HELP! I need Help! Youtube Search is giving me some strange CODE! Print Screen here, pls L@@K

Samstwitch

HELP! I need Help! Youtube Search is giving me some strange CODE! Print Screen here, pls LOOK!

Professor Opmmur posted a Video on another thread in a Comment. The Video is called, "Obama's College Classmate Speaks Out - The Scandal at Columbia That Ends The Obama Presidency".

I clicked on the link to Youtube, and a box popped up asking me if I wanted to Save or Find something. I clicked on Cancel. Then I went directly to Youtube. The main page comes up, but when I enter anything in the Search box, I get the Print Screen below. It looks to me like it's coming up in Japanese or Chinese Code. I'm not sure. I can't find a language selection or anything to try and fix it. This is just a guess, I have no idea why this happened or what it is.

Did someone booby trap anyone trying to see that Video? Or is this just a coincidence?

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP! :(

P.S. Professor Opmmur posted a direct link to the video, and still, this is all that shows up for me! :confused:

Youtube Code, 50.jpg

Samstwitch

I spoke too soon! I went to Youtube and pulled up the video that the Professor Posted, and when it came up, suddenly the code appeared. I think it's Booby-trapped to keep people from seeing it. I could be wrong, but why is this happening when I try to view it?

Samstwitch

Is there someone willing to do a TEST for me, even if it screws up Youtube for you? I want to know if someone has sabotaged the video, and made it so when a person tries to view that video, the code pops up. If you're willing to do a TEST, do the following...

Go to Youtube and enter these words in the Search Engine and see what comes up: "Obama's College Classmate Speaks Out - The Scandal at Columbia That Ends The Obama Presidency"

Peregrini

I tried it and got the video with no problem. Maybe if you copy n paste the link from your navigation window we will get the result you got.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
It worked fine for me. But I have run into this on other things. Usually I use Firefox. But when I see this problem I will some times give Internet Explorer a try. Also a couple of months ago I was having so much trouble with Java that I uninstalled it and went back to an earlier version. So I am using YouTube with an outdated version of Java.

Himalayan Hermit

This is a random YouTube stream error that comes once in a great while pulling the back end source code of the video. Nothing to do with any particular video.

trekie4ever

Yah I see you're on xp with IE. That ysed to happen to me a lot. What you are seeing is the actual data for the video and page and such. Switch to Firefox :p or even.... chrome *shudders*

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Don't use Internet Explorer. It's a bad, bad browser.

The error seems to come from Youtube itself though.

BlastTyrant

I have slowly moved to Google chrome due to IE acting up massively for me, i am forced to use it at work but even then i do my browsing on Chrome. As for the error i would send that Screen shot you got there to YouTube support and let them know.