going back in time

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I agree to an extent with Opmmur and Paula, one should generally learn from his/her past and not repeat the same wrongs and mistakes in the future. But for me, the thought that one should always be stuck in the present and look to the future is just not fun.

Yes, I do want to change the past, but that's not all I want to do. I also want to relive childhood and some of the good times, in my case being the 80s and 90s. For instance, television shows (including cartoons) and video games were a lot better then than they are today.

But back to changing history, it all depends on what you want to change. @Louisa92 - What thing(s) in the past do you want to change?

How do you plan on going back in time, Classical? And do you believe in multiple worldlines?
  1. I'm not really sure whether I'll be using alien-made devices or the power of my mind, but I strongly suspect I'll be using a combination of both. Like The Secret or Law of Attraction tells us, you don't know how you're going to accomplish your goals. You may have a rough idea, but you don't know exactly how until you come to it. It's best to keep an open mind.
  2. Yes, I do believe in the possibility of multiple worldlines. The universe is basically full of endless possibilities.

There is the possibility that you wouldn't be changing the history of THIS timeline. And you also don't know if you can return or not. Do you plan on meeting yourself as well?

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@PaulaJedi - If I'm not able to change the history of this timeline, I'm OK with that. And if I can't return to the original timeline, I'm OK with that as well. And no, I don't plan on meeting myself.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@PaulaJedi - The only time I can think of right now that I would come near myself is when I am conceived in the new timeline. But I will make sure I am neither seen nor touched. In other words, I will be invisible, and if I were to walk into someone else, he/she would not feel a thing (for instance, if the other person were walking, he/she would not notice that I "bumped" into him/her; it would feel like nothing but air).

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
@PaulaJedi - The only time I can think of right now that I would come near myself is when I am conceived in the new timeline. But I will make sure I am neither seen nor touched. In other words, I will be invisible, and if I were to walk into someone else, he/she would not feel a thing (for instance, if the other person were walking, he/she would not notice that I "bumped" into him/her; it would feel like nothing but air).

How do you plan on doing all of this?

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@PaulaJedi - As I said before, I don't yet know how I'm going to do all that. It seems to me you're repeating the same questions over and over. :rolleyes:

If you want to continue this conversation, can we please continue it privately? We're going way off-topic here.

Angelface239

There is the possibility that you wouldn't be changing the history of THIS timeline. And you also don't know if you can return or not. Do you plan on meeting yourself as well?
My future self after returning back from those years of my past that is currently negativity affecting my present timeline I am not sure.