Is it possible for the internet to be haunted?

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
[
A pc is basically an electronic device. You can figure out the rest.
I've witnessed electronics become faulty and batteries being depleted of energy
during an investigation...more than once.

Yep. I was on a group investigation of a light house. ALL of our devices went dead at the same time as soon as we entered the lighthouse. I'm talking EVERYONE'S.

Could you tell us where this happened, and what group you were with?

Saint Augustine, Florida Lighthouse - Nightwatchers with Todd Sheets.

JoeWinko

I definitely think it could be! you heard of those internet chainmail legends and things like that. it's possible that some could be real in some cases.

DEATH OMEN

Guess it could be but why would it? Most "experts" on "ghosts" believe there are genuine reasons why "ghosts" do what they do and where they do "it". "Haunting a PC maybe, but the entire Internet, maybe could share with me why and how?:confused:

steven chiverton

internet haunting new to me but decades ago Ive read stories of people who have received threats from there own computers. Koreans have a secret kill switch in the pc ic chips so they can kill it any time Ive read about this some time ago , makes you wonder of the hidden things pcs have built into them we don't all know about

DEATH OMEN

Am sure. I get threats/abusive language, dependin' on her moods, from my wife, my dogs, all deceased for years, am 69 now, my mom/dad/ still pop-in and they have been dead over 75 yrs. Guess livin' in a century old "haunted house" does have its draw backs.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Internet things or hidden features in a software or PC... IMO, these things have nothing to do with a ghost or haunting in general. Secret / Hidden features are programmed by programmers in the first place, they don't appear magically, right?

Well, that's how I see it.

tymeonadime

What if, we were to considera single site. It has been statednumerous times times that irits " can only haunt what means most to them. Their old home, a car, even family members or perhaps enemies.

For those that have built personal websites or forums you know that at times these sites do become a type of crutch. We depend on the internet for our education, entertainment, communications, etc. Is it so far fetched, that a person having poured much of themselves into creating and maintaining a site, does become rather attached to said endeavor.

Back doors Easter eggs all that hidden data is all placed there by the programmer. I happen to believe that if our souls are in fact energy, then maybe just maybe we could become stuck to a certain site on the net, but haunting the whole net would be like a single ghost haunting every home in the country. It may be possible, but it's not plausible.

Wind7

Staff
What if, we were to considera single site. It has been statednumerous times times that irits " can only haunt what means most to them. Their old home, a car, even family members or perhaps enemies.

For those that have built personal websites or forums you know that at times these sites do become a type of crutch. We depend on the internet for our education, entertainment, communications, etc. Is it so far fetched, that a person having poured much of themselves into creating and maintaining a site, does become rather attached to said endeavor.

Back doors Easter eggs all that hidden data is all placed there by the programmer. I happen to believe that if our souls are in fact energy, then maybe just maybe we could become stuck to a certain site on the net, but haunting the whole net would be like a single ghost haunting every home in the country. It may be possible, but it's not plausible.

That is an intriguing thought.
Whereas... I agree that the whole of the internet would be a daunting task for any one type or even several types of disembodied spirits to haunt.

But, you reignite a thought I had,
let's use this site as a premise.

Could talking to someone whom has a haunting allow a kind of access (pathway) into another's home simply by engaging a direct line through the internet when both parties involved are connected at the same times during direct communication?

Could it be possible?

I believe that the spiritual are around us always but, we are not really meant to know this.

It's these 'trouble-makers' that upset the balance by making themselves known by causing paranormal activity/events.

Even further out on a limb...
Perhaps the spiritual level (realm-world-dimension...etc) could be like an 'internet' unto itself.

Would it creep you out to know that you're probably being watched by someone/something else irregardless of the here and now (supposed) surveillances?

Hmmmm....

tymeonadime

Personally I believe that we exist in or on just one of an infinite number of realities. I also believe that humans probably would not be the most technologically advanced breed of beings in said scenario. I therefore have no trouble believing that another race of beings has probably invented and possibly perfected a means for them to visit other realities.

As for the the spiritual beings always being close, yeah, I believe that as well.

That conduit you mentioned also seems plausible, as iit's not much different than remote viewing in a spirit version......