Debate Is a Doomsday Event for you?

TimeTravel_00

I already did, how intuitive you time traveler you. It's under the John Titor's Legacy Forum. John Titor's Radioactive Future

Samstwitch

saw that movie ((the day after)) years ago very depressing to watch... but good to know it's posted here for others to see good job Tn...... this brings into play the very difficult job of making the call, and having the nerve/heart to spare someone a long slow death of radiation poisning...... you see there are things that we will be facing that just do not fit in the little box we now live in. the world will be so much diffrent from now almost none of todays rules will apply anymore or even make sense to try and keep.... it's just is so hard to look at it and stay calm about what we will be in for..
very few can even approach the subject in a logical mannor, and deduce the probable out comes along with the choices we will have left to us in the diffrent types of events that are likely to happen.. you guys here at this site are the only folks I can even talk about it without being told how crazy I am...... THANKS .. for being here guys

I saw it too. Yes, it's very depressing and SCARY! :eek: It's also the reality of a post-nuclear war. Someone should send that movie to the leader of North Korea. :cautious:

BlastTyrant

Planet Earth only has 1 rule: Survival of the Fittest
You are right...so very right. The people that use their brains during the end times will be the survivors. IMO, brains can win out over physical strength.
Brains can be mightier than muscles but in a world where survival is key you will need the Strength along with the brains, get familiar with chopping wood, carrying carcases "deer and such" and just learning to fight, a good mix of both Brains and Brawn will get you Farther than just one or the other

kcwildman

Beastmaster
on the other side of this whole mess is the yellow stone caldera. while it's at rest now when it decides to wake up the US is pretty much doomed the ash cloud will almost certianly cover the eastern half of the country. the eruption creator is believed to be 30 miles wide by 50 miles long.. by all accounts it's classified as a super volcano. we as a people have not seen the level of distruction it could produce. the ash cloud blocking out the sunlight is only a small part of the deal, the acid rain will most likely kill off all the plant life east of the eruption site...... this event could triggered by a number of things,, we can only wait and hope for the best...
the list of events that might happen is not realy all that big but it is still one that must be looked at with the cold hard stare of reality

TimeTravel_00

Planet Earth only has 1 rule: Survival of the Fittest
You are right...so very right. The people that use their brains during the end times will be the survivors. IMO, brains can win out over physical strength.
Brains can be mightier than muscles but in a world where survival is key you will need the Strength along with the brains, get familiar with chopping wood, carrying carcases "deer and such" and just learning to fight, a good mix of both Brains and Brawn will get you Farther than just one or the other
A post, within a post, within a post, inside a quote, on a topic, under a forum, inside a page.......inside your mind. That my friend would blow the mind of anyone that has never seen a computer.
The survival of the fittest topic is an interesting topic. In many scenarios, the fittest creatures are actually the ones that inherit specific genetic traits, often for things such as simple as immune-defense. Radiation tolerance could be the next big survival factor.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
but then again,,, there comes a rock flying at 30,000 mph thats about 10 miles wide... if we are very lucky you get a whole 2 weeks notice... now what ?????

TnWatchdog

but then again,,, there comes a rock flying at 30,000 mph thats about 10 miles wide... if we are very lucky you get a whole 2 weeks notice... now what ?????
I think we would be told that an asteroid would pass earth on whatever date harmlessly. A few of us would notice that our fearless leaders seam to be somewhere else besides DC, like in their bunkers. Bam and you know the rest of the story. This could be the doomsday event that is coming and we wouldn't know until it hit us.

BlastTyrant

I think we would be told that an asteroid would pass earth on whatever date harmlessly. A few of us would notice that our fearless leaders seam to be somewhere else besides DC, like in their bunkers. Bam and you know the rest of the story. This could be the doomsday event that is coming and we wouldn't know until it hit us.
Exactly we would have no idea so there would be no time to prepare. Look at the russia Meteor that could of been 10X worse.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
ok so now the question becomes what do you do with the time you have????

let's say we did get some for warning of the meteor coming, let's say 60-70 days .. even an expected impact area ok, so now what?? the meteor is one that is called a planet killer. it will flash fry a massive area of the surface, and the dust cloud will cover the globe for years to come . killing everything on the surface, the impact would trigger earthquakes at most if not all the fault lines making even the deep underground shelters nothing more than a pre- dug grave for those who took shelter in them.

this one is a given, it's not an if , but a when.. the surface of both this planet, and the moon show that it has happened in the past. logic dictates it will happen again. it's just a matter of when

TnWatchdog

ok so now the question becomes what do you do with the time you have????

let's say we did get some for warning of the meteor coming, let's say 60-70 days .. even an expected impact area ok, so now what?? the meteor is one that is called a planet killer. it will flash fry a massive area of the surface, and the dust cloud will cover the globe for years to come . killing everything on the surface, the impact would trigger earthquakes at most if not all the fault lines making even the deep underground shelters nothing more than a pre- dug grave for those who took shelter in them.

this one is a given, it's not an if , but a when.. the surface of both this planet, and the moon show that it has happened in the past. logic dictates it will happen again. it's just a matter of when
I wouldn't have to worry as I would have a heart attack and become a goner, a pre-doomsday statistic...lol I would spend the time seeing friends and family members, pray a lot, have a few last meals, and have a few cold ones. I think that is why having prepper supplies are important because most people will become animals and their panic will cause all sorts of problems. Looting, stealing, killing...just to scratch the surface of what would happen in this new world of ours. It won't be business as usual and this is why the government wouldn't tell us of this event as we would stop everything we were currently doing and go into panic mode.