Is Jesus Azizus Monobaz?

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Let's keep this a civil discussion about whether or not Jesus is Azizus Monobaz.

@Ren I asked in another thread if you posted this:
Jesus Never Came Back 2014NOV03 | DoneHealth

If all of this is true, I am curious as to where there name "Christ" came about, but I'm guessing people will tell me to Google, so I will. Apparently, it's a greek word used as a title meaning "anointed".

I am also curious: are there any paintings/drawings ofr Azizus? I can't find any.

Also, Aziz is a popular Islam name, is it not?

Just observations.

Harte

I find several Azizusses and several Monobazes, but no Azizus Monobaz.

So, to even begin, it appears that one must claim to know something that nobody, not even experts on the Ancient Near East, knows anything about.

None of the Azizusses could be the same person as any of the Monobazes. So, where did this name come from?

Harte

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I find several Azizusses and several Monobazes, but no Azizus Monobaz.

So, to even begin, it appears that one must claim to know something that nobody, not even experts on the Ancient Near East, knows anything about.

None of the Azizusses could be the same person as any of the Monobazes. So, where did this name come from?

Harte

It's probably all in the book:
Jesus, King of Edessa (The King Jesus Trilogy Book 3) - Kindle edition by Ralph Ellis. Religion & Spirituality Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

I'm curious to see if the author can show where he obtained the information. If he has a legitimate source, he could be on to something.

Wasn't the shrowd proven to be from a totally different time period?

I'm just trying to keep an open mind about a topic I know very little about. I don't like to instantly judge a theory.

Ren

This is great, Paula. Christ means 'anointed king' it is similar to the Indian word 'Krishna' and the Greek words 'Kristos' and 'Khristophoros'. This means we are looking for a literal king. The historical Jesus was a literal king, not just a king in the spiritual sense.

Ren

Aziz means 'mighty one' and the suffix '-us' is the Roman version of his name. Azizus was called Gaius Julius Azizus. Why? His father Abgar the Fifth, Abgar the Black, was an ally of Caesar. But he betrayed Roman General Marcus Licinius Crassus and 7 Roman legions to the Parthians. Azizus, who was the second son, was like his father. He turned his back on the Romans. Then Syria and Judea were very rich though not militarily powerful. You can find Azizus under a few names mentioned by Josephus, who is the historical Saint Paul. He calls him Izates, Izus, Isus, Joshua, Judas, Gamala, Gamaliel.

Ren

Monobaz means Manu Ba Zeus. Manu is a name known in Syria, India, and what was called Parthia as NOAH. Noah is in reference to Biblical Noah but also the title of Priest-King. Azizus was the Priest-King. E Manu El also means Mono Ba Zeus. El means God, Zeus means God.

Ralph Ellis is a busy guy, but he does appear on forums from time to time.

Just type 'Ralph Ellis Jesus' in YouTube and watch a few videos. Listen to the evidence he carefully places before you.

Harte

This is great, Paula. Christ means 'anointed king' it is similar to the Indian word 'Krishna' and the Greek words 'Kristos' and 'Khristophoros'. This means we are looking for a literal king. The historical Jesus was a literal king, not just a king in the spiritual sense.
There's no connection with kingship in the etymology of "Kristos."
It means "annointed," not "annointed king." "Kristophoros" is a name that means "Christ Bearer," which leads us to "bearer of annointed." That name alludes to a story concerning St. Christopher ("Kristophoros") whore bore Christ across a river on his back (thus his name.)

Aziz means 'mighty one' and the suffix '-us' is the Roman version of his name. Azizus was called Gaius Julius Azizus. Why? His father Abgar the Fifth, Abgar the Black, was an ally of Caesar. But he betrayed Roman General Marcus Licinius Crassus and 7 Roman legions to the Parthians. Azizus, who was the second son, was like his father. He turned his back on the Romans. Then Syria and Judea were very rich though not militarily powerful. You can find Azizus under a few names mentioned by Josephus, who is the historical Saint Paul. He calls him Izates, Izus, Isus, Joshua, Judas, Gamala, Gamaliel.
Yes, he was the first Azizus I found. The second by that name in his family.

Neither were Monobaz. But like the Azizusses, there were a few Monobazes. None were the same person, as far as I could tell.

So, what gives with this claim?

Harte