Debate In Time

Agree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Veto Exile

Einstein's theory has never been proven wrong yet, so I will base everything off agreeing he is correct.

The most likely possibility for time travel is forward; only to never return.
With gravity being one thing we cannot fully comprehend, we know it acts with time in some manner identifying that time, like all 'forces' is manipulable so to speak. (I talk about time as a flat grid that we move across) With a large gravitational force we can bend the grid of time, but only within that gravitational force and for only as long as the gravitational field holds. Assuming that we could create a machine to produce a mass gravitational field and keep it stable for x amount of years/days/hours; if we were to also move around within this field at high speeds (just before the speed of light say 99.9%) the thing moving would be encased by this grid and time would bend around it slowing it down. The rest of the world would go unchanged and thus when the field stops; time inside the field would have only been a fraction of what it would have been outside of the field hence - time travel.

I say only forwards because; the grandfather effect is more than just a theory of not being able to change a decision in the past without fear of creating a paradox but; if the universe does not create or destroy energy you cannot send yourself backwards because you would replicate energy thus effectively creating it in the past. Would your previous self cease to exist if you came back with the same energy (thinking of each particle of energy as unique) thus creating the paradox of never reaching the future to go backwards.

The idea of going back in time and seeing yourself would give you the idea or knowledge that at some point you HAVE to do that yourself or your future self will never exists and neither will the past you because the past you saw the future you; PLUS, the FIRST you has to have seen you as well, which means there was never a first you or every you is the same you and your stuck in a never ending loop broken from reality.

Plus the obvious - no 1 has come back in time yet and so (unless we are the first to reach this stage; mathematically almost impossible for this to be) it will never be possible to come back to this time.

AAA

Yes, you can go back. (Don't ask me for a technical explanation)

In terms of a paradox, consider a paradox is difficult to create as time has it's own (for lack of a better word) 'gravity'. Think of it like a string under tension such as a piano string or tight-rope. If/when you try to (or do) deviate from the set time-line, it is like plucking the string. It creates a type of turbulence and will eventually go back to it's original still and balanced position.

Side effects of doing so include all sorts of metaphysical anomalies effecting the physical world around you, ...and extreme mental instability. Perhaps the effects can be compared to sound waves.

I wonder if there is a way to break it free, to release the tension. Death?

Veto Exile

Yes, you can go back. (Don't ask me for a technical explanation)

In terms of a paradox, consider a paradox is difficult to create as time has it's own (for lack of a better word) 'gravity'. Think of it like a string under tension such as a piano string or tight-rope. If/when you try to (or do) deviate from the set time-line, it is like plucking the string. It creates a type of turbulence and will eventually go back to it's original still and balanced position.

Side effects of doing so include all sorts of metaphysical anomalies effecting the physical world around you, ...and extreme mental instability. Perhaps the effects can be compared to sound waves.

I wonder if there is a way to break it free, to release the tension. Death?

Well you still have an issue there; if you go back in time and change actions (your ripples/sound waves) you ARE editing the past and changing events may lead to an alternative future how ever minor that may be but you would not be the same person that went back as the person that first went back and so the time loop has changed and that's impossible. Also tiny things change drastically depending how far back you go and as we know from the universe everything tenders to work out as intended BUT that's more of an argument that traveling backwards is impossible but traveling forwards is very plausible because we already are doing it; just were talking about on an individual scale

Poison Pen

Your playing into "what if's"......History has a way of repeating itself naturally. Just from what I have read on this subject I do not think time travel of any kind is possible forward or backward....That said, if it is possible would we like what we see when we get there? Is the purpose of time travel to visit or alter the course of some major event or just to view it?

Veto Exile

Your playing into "what if's"......History has a way of repeating itself naturally. Just from what I have read on this subject I do not think time travel of any kind is possible forward or backward....That said, if it is possible would we like what we see when we get there? Is the purpose of time travel to visit or alter the course of some major event or just to view it?

Forward time travel is very much, scientificly possible. Astronauts have recorded the effects of moving very fast around the earth in orbit and the difference in time between them and earth upon return to find there watch is slightly slower than earth time.

And since you posted your reply to me, you are now in the future to then

Poison Pen

Forward time travel is very much, scientificly possible. Astronauts have recorded the effects of moving very fast around the earth in orbit and the difference in time between them and earth upon return to find there watch is slightly slower than earth time.

Take harder evidence than that to convince me.

Veto Exile

I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to convince anyone just express my thoughts; everyone is free to their own opinion. I would like to see more evidence myself as i am a total non-believer until I am show hard evidence but i feel there is enough information and facts about this phenomenon in astronauts that I am close to convinced.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
IMHO, backwards time travel is possible. This video implies that the singularity is used for forward and a vacuum is used for backwards. I believe that math is the key. How to actually do it, I don't know.

David Wolfe | Facebook

Poison Pen

I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to convince anyone just express my thoughts; everyone is free to their own opinion. I would like to see more evidence myself as i am a total non-believer until I am show hard evidence but i feel there is enough information and facts about this phenomenon in astronauts that I am close to convinced.

Not a problem.......and your right everyone has an opinion I guess.

Poison Pen

IMHO, backwards time travel is possible. This video implies that the singularity is used for forward and a vacuum is used for backwards. I believe that math is the key. How to actually do it, I don't know.

David Wolfe | Facebook

IMHO, backwards time travel is possible.

How? And what evidence do we have this is possible?

This video implies that the singularity is used for forward and a vacuum is used for backwards. I believe that math is the key.

I may watch the video but I am not a big video watching fan just cannot sit through them.