesn't make sense... actually that does make sense. :/

Furthermore, comets are big. Big big. Some can be as big as a school bus, some can be as big as Rhode Island. All that water ice and you think its going to melt right away? Comets have their own orbits too and those orbits take them out of the solar system, away from other stars. You really think our sun's heat can reach that far? If it did, then why is Pluto a ball of ice? Why is the temp on Mars 100 below zero? We have rovers on there right now (Science was used to build and place them there)

Plus space is a vacuum, there is no oxygen in space. Its very cold in space. Given the right amount of elements, its very possible for water-ice to exist. Its not like the sun heats up the entire solar system. It doesn't.

Creationists maintain Earth is very young, that explains ice in space
There should be no ice in space.

Contradiction!

Earth is indeed quite young. Around 4.5 billion years old. They have found planets far older. I think the oldest is as old as the universe, which is situated at 10 billion years.

What I entirely enjoyed about your post though, was this:

"I don't believe in science!!!"

Did you know, that science was used to create your house? Did you know that science was used to create your device that you use to access the internet? Did you know that science was used and is still used to cook? Did you know that that medication you take, to help you get over an illness of some kind, was made through science?

And you claim you don't believe in science. I do! Because science is EVERYWHERE.

This is why creationists and religious people get laughed at and mocked. Because you try to apply your faith to answer things in life. And that does not work. It works for some things, but for most things it does not.

Your post is laughable. It contains contradictions, and just pure silliness. If you thought about the lifecycle of a human being, how many children the average female can bring into this world, think about the 9 month cycle as well (though it can reach ten/eleven too)

You really think we went from two people to seven billion in under 2,000 years? I beg to differ on that.

You really cannot throw science out the window and claim that God created everything. Last I checked, I created that flower pot over there *points* for my flowers. I've seen human beings build homes, create living spaces for other humans to live in.

And your telling me that God created that... huh. Well I guess we are all God then.

Last edited:

C_jami

No one can take your believe. You can take everything from a person. All the money , the family , belongings .. Everything but NO ONE in this world can go in to your mind and take away your believe. I never been a church person I don't believe in pastors , priests and all that but I do believe in God and I have so many reasons to do this. My biggest reason starts where I've been born and that I am here now fighting every day in a crazy world where the most of the people are trying to change our believe with people who for freedom to sin they try to make other believe that there is no God. Is like trying to take the hope of a person who is very ill and is close to die and he is still hopping for another day. This is God Hope !! I never herd nothing bad about God but I do here a lot of bad things about people. People can't Change nothing. Keep believing !!

C_jami

And yes I guess God make cleaver people in this world to create science ... That was for us to understand our way to learn to upgrade and make our life easier to learn how to create medicine to live longer but see the human mind didn't learn only how to make good with science and they create atomic bombs and many crazy things like drugs and all the bullshit what is a danger for all of us.. He give is enough for the body and we do shit for the soul ! Anyway may God bless you all ;)

Khaos

And yes I guess God make cleaver people in this world to create science ... That was for us to understand our way to learn to upgrade and make our life easier to learn how to create medicine to live longer but see the human mind didn't learn only how to make good with science and they create atomic bombs and many crazy things like drugs and all the bullshit what is a danger for all of us.. He give is enough for the body and we do shit for the soul ! Anyway may God bless you all ;)

You can't have one without the other. Where there is good, there is evil. Where there is warmth, there is cold. Where there is light, there is dark. Science while its done a lot of positive things for us, yes people have used science to push the envelope and create tragedies and disasters.

Science exists, whether you choose to believe in it or not. My post up there is in no way trying to make someone not believe in God. You can very well believe in the same God you have always believed in, but you can also adapt your beliefs. People have done it.

Take my parents, they were once totally against my homosexuality, they would bible thump, tell me I'm a sinner and going to hell for sodomy. And now? I went over to my parents house yesterday and my dad asked how my boyfriend is doing.

People can adapt their beliefs, its possible. People of different religions always say, that God exists if you open your eyes. Well could the same be said about science?

And for those who think I'm a big bad Atheist and am trying to make everyone else Atheist, I was atheist until the year 2008, when I had something extraordinary happen to me that made me change my beliefs and actually, I've had things happen since then that have strengthened my belief in a higher power. I wont say its the same god as Judaism or Christianity, but its a God and I do believe this God exists.

Speaking of adapting beliefs. Though this is more adopting and then adapting. Christianity was founded through Judaism. The original Christianity was composed of the followers of Christ's teachings who broke off of Judaism and created Christianity. Over time they adopted and adapted.

Its how the human race has survived for as long as we have. We have adapted to the environment.

Last edited by a moderator:

C_jami

You can't have one without the other. Where there is good, there is evil. Where there is warmth, there is cold. Where there is light, there is dark. Science while its done a lot of positive things for us, yes people have used science to push the envelope and create tragedies and disasters.

Science exists, whether you choose to believe in it or not. My post up there is in no way trying to make someone not believe in God. You can very well believe in the same God you have always believed in, but you can also adapt your beliefs. People have done it.

Take my parents, they were once totally against my homosexuality, they would bible thump, tell me I'm a sinner and going to hell for sodomy. And now? I went over to my parents house yesterday and my dad asked how my boyfriend is doing, and my mom said that she would bake our wedding cake if we ever decide to get married.

People can adapt their beliefs, its possible. People of different religions always say, that God exists if you open your eyes. Well could the same be said about science?

And for those who think I'm a big bad Atheist and am trying to make everyone else Atheist, I was atheist until the year 2008, when I had something extraordinary happen to me that made me change my beliefs and actually, I've had things happen since then that have strengthened my belief in a higher power. I wont say its the same god as Judaism or Christianity, but its a God and I do believe this God exists.

Speaking of adapting beliefs. Though this is more adopting and then adapting. Christianity was founded through Judaism. The original Christianity was composed of the followers of Christ's teachings who broke off of Judaism and created Christianity. Over time they adopted and adapted.

Its how the human race has survived for as long as we have. We have adapted to the environment.
Hey. To believe in God is not a must Is a choice. As if I want to judge you for your homosexuality and I don't . I don't see everything as a sin and if we sin little sins is just because we are humans. Why you don't kill your mam bit up your dad make a women pregnant and force her to go read of the baby why you don't sell drugs to kids to fuck up they're life forever and many more. What will be the world this day without science a mess because of how we upgraded but what will be the world without fear of God a bigger mess because there people will start doing really bad things and they will fear nothing. I believe science is judging you more for your homosexuality then God will do. The science will say you can't make kids and that's wrong in it ? But God won't judge that he would judge you for harming the world if you do and you don't. I am a born a Orthodox and in one of the church in my city is a old priest who is practicing exorcism. I've seen many people there been exorcized but I never believe they was eval I was thinking they are ill and they need a doctor until I've seen a kid a very little one what can't even say mam and dad so little when this priest start praying this kid was doing like a monster and talking In many languages. How science can explain this. And if there is demons how can I say there Is no God. My mam was forced by communism and her communist mam to go read of me while two kids was to many already she run away hide and here I am then after two year of my life there was no communism and my mam could live with me without stress and fear that they will kill me. I won't tell my life here but there is many things going on in my life since I've been born so if there was no God how the fuck I was writing on this website today :))) don't get me wrong I don't want to make anyone believe anything ... But there is God and science and Demons and all this but there is choice to. And yes again I believe in God but I do have lots of contradictions with bible and church and that's why I fallow my way of believing. That's why I don't see you as doing a sin ;).

HDRKID

To Khaos:

Native peoples lived at one with nature and with no science. They were happy and now we see the "benefits" of Western science. It creates pollution and crime. Sadly, we have over crowded prisons. Also, our rivers are sewage. Worst is a dying ocean. For all these we blame science. Most religions tell us that we are to live at one with nature and no destroy it because nature is sacred to us.

There are people who worship science. Most forget that this world is an illusion or maya. My hope is that after science self destructs in a coming nuclear war, we can rebuild a world based on peace. North Korea is the opposite of what I want - a society that is pro science. They do not have food for people, but they do have money for rocket science. What little resources they have are spent creating ICBMs to destroy others, and nuclear weapons.

Here is a man who explains his views. This is romeo rose. He claims not to be a racist, but spews racism. Reminds me of atheists who claim to be open minded, but claim that any one who feels different than they do is crazy.

C_jami

To Khaos:

Native peoples lived at one with nature and with no science. They were happy and now we see the "benefits" of Western science. It creates pollution and crime. Sadly, we have over crowded prisons. Also, our rivers are sewage. Worst is a dying ocean. For all these we blame science. Most religions tell us that we are to live at one with nature and no destroy it because nature is sacred to us.

There are people who worship science. Most forget that this world is an illusion or maya. My hope is that after science self destructs in a coming nuclear war, we can rebuild a world based on peace. North Korea is the opposite of what I want - a society that is pro science. They do not have food for people, but they do have money for rocket science. What little resources they have are spent creating ICBMs to destroy others, and nuclear weapons.

Here is a man who explains his views. This is romeo rose. He claims not to be a racist, but spews racism. Reminds me of atheists who claim to be open minded, but claim that any one who feels different than they do is crazy.
I was talking to my mam and she told me the same thing. That if there was no science we could live better in nature more healthy and less crime specially that people back in days survive without much science :) I agree with you !

Khaos

To Khaos:

Problem with that view is, you focus on all the negative things that science has done for our planet. You don't go upon the positive. There are plenty of positive things that science has done for us. Science has helped us achieve being able to sit here and have a conversation. I live in Michigan, you live, perhaps in another state, maybe another country. That is a positive aspect.

I don't disagree that science has led to bad things. It has, but that is life. There is good and bad. There were bad things thousands of years ago, when people lived in caves. I wouldn't go as far as to say they were healthier back then, the mortality rate was much higher than it is now. Life span and expectancy were much lower back then. You were lucky if you reached the age of 70 in the 1800s.

And that is what science has done for us. It has allowed us to provide medical breakthroughs, cure diseases and illnesses and help improve the quality of life for people.

You talk about a romeo rose, well I don't see you having an open mind... You're completely against science, denying the good things it has done, go upon all the bad things and claim this is why science shouldn't exist.

Yet, you use the very things that science has made possible.

Reminds me of atheists who claim to be open minded, but claim that any one who feels different than they do is crazy.

Reminds me of people of different religions, who claim to be open minded, peaceful and honest, but yet will lie, steal and kill their way to get what they want in life. On top of that, those same ones tell others how to live their lives and try to dictate who can love who, and other nonsense like that.

Last edited: