Hello

enervator

My first post here, although I found this site about a week ago and signed up for an account then. I've always been fascinated by time travel. I love books, movies, and shows in the genre, and have written my own book (fiction) about it. I don't know if it can ever happen or not. I've seen where some people here have said they've actually done it and am certainly curious about what kind of experience that was. It just seems like traveling to the past would inevitably have so many messy consequences that there's almost no way one wouldn't regret doing it. That being said....

Like so many others, no doubt, I recently made a big mistake in my life, one it seems that I will never be able to correct, and I would love the chance to go back and fix it. Again, no idea if such a thing could ever actually be done. I wondered if sending my consciousness back in time and forcing myself to make a different decision was possible, kind of like Quantum Leaping into my own body. It was about two months ago and I kept thinking that if I were to change the past at this point it couldn't possibly do that much damage since it's relatively recent (I know, famous last words and all that), and the longer it takes to change it the more of an effect that change will have. I found this site and a handful of threads that talked about this sort of thing.

I can see how dangerously alluring the thought of time travel is, because while I initially thought that all I wanted to do was go back a couple of months and change one thing, that quickly led to me thinking about going back a little further and then a little further yet, to undo the things that led up to that mistake as well.

Anyway, I've been looking around for a while now and thought I should finally introduce myself and eventually get involved in some of the conversation.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Welcome to the forum!

A lot of us joined Paranormalis for the time travel discussion. There are so many theories and things to say about time travel.

While I don't necessarily encourage you to consider time travel the solution to fix your problems, you'll find a ton of interesting discussions about it here.

Talk to you soon!

P.S. Sorry if it took some time for your account to be approved, I haven't been here as much as usual. Thank you for your patience!!

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
Welcome to Paranormalis, and enjoy discussing time travel and the like!