I think I've slid into another worldline, again.

Spiritchaser

How do you do your math? Humans and chimps are 98,8% similar for instance.

I had this number in my head that I thought was this worldline's divergence number. I think it's accurate as I have noticed it change when the worldline does and it did feel like that time I managed to guess these two numbers in a statistics test. (Teacher had no clue how I did it, neither did I. I needed a number from the previous question to get the answer, so I guessed and I got the first of 2 completely correct. (6 Digits, 4 decimal) The second had the 5th digit wrong. (6 Digits, 4 decimal))

And why is it that you keep slipping?

I'm not exactly sure, but my best guess would be that it's related to stress, now that I think about it, the last slip was near the end of semester as well. I was also sleep walking at that point and I did have a period where I felt similar to what I did the other day.

It'd be really stupid if stress is the cause of it, it would be like "Oh hey, when I get stressed I sleepwalk and fracking slip into alternate worldlines."

So yea, I'm not really sure what causes it but I think stress is a factor.

1. I don't want to be critical, but you cannot do math like that, it's simply not scientific. To know the divergence you must know the % of all things that are different and you simply cannot do it in your mind.
2. And other than the fact that you've been sleepwalking I think you're totally alright(maybe you should see a doctor for that).
3. Other issues that you're having should be gone once you perhaps start spending more time out in the open with your friends and concentrating and living your life in the moment that you actually live in.
4. I suggest you check out this article on wiki you should see some interesting stuff out there: Blind spot (vision) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I would definitely try to start a conversation with at least one friend, maybe try coming from far, not jumping straight ahead into dimensional jumping, but saying "hey did you know that there could be parallel universes?".

Orpheus Rex

1. I don't want to be critical, but you cannot do math like that, it's simply not scientific. To know the divergence you must know the % of all things that are different and you simply cannot do it in your mind.

Maths isn't a science, it doesn't follow anything resembling the scientific method. People who say such things are generally not acquainted with mathematics in the slightest. Any time maths is referred to as a science it is a reference to the archaic meaning of the word as a general term for knowledge as it meant in Latin. A certain kind of experimental philosophy took a near-monopoly on the word 'science' in the 19th century and since then the term science applies explicitly.
Maths is never scientific, it does not follow the scientific method in any way shape or form, maths has it's own method. It may be used as a tool in science, but it isn't scientific. Just because mathematics predicts something, doesn't mean that prediction exists, despite what the mathematical naturalists claim (that you can see and touch maths like you can a tree... to be a tad polemic.) It is technically an art, the art of expression. Paradox's math can be perfect and based on completely crap premises, even if the initial numbers are based on some kind of special revelation it would not invalidate his methodology, only his process in the manipulation of the numbers can invalidate his methodology. And yes, using special revelation isn't scientific in the slightest (unless appealing to the centuries old archaic meaning of the word... long before the term 'scientist' was coined in 1834), but the mathematics may still be good.
Similarly with Rhine's famous work on ESP, his maths has been shown to be unflawed, yet his science may be questionable due to experimental flaws.
There is not enough date presented by Paradox as per his methods and what he means by and with how he uses those numbers.

Secondly, you don't need to know the % of all things, Paradox is clearly talking about relative divergence and not absolute divergence.
Although absolute divergence isn't too difficult as 100% is simply the estimated lifespan of the universe and an estimation of possible significant and/or relevant choices from which centrality can be placed at the mean and all things separated thereof considered to be and calculated as divergent. If this is an acceptable critique, then we should throw the entirety (or at least most) of psychology out the window, because it is quite obvious that psychology is built on the personal premises of psychologists without regard to how sensible the ideas are in reality, i.e. personal/special revelation, and they obviously do not grasp the human mind at all as there are dozens of fundamentally contradictory schools of psychology competing like rabid dogs over grant money. No, the psychologist draws straws and build a complex framework with no bearing on reality, then sets off to find evidence that their idiosyncratic views are they be-all of human existence. At the very least, Paradox is operating similarly as he has a theory and is setting out to prove it by collecting whatever he can find as evidence... and like with psychology, definitive evidence is fleeting. If we exclude such methodology as what Paradox is using, we must also exclude many kinds of sciences.

As Isaac Newton said in Principia, Second Edition;
"For whatever is not deduced from the phenomena must be called a hypothesis; and hypotheses, whether metaphysical or physical, or based on occult qualities, or mechanical, have no place in experimental philosophy. In this philosophy particular propositions are inferred from the phenomena, and afterwards rendered general by induction."

Orpheus Rex

You seem more or less the same, with the exception of differences here and there. In the Hello 2013 (Time traveler from 2043) thread you said something after the cipher was cracked, and so did a few others. Its really trippy as I do remember posts after it. That said, a few posts that are there are a bit different, same message, just worded differently.

This is something I can work with. I did write a reply, I never submitted it as I faced a distraction and the message was lost upon my return.

Try to remember my message in as much detail as possible, the one closest to the solution to cipher if you remember multiple. If memory isn't effected and the divergence not too large, then our memories could significantly align. Anecdotal evidence is better than none. Anecdotal evidence with a witness is marginally better.

paradox404

You seem more or less the same, with the exception of differences here and there. In the Hello 2013 (Time traveler from 2043) thread you said something after the cipher was cracked, and so did a few others. Its really trippy as I do remember posts after it. That said, a few posts that are there are a bit different, same message, just worded differently.

This is something I can work with. I did write a reply, I never submitted it as I faced a distraction and the message was lost upon my return.

Try to remember my message in as much detail as possible, the one closest to the solution to cipher if you remember multiple. If memory isn't effected and the divergence not too large, then our memories could significantly align. Anecdotal evidence is better than none. Anecdotal evidence with a witness is marginally better.

I'll try my best to remember exactly what you said but my memory on the wording of each is really fuzzy as I have a bad memory. If I can remember it more clearly I'll post on it later.

There was about 3 or 4 posts afterwards when I had a good read, you were the second. I think you were saying something about how he cracked the cypher and how we hadn't cracked it in a number of years. Words to the effect of this:

"How did you even crack the cypher? We've been trying to decipher that for several years..."
(There may have been more after but this is all I can remember)

There was another post by someone else asking where Xuanzang found the key for the cypher. That had the effect of causing me to go and look for it which I found was in that babble post that Aevi did.

Last edited:

Spiritchaser

Maths isn't a science, it doesn't follow anything resembling the scientific method. People who say such things are generally not acquainted with mathematics in the slightest. Any time maths is referred to as a science it is a reference to the archaic meaning of the word as a general term for knowledge as it meant in Latin. A certain kind of experimental philosophy took a near-monopoly on the word 'science' in the 19th century and since then the term science applies explicitly.
Maths is never scientific, it does not follow the scientific method in any way shape or form, maths has it's own method. It may be used as a tool in science, but it isn't scientific. Just because mathematics predicts something, doesn't mean that prediction exists, despite what the mathematical naturalists claim (that you can see and touch maths like you can a tree... to be a tad polemic.) It is technically an art, the art of expression. Paradox's math can be perfect and based on completely crap premises, even if the initial numbers are based on some kind of special revelation it would not invalidate his methodology, only his process in the manipulation of the numbers can invalidate his methodology. And yes, using special revelation isn't scientific in the slightest (unless appealing to the centuries old archaic meaning of the word... long before the term 'scientist' was coined in 1834), but the mathematics may still be good.
Similarly with Rhine's famous work on ESP, his maths has been shown to be unflawed, yet his science may be questionable due to experimental flaws.
There is not enough date presented by Paradox as per his methods and what he means by and with how he uses those numbers.

Secondly, you don't need to know the % of all things, Paradox is clearly talking about relative divergence and not absolute divergence.
Although absolute divergence isn't too difficult as 100% is simply the estimated lifespan of the universe and an estimation of possible significant and/or relevant choices from which centrality can be placed at the mean and all things separated thereof considered to be and calculated as divergent. If this is an acceptable critique, then we should throw the entirety (or at least most) of psychology out the window, because it is quite obvious that psychology is built on the personal premises of psychologists without regard to how sensible the ideas are in reality, i.e. personal/special revelation, and they obviously do not grasp the human mind at all as there are dozens of fundamentally contradictory schools of psychology competing like rabid dogs over grant money. No, the psychologist draws straws and build a complex framework with no bearing on reality, then sets off to find evidence that their idiosyncratic views are they be-all of human existence. At the very least, Paradox is operating similarly as he has a theory and is setting out to prove it by collecting whatever he can find as evidence... and like with psychology, definitive evidence is fleeting. If we exclude such methodology as what Paradox is using, we must also exclude many kinds of sciences.

As Isaac Newton said in Principia, Second Edition;
"For whatever is not deduced from the phenomena must be called a hypothesis; and hypotheses, whether metaphysical or physical, or based on occult qualities, or mechanical, have no place in experimental philosophy. In this philosophy particular propositions are inferred from the phenomena, and afterwards rendered general by induction."

I'm not sure what math theory has to do in here, you might be great in math, but in the current discussion I don't think it's relevant. You cannot pull statistical data out of thin air, period. Also trying to find a scientific approach to the questions of paradox404, you should not exclude other possibilities and go straight with time travel/dimensional jumping explanations. I call that wishful thinking.

paradox404

I'm not sure what math theory has to do in here, you might be great in math, but in the current discussion I don't think it's relevant. You cannot pull statistical data out of thin air, period. Also trying to find a scientific approach to the questions of paradox404, you should not exclude other possibilities and go straight with time travel/dimensional jumping explanations. I call that wishful thinking.

In the current discussion, Orpheus's comment is relevant. The majority of science is more or less about the best guess. For instance I think x is the case, so I will test it against y. In that case I would not know that x is true, I would assume it is because all available information is suggesting x is the case.

In my case, the divergence number is one of my forms of evidence that suggests that my divergence number did in fact change. Considering all the changes that I've noticed so far, I can say with a high degree of probability that I did indeed jump around 0.006%. Aside from what was said from my perspective, there is no, physical, verifiable evidence that I can bring with me.

The John Titor foundation page with the divergence numbers, it had 5 rows instead of 6 in the world line I was just in. There was never a March 12 2009 entry, and certainty none at 1.900%. I know that because I made a wallpaper in high school that had the lowest number on it, being 1.941%...

I can't even remember what I would have done instead. That said, Amnesia is something that can be ruled out as well in this case. I have only had amnesia once, in that case I knew memories were missing but not what, I actually had amnesia because I suffered repeated childhood trauma at the hands of my father's "Uncle". I do not feel as if my memories are any different, nor do I feel any are missing. All I know is that some things are different and I have no clue why.

Here is the other point, even if my divergence numbers turn out to be wrong, the point is, is that they did change for me. Besides, the numbers actually give me a sort of comfort. You would not believe how much it can irritate you if you talk to a friend about something you talked about earlier but you never had that conversation... Having a divergence number can give a hint as to why one might not remember...

Spiritchaser

In the current discussion, Orpheus's comment is relevant. The majority of science is more or less about the best guess. For instance I think x is the case, so I will test it against y. In that case I would not know that x is true, I would assume it is because all available information is suggesting x is the case.

In my case, the divergence number is one of my forms of evidence that suggests that my divergence number did in fact change. Considering all the changes that I've noticed so far, I can say with a high degree of probability that I did indeed jump around 0.006%. Aside from what was said from my perspective, there is no, physical, verifiable evidence that I can bring with me.

The John Titor foundation page with the divergence numbers, it had 5 rows instead of 6 in the world line I was just in. There was never a March 12 2009 entry, and certainty none at 1.900%. I know that because I made a wallpaper in high school that had the lowest number on it, being 1.941%...

I can't even remember what I would have done instead. That said, Amnesia is something that can be ruled out as well in this case. I have only had amnesia once, in that case I knew memories were missing but not what, I actually had amnesia because I suffered repeated childhood trauma at the hands of my father's "Uncle". I do not feel as if my memories are any different, nor do I feel any are missing. All I know is that some things are different and I have no clue why.

Here is the other point, even if my divergence numbers turn out to be wrong, the point is, is that they did change for me. Besides, the numbers actually give me a sort of comfort. You would not believe how much it can irritate you if you talk to a friend about something you talked about earlier but you never had that conversation... Having a divergence number can give a hint as to why one might not remember...

I'm not on-board with most of what you say, but hey one thing I can help you with is this Internet Archive: Wayback Machine you can view the previous versions of websites as they did existed before. Hope this helps, and I'm of this thread :)

paradox404

I'm not on-board with most of what you say, but hey one thing I can help you with is this Internet Archive: Wayback Machine you can view the previous versions of websites as they did existed before. Hope this helps, and I'm of this thread :)

Thanks, the wayback completely slipped my mind...

The John Titor foundation webpage hasn't changed on this world line for years. That fact is much the same as the one on the one I was just on. That rules out an update to the page that changed the numbers.

In fact, the positions of John I's data points have moved as well by the looks of it. John II's is relatively the same.

I made a zip with a modified html file in it, its more or less what the Johntitorfoundation website looked like in the other world line.
0.006%.zip

paradox404

I had a wonder through my nearest city, as I was walking down the main street I noticed a number of stores that I've never seen before. There was about 4 or 5 that gave me that sort of de ja vu like sensation that you'll get looking at something that isn't the same as your "original" universe. Since it was a hot day and it is my cats birthday today, I figured it would be a good idea to look around the plaza to see if any of those stores did. Sure enough a few did there as well.

I know Westfield good enough to know they are fast at shutting stores down but not opening them. The stores on the main street take even longer to turnover. Neither can complete a turnover in a week. A month, maybe if they're rushing it. A week, no hope whatsoever.

There was this shop that sells houses, I forget what it's called but it was never there. There were a few takeaway stores that were somewhat different. A clothes store near the cinema is a accessory store here. The stores affected are the smaller, single store businesses based on what I can see. It's about what I would expect from a 0.006% divergence, really slight changes. Its possible that the changes are as simple as the store owners never deciding to peruse setting up the business in this reality.

I remembered what the other world line's divergence number was, my heads been so fuzzy lately. (Considering I jumped recently, Its not really that surprising. On Monday I was so disoriented that I handed a plastic bag to my one of my parents when he asked for a newspaper.)

Notes on what the differences were between world lines:

5.398969%
Jump date: Can't remember.

The "original" world line. This was what I was on when I started keeping tabs. I've probably jumped anywhere up to a dozen more times before this. There was only one noticeable jump before this though. I know this number is correct because I remember wanting to make it 5.396969 out of humour, but decided to go with what I thought off originally.

- On this world line one of my friends got $150 off one of his relatives. Over Facebook we had a conversation about how he got the money and he said he was going to get a pair of headphones that he showed me a few days earlier. I had lent him a part for his computer and I was getting agitated because he was spending all his money on everything but the part he needed to get to replace mine.

- Not sure if he was on the current one as well but he was acting like a bit of a prick on this world line after he got a girlfriend.
- Facebook avatar displays 5.398969%

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

5.398941%

Jump date: February 2016

This would be the one I was just on. I know I said 5.398969% was, but I just remembered the fact about the one above. I remember on this one there were two number pairs that had a 9 in them. (39 89) The other one has 3.

- My friend never receives the $150 from his relatives. Has absolutely no clue what I'm on about when I asked him about the headphones and the money. I know this is the case as I scanned through the chat and the conversation never happened at all.

- My cat punches holes in two shirts, one was old and I was upset that it had holes in it because it was my oldest shirt.

- I had headaches for a number of days straight here. Not sure why but it was always triggered by drinking water.
- Facebook avatar displays 5.398941%
- Minor disorientation after jump.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

5.398369%

Jump date: Monday 3rd October 2016

Current worldline.

- Missing posts on Paranormalis
- Different posts on Paranormalis
- No headaches since jump
- Different shops in city.
- Johntitorfoundation.com has 6 sets of numbers instead of 5.
- Both Johns proceed in a different order, John I especially.
- Only one shirt has holes, older one fine and the one with holes has less of them.
- Facebook avatar displays 5.398369%
- Massive disorientation, lasts two days.