Hawkings now says blacks holes are portals to alternate worlds.

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
Hawkings is too wish washy for me. A couple of years ago he wouldn't have entertained any ideas that were 'so called' outside the laws of Physics or any relationship to the Paranormal.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Just to clarify, it's Hawking, not Hawkings. :)

I have no problems with someone changing their point of view. As we learn, we change. I would be more afraid of a scientist who still held all of the same beliefs of 50 years ago with no new information.

Besides, he was clearly speculating. Note, he said "might". "The hole would need to be large and if it was rotating it might have a passage to another universe."

titorite

I have no problems with someone changing their point of view. As we learn, we change. I would be more afraid of a scientist who still held all of the same beliefs of 50 years ago with no new information.

Besides, he was clearly speculating. Note, he said "might". "The hole would need to be large and if it was rotating it might have a passage to another universe."
Titor described this already saying the singulRITIES Powering his device were made from rotating black holes.

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith

It just grates me when part of the establishment that has been a part of the problem of us finding out the truth and turning people away from open mindedness through ridicule, suddenly starts to change his thinking! Oh, so we might have a point after all Stephen HAWKING!

Harte

Titor described this already saying the singulRITIES Powering his device were made from rotating black holes.
Both Titor and Hawking are referring to an Einstein-Rosen Bridge, a geometric property of rotating black holes first proposed in 1935.

It's about as mainstream as you can get in physics and has been for 80 years. In fact, it's even used to describe Asgard's Rainbow Bridge in the movie "Thor."
In other words, it's certainly not a "change of thinking."

What, did you think Titor came up with something new?

He used the Kerr solution (1963) to the problem, bastardizing it to something it's not along the way. That's what Hawking is referring to.

Harte

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

Both Titor and Hawking are referring to an Einstein-Rosen Bridge, a geometric property of rotating black holes first proposed in 1935.

It's about as mainstream as you can get in physics and has been for 80 years. In fact, it's even used to describe Asgard's Rainbow Bridge in the movie "Thor."
In other words, it's certainly not a "change of thinking."

What, did you think Titor came up with something new?

He used the Kerr solution (1963) to the problem, bastardizing it to something it's not along the way. That's what Hawking is referring to.

Harte

Good to know. :) :) Thanks for the correction. He's a respectable scientist.

label

I personally think CERN is about to burn out a few expensive magnets and all they are going to find is that they designed the biggest white elephant the world has ever seen. I am not saying dark matter don't exist i am just saying if it does exist there must be a better way to get it. You have scientist dancing in-front of it, big statues of destruction gods as its mascot and way to much money backing it. Sound like a bad joke more and more. Best case scenario they recreate the big bang worst case is they cannot contain it and the world becomes one big firecracker and a crap load of extraterrestrials doing the universal face-balm.Will we get a black hole ? Maybe but basically that will be like looking inside a vacuum cleaner that is turned to max and earth loses its atmosphere... oops...

The mentality of CERN is "we got this big thing lets turn it on and sees what happens" it is the biggest gamble the world has ever seen and yet it gets down played...

Regardless we will know soon enough....