How to understand time travel

Wings

Hallo.
I am new to this forum and to time travel theories. I lack basic physics and science knowledge to understand most time travel theories. Therefore, I'd like to learn more about it but I don't exactly know how to start.
I'd very much appreciate if you could tell me what fields of science I should get interested in and/or what books I should read. It's very important to me and I'll be grateful for all answers.

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Welcome new member: Wings To answer your question read some of the older postings when you have time, it's a very good place to start

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Welcome Wing!

I can't think of a precise thread right now, but if you take a look at the time travel section, you will find a lot of very interested time travel discussions, like Professor Opmmur said. :)

What kind of time travel are you interested by? Astral time travel, or physical time travel? Let us know!

Wings

Thank you :)
I've never heard about astral time travel before, but I have googled it now and it's physical tt that I am interested in.
Right now I have borrowed 3 books about physics that I have found in my local library. One about history of physics, one called "From Euklides to Einstein" by Whittaker and a book called "Borders of the Universe". I might have taken that last one from a shelf with astronomy books, though.
I will definitely read different topics in these forums, but I find myself unable to understand some posts and that's why I need some more basic knowledge.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Feel free to ask questions in the threads you don't understand, or simply want to know more about. It will be a pleasure to give you some answers here and there, whenever it's possible. :)

Physical time travel is a great topic to talk about. You should take a look at this thread if you are interested in small time travel devices:
The John Bajak Flux Capacitor | Paranormalis

Feel free to ask questions in that thread as well. There are several members of Paranormalis who are interested in the Flux Capacitor. :) I am one of them!

Reactor

There are of course the mechanics of space-time. This can go from pretty simple to very advance. Now once things get very advance science starts debating and disagreeing on different theories of space-time. Now once you have had enough and got your space-time theory all figured out head across the store to the time travel theory shelves and pick out your favorite section and study up on your favorite time travel theory method.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I'm not sure where I'd start if I was to seriously study time travel.

I'd tend to start with astral travel, but if you are looking for a physical way to travel through time, astral travel may not help you much, unless you want to adapt an astral time travel device and turn it into a physical time travel device.

If you don't want to achieve physical time travel, but just understand the mechanics of time travel, then astral time travel may be a decent starting point. Remote viewing may be considered some kind of time travel, if you are able to see things from our own timeline. That's another idea. :)

MetaMatrix

The Man of Esoteric Knowledge
You wouldn't understand the true definition of time travel unless you define precisely on what is the definition of the time itself...