I wish I can go back to 2008

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
@not_a_DJ - So what exactly are you saying?
LOL
many things! :D
I want to go back
but I dont want to
but I would warn everybody (9/11)
and I want to go back, but different year
but I am here, and won't leave this time for many reasons

lol

This is just my opinion: but I would warn everybody (9/11) if you would be successful in going back to 9/11 and tried to stop it which is a noble gesture, you probably would've ended up dead, you would be assassinated for trying to stop the event.

ZeoEmeraude

If I could go back to 2008....I'd ingest more bacon! Or better yet...get me one of those KFC Double Down sandwiches....with extra bacon.

Rossco78

I'm ready to go . Lets go together,lol.That is the year I would go if I could travel back.Times were better then.

HDRKID

It was a fun year.

jumprope.0.gif

The_Observer

I find it interesting how most people would go back in time for selfish reasons. Wouldn't you rather travel to the future seeing as you cannot change any part of your past since it has already occurred? If you could change your past, it wouldn't be the past you remember, and you will still be largely unaffected by that experience. Use your past experiences of pain and regret to build upon your future. When you touch a hot stove and get burned, you pull your hand away and learn not to touch things that are red and glowing. Rarely does one fixate on the pain and only the pain, even after it has subsided. You'll make a mistake, learn a lesson, move on with life, and now you'll live a better one than if you were to constantly go around burning yourself. We're all the commanders of our vessel, and our future. Don't fixate on worldly addictions of the senses, otherwise your mind's eye will remain closed.

The_Observer

LOL
I want to go back
but I dont want to

lol

This is just my opinion: but I would warn everybody (9/11) if you would be successful in going back to 9/11 and tried to stop it which is a noble gesture, you probably would've ended up dead, you would be assassinated for trying to stop the event.
People say things like "I'd go back in time and kill Hitler!". The answer is simply, no, you wouldn't. Going back in time is one thing, but carrying out an act is another. If you would not tomorrow, decide to travel to North Korea and kill Kim Jong Un and free the citizens of his tyranny, then you are likely not going to go back in time to kill Hitler. "But killing Kim is harder than killing Hitler". No, it's not. It's exactly the same. You can travel back in time to Hitler's era, but what gives you any sort of edge over everyone else there? You can die just the same, and Hitler was highly protected, as entire countries were trying to kill him. Additionally, if Hitler never existed, our worldline would be drastically different than it is now and we wouldn't be where we are today. Sometimes bad things have to happen for good to rise out of the ashes, and to deny those bad things from occurring will subsequently deny the good things as well. Anything that has happened in your direct past, cannot be changed, because it has already occurred. If you did change your past, it would be a parallel copy of you that would be affected, and not you directly. You also don't know what the ramifications would be if you stopped a major event in history from occurring. Maybe if you stopped 9/11 it would have sparked a civil war or WW3. If that was the case, are you content in saving 3000+ lives from 9/11 and having billions die during the war? It's not a good trade off.

TimeFlipper

LOL
I want to go back
but I dont want to

lol

Nothing to worry about Prof, we both know that no one will go forward or back in time ;) :).