How to Astral Project

How to Astral Project

I am deciding to post techniques that i use, astral projection will be the first, and it will be followed by some other more advanced techniques. If it doesnt work, tell me and i will try to alter the technique again. This is how it works for me...

Here are the steps.

1. Lay down in your bed, make sure it is quiet, lights are dim, and you are laying in a comfortable position.

2. Close your eyes, meditate for about 15-45 min, then while your eyes are closed, visualize what you would be looking at in your room if your eyes were open. Keep visiualizing this until the image gets clearer and clearer. Then concentrate on either drifting or pulling yourself out of your body.

3. Concentrate on pulling yourself out of your body, keep concentrating until you feel a strange energy sensation as if you are floating and see yourself outside your body.

4. While outside your body, you can control where you want to go by thought. To time travel, just think about the date you wish to go to and concentrate on shifting your astral form there. To go to a parallel universe, use your astral form to open a portal to a parallel universe, you will feel the energy of that universe, and go though it. You can also take over other peoples bodies. Good luck-Malaki

Re: How to Astral Project

Passive_Extremist said:
How realistic does astral travel feel? Does it feel like a dream?
In a sense, it feels like a very realistic dream, you would still be feeling stuff, only this time it is mostly an energy sensation, it feels very strange but interesting. -Malaki

StarLord

Whitelight said:
How do you return to your body? I mean is it a process or just the desire?
You can do this in two very quick ways. First, any kind of abrupt emotional disturbance, such as Fear may shoot you right back to the body and simply thinking about being back should put you right there also.

It's your thought in conjunction WITH your imagination that makes up the 'vehicle'

In this particular instance, the speed of thought exceeds the speed of light imho.

Traveler Malaki said:
I am deciding to post techniques that i use, astral projection will be the first, and it will be followed by some other more advanced techniques. If it doesnt work, tell me and i will try to alter the technique again. This is how it works for me...
Here are the steps.
1. Lay down in your bed, make sure it is quiet, lights are dim, and you are laying in a comfortable position.
2. Close your eyes, meditate for about 15-45 min, then while your eyes are closed, visualize what you would be looking at in your room if your eyes were open. Keep visiualizing this until the image gets clearer and clearer. Then concentrate on either drifting or pulling yourself out of your body. *
3. Concentrate on pulling yourself out of your body, keep concentrating until you feel a strange energy sensation as if you are floating and see yourself outside your body.
4. While outside your body, you can control where you want to go by thought. To time travel, just think about the date you wish to go to and concentrate on shifting your astral form there. To go to a parallel universe, use your astral form to open a portal to a parallel universe, you will feel the energy of that universe, and go though it. You can also take over other peoples bodies. Good luck-Malaki
I tried it and nothing happened. Do you know any easier way?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Passive_Extremist\")</div>
I tried it and nothing happened. Do you know any easier way?[/b]

It wont work the first time you try it, it does take several tries before it works, it took me a couple of months to get it to work. If you feel a pulling sensation get a little stronger each time, you will know that progress is being made. A few suggestions would be to meditate for a little longer, and trying to feel your energy, it can be felt in a number of ways, a tingly sensation or unexplained chills, or an electrical sensation. Those are the main sensations i felt when first trying the technique. It may be different for others. If you feel any weird sensations, that is most likely you feeling energy. Once you feel the energy, concentrate on feeling it until you are feeling it all over your body, then concentrate on pulling out of your body, once this starts to occur, you will feel a massive strangeness of seperation, it may be uncomfortable at first and any fear or thought of anything else will just snap you back, keep concentrating on the pull until the seperation sensation is gone and you feel completly filled with the energy you felt with your mind. Hope this helps-Malaki

shane

How do you explain astral travel as anything more than a watcher state of consciousness, produced biologically by a portion of the brain that is seperate from personal motivations and therefore truly self aware in a third-person sense? Such a state of mind is known to be produced chemically through the use of an external catalyst such as lysergic acidamide, psilocin or dimethyl tryptamine. The very same mental state has also been documented as being produced by repetitive microfocused activities such as those at the core of shamanic ritual and meditation. If you are going to speak of the theoretical astral plane and the physical plane as interconnected, please provide a logical link between the two rather than an illogical leap.

StarLord

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"shane\")</div>
How do you explain astral travel as anything more than a watcher state of consciousness, produced biologically by a portion of the brain that is seperate from personal motivations and therefore truly self aware in a third-person sense? Such a state of mind is known to be produced chemically through the use of an external catalyst such as lysergic acidamide, psilocin or dimethyl tryptamine. The very same mental state has also been documented as being produced by repetitive microfocused activities such as those at the core of shamanic ritual and meditation. If you are going to speak of the theoretical astral plane and the physical plane as interconnected, please provide a logical link between the two rather than an illogical leap.[/b]

Very good question shane. You have touched upon one of questions that has plagued many a person. What seperates a movement of this type done naturally and that of one forced by 'mind altering' drugs is about 180 degrees.

Under the influence of those drugs, one may experience 'A s t r a l' like phenomenoms but the reality is that at best, you are RELEGATED to some A s t r a l 'mud puddle' more as a spectator than as a participant. AND you are basicly trapped in that region BECAUSE OF HOW you got there. See, that's the fallacy of getting 'out there' via those drugs. If you do it enough you learn quickly that it's the same old mud puddle, the same old 'feelings' that are basicly an illusion that you forced on yourself because of the ingestion of those drugs.

Relying upon drugs to experience 'altered states' of this sort is a mental trap. Especially if someone tries to tell you that "It's the only way to Fly"

The Physical, A s t r a l, Causal, Etheric, Mental and Soul Planes are connected much the same way one might view a thermometer, each has it's own level in degrees but seperated by those degrees exactly.

All of us were born with the ability to travel as we have a body within us that coresponds to each Plane. Hence the "A s t r a l body" is used to travel to the A s t r a l level. A s t r a l travel is simply the first step on the journey that eventually all of us will take at one 'time' or another.

Much the same way Sprinters are born, or Cross Country runners are also, in order to make it to the Olympics, one needs training, and effort.
It's obviously impossible to just go there without all the requisite training and hard work.

What starts the ball rolling in this direction is recognizing that this is possible. Then you start 'working out' by searching for what works for you.
Each of us is different Chemically, Electrically, Anatomically, Atomically and Spiritually. What works easily for one may not work for another. No Big Deal, one needs to keep searching for the technique that works for them.

shane

Thanks for the explanation, Starlord. It seems everyone has a different explanation for the planes beyond the physical and different methods of achieving awareness of those planes. I take this as evidence of individual differences in interpretations of perception and not as evidence against the existence of such planes, however. It's always interesting to add another point of view to the mental library.

I will agree with you that external aids are most certainly not "the only way to fly." Indeed, I see them as something of a crutch. That being said, I do not think such experimentation limits the mind to a single state. While I currently consider myself done with such experiments, I learned a great deal through extensive use of psilocin. I won't reccomend this method, as everyone is different to some degree (and I would probably be breaking the rules on this board if I did.)

I, personally, see the connection between astral and physical as the same connection between the particle model of an atom and a solar system. The microcosm, I find, is a mirror of the macrocosm. Everything that is present in our environment, the entire universe around us, is likewise contained as information within our minds.

I do not think perceptions are created from nothing when you see/hear/taste/touch something. I think such perceptions are unlocked by reaction when an energy in one's environment matches to its respective wavelength in the observer's mind. In other words, everything you have ever known, will ever know, could possibly know is already somewhere in your mind. Achieving awareness of this knowledge is merely a matter of unlocking it. The most obvious method of unlocking this knowledge is through the empirical; Close proximity to external energies causes an awareness of the corresponding internal energies.

I see, however, that there is another method of achieving awareness. While this method is less common and more difficult than the aforementioned empiricism, It seems to be far less limited. This method, of course, is introspection, abstraction, thought in its pure form. I suppose such is what you and others would refer to as astral travel.