hi Everyone

Motoko Aoyama

hi Everyone

Hi everyone, my username is Motoko Aoyama, on the other time travel forum I was Chelsea and a moderator at the other forum. I was really mad when I couldn't get on the old time travel site for months until today I have finally found out that it had moved to a new location. I saw some people before like Frog, HDRkid, Phoenix, Jovial kitten, etc... but I know my username Chelsea_Ritz_Joji was not here so I decided to change it to Motoko Aoyama (from the Love Hina series) since I am a huge Motoko fan. Anyway that all for now, see ya.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
hi Everyone

Hey, Motoko. Welcome :D

These forums aren't the 'other' forums by any means. Gavin had disappeared for several months, and the mods there had no way to make changes to the site, so Satan started his own site.

Upon his return, (months later) he was pretty ticked off that we 'betrayed' him.

No one knows why the other one is shut down now, we think it's because he was so mad at how succsessful this site became. We don't filter words :D

Anyways, welcome to the site.

Motoko Aoyama

hi Everyone

So thats what happened to the other forum, the admin of the other forum disappeared.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
hi Everyone

Yep, I think he gave up or something. It's a shame, a lot of the stuff over there was important to a lot of people here. Especially the posts by a time traveler named Peragro.

sosuemetoo

hi Everyone

Originally posted by Motoko Aoyama@Sep 23 2004, 02:54 AM
So thats what happened to the other forum, the admin of the other forum disappeared.

Motoko,
First of all, Welcome to our forum! We're glad you found us.

Just to clear up any confusion, this forum was up and running about the time that Gavin showed back up the middle of June. Many members were members of Gavins forum (ttf.tk) and of this one.

In the middle of July, Gavin said he needed to take a week off. He did that, returned for a little bit, then disappeared again. In the beginning of August, we found that he had shut the site down for repairs and upgrades. It's been that way ever since.

Members from this site, and mods from Gavin's site have tried e-mailing Gavin, but their e-mail gets returned, saying that the e-mail addresses have been closed.

I posted for the second time, yesterday on the invision-free board with a few questions, and received a reply.

I asked:
Is there any way to get entire threads from this site? Much research was done by members that are currently members on a site that I help moderate. I would like to have those threads and link them to the old site.
I did this because we are trying to contruct a library on this site, and it would be nice to have the research that many of our current members had done, without them having to do it all over again.

Invision replied:
Unless it is reopened by the admin, no.

I then asked:
Several people have attempted to e-mail the site administrator with three different e-mail addresses he provided. He never contacted his mods regarding the closure of his site. All e-mails have been returned stating it is either a cancelled e-mail address or the e-mail mailbox is full. In the event that the admin is never contacted, and the site remains offline because of \"server maintenance & upgrades\" , will invisionfree permanently close this site, making all research and posts unavailable?

Invision replied:
No, Duffman (owner of InvisionFree) will not close any site unless it breaks the TOS which it doesn't. The board can remain offline for years if the admin wanted.

So, we know that Gavin closed the site down. We know that invisionfree will not close the site permanently. We don't know the reasons that Gavin has closed the site down or when/if he will return.

So Motoko (Chelsea), if you know of any members from Gavin's site that are searching for their friends, let them know that many of them are here and invite them to come!

"Mom"

(edit) - I wanted to make sure I referred to a post our Admin, Satan made last month regarding members of ttf.tk

http://www.timetravelforum.net/forums/inde...findpost&p=7239

CaryP

hi Everyone

Welcome to the plantation Motoko (Chelsea). What ever happened to you "Dance, dance revolution" you had from the old site. I kinda liked that. See you around kiddo.

Cary

StarLord

hi Everyone

Greetings Chelsea

I remember you from the last board. You were the one that had some picture of singer sitting on stage at the bottom of all your posts. And you made it to moderator position there after dreaming about being a moderator all your life. Nothing like acheiving a goal that you have dreamed of all your life is there?