Confirmed Hoax I Am Immortal

Ealdmann

Do you know other people like you?

What are the greatest, most important things you came to know, learn or understand over the last 20 centuries?

Thanks, and by the way, welcome to Paranormalis. :)

Thank you for your welcome, I am happy to be here.

Without being too long-winded, I would have to say that the best piece of wisdom I've discovered is that life has the meaning you wish to give it. This could be a positive or negative thing, but one must understand that there really are no positive or negative ideas. Everything is what you make of it, it's all about perception.

Ealdmann

How do you cope with the loneliness... any others like you to share the burden???

What's so bad about loneliness? My peace of mind is not contingent on the affection of others... However I do have a deep fondness for dogs and cats.

I have not personally encountered other people in my condition (at least not to my knowledge, we don't exactly carry cards).

Ealdmann

Well, that's true, all of us have the ability to find what has been referred to as the "christ consciousness".

But, back to the issue at hand. Without the other half of Life, which is what's called "Death", where's the time for deciding what you had accomplished and what to experience in the next incarnation?

Speaking of that, what happened to Free Will? This isn't something that Spirit would saddle some poor Soul with, as it almost amounts to something along punishment because of it's effects on the psyche.

There was a long period of time in which I felt I was cursed, as if my condition were some kind of punishment. However, as time unfolded and I began to witness some of the greatest events in history, my mind was changed.

While I cannot answer your questions in a way that would satisfy your intellect, I can tell you that emotionally it was a difficult thing to adjust to. Difficult, though not impossible. I've been happy with my life and condition for over one and a half millennia and I don't expect that to change any time soon.

Ealdmann

Physical immortality is an interesting concept. However, I would consider it more of a Hell, than a blessing. You would never be able to retire and live off your pension.

The human body is completely replaced by new cells and molecules every seven years. Immortality would require perfect cell reproduction, with no errors caused by stellar radiation or other environmental factors.

I do have some questions.
Do you get a discount on your life insurance? How much is your savings account worth now? What do you do for a living? Do you have any goals you want to accomplish? Have you ever contemplated suicide? Do you see an end to this curse? How many languages do you speak? How is your resistance to disease? What happens when you break a bone or get injured? Do you have any scars? How many children do you have? Do you have any favorite memories? I could go on, but these are enough.

Personally, I am looking forward to my death, whenever that occurs. I would much rather move on, than be stuck here on Earth. Best of luck with your journey.

I do not have life insurance, nor do I own a home, have a bank account or have any kind of identification documents. I dislike the city and only tolerate it long enough to visit the public library. I spend most of my time reading, walking or meditating.

I've never contemplated suicide, though there were periods of time early in my life when I was unhappy with my condition. Suicide is ridiculous method of escape and only for the weak. I do not see an end to my "curse", nor do I think about it much.

I am fluent in English and have near-fluency in German, Latin, Spanish, French, Arabic and Russian. I've resided in North America for the past 300 years though so just as one forgets high school language courses, my ability to speak these come and go depending on the frequency of their use. I have vague recollections of "old" English and other dead languages but as I've not had a reason to use them, I have zero or extremely limited proficiency in them.

I can be injured like any other person, though my tolerance for disease seems quite high. As I stated above, I've only had the occasional common cold. I do not have scars, any injuries seem to heal very well.

I do not have any children, at least none that I am aware of.

I have several favorite memories, but that's for a later post.

jon

have you ever met a famous person?

what do you think we are becoming as a society?

how old do you tell people you are when you dont want to seem insane?

have you developed a "meaning of life"(mine is "the meaning of life, is to give life a meaning"~jon)

i know that you are lying, but i just want to see what you say!

StarLord

Please describe your diet in detail.

Please tell us the very first language you

A: learned to speak and

B: learned to write.

JasperMoon

This is an old Star Trek story. I am not, however, dissing your story. I am, on the contrary, quite interested. Were you ever a writer back in the dark times and we can today find some of your work in the Vatican vaults or in a library--something that we would know or recognize? I'll have many more questions for you later. I am an historian.