How my son can't get treatment!

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Another example of middle class, like me, taking it up the yazoo.

My 4 year old son is tongue tied and 6 months of speech therapy didn't help. He needs to have his frenulum clipped. My quote, without anesthesia, was close to $3000. It would be more with it. My kids have insurance, but the deductible is $5000. We do not have that kind of money.

How on earth can a 10 minute procedure, as the doctor stated might I add, cost over $3000?
What is WRONG with this system where a doctor's Mercedes payment is more important than a child's speech issue?

My child now cannot get the procedure he needs and has to enter pre-school with a speech impediment. We have other financial issues that prevent us from getting credit cards and signing up for financing, etc.

Why do illegals and people who don't work get this type of treatment free? I pay income tax. Most of my disposible income is put away to pay income tax for the next year. I even collect sales tax for the state through my company, yet my government doesn't care. They do not regulate health costs. They do not regulate deductibles, and I'm not so sure Obamacare is going to do so, either.

If you don't work in the U.S., you are rewarded.

I AM VERY UPSET.