Human stupidity with Technology

Gatekeeper

Is it possible that despite warnings of creating something which could destroy the human race,will human stupidity still make it? An example would be A.I. Bill Gates and Stephen Hawkins have warned the dangers such a creation poses.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Creating a powerful and invincible AI sounds like a good idea, depending your perspective. It's probably a very bad idea in practice though.

I agree that there's some danger and that it will increase with our level of technological evolution.

TnWatchdog

Human nature has always followed the rule...bigger is better. The evolution of change went from a single shot rifle to the machine gun, a stick of dynamite to the A-bomb, and that is just the start. We have maintained that a strong defense would prevent an enemy offensive. But now with terrorists and the greedy elite involved, 'AI' could be programmed to depopulate the world...'AI' is now the scapegoat for all this greed and like in the movie we may be forced to outsmart and terminate 'Al' before it terminates us.

Zeirbah

I've noticed it a lot, tons of stupid teenagers and people these days... It seems if I were to go back in time 8 - 10 years ago, the internet was better, and so was YouTube (or at least that's what I remember). Not having to run into a bunch of vulgar and profane filth was nice back then, only a rare occurrence of that. Nowadays, I have to use a filter since so many people seem to be so stupid as to where they can't talk without putting a bunch of cuss words in every single thing. I have to wonder if they're too foolish to think of better words or what.

Gatekeeper

Just remember what a friend mentioned years ago that we will suffering the consequences of those developing new technology in the pursuit for profit.