Is Planet Earth Itself Alive?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Do you think the Earth is a living and/or sentient entity?

Perhaps it is and we just don't know it because we're still unable to understand it and communicate with it at all.

Would that be possible?

Martian

Hard to say. If you think about how a living organism is divided into different levels of organization as cells, tissues, organs, systems, etc., then perhaps a higher level of life is possible which is composed of complete bodies working together.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Someone did a study and found that cities actually work like our hearts. Each day is like one pump of the heart, with traffic flowing in and outward like blood. Of course, this isn't really what Num is talking about, but it reminded me of it.

There are many organisms that don't have brains.

Perhaps we are mere parasites the earth is trying desperately to get rid of.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I am of the belief that the Earth is a living organism. And living organisms have to eat. So how does the Earth feed itself? Well, there is the sinkhole phenomena.

TnWatchdog

Yes, Paula we seem to act like parasites on this living planet and as Einstein has shown...the earth has had enough.
All you need to do is watch the news to see just how sick we all are...if I was the earth I'd be pissed too. The earth could suck us in...drown, burn, or blow us away, it even could let us kill ourselves, which we seem to be good at?

TnWatchdog

I often wondered what it would be like, if for a few seconds, the earth had zero gravity. (Let's just say the scientifically impossible was possible) It would be a wild ride for everything that wasn't nailed down.

TimeFlipper

Do you think the Earth is a living and/or sentient entity?

Perhaps it is and we just don't know it because we're still unable to understand it and communicate with it at all.

Would that be possible?
Well we know that the earth vibrates at 7.82Hz so that could be the earths "heartbeat"..the lava could be its blood...and it could have blood pressure resulting in volcano`s spitting out the lava...its skin is the soil, and the hairs on its skin the grass...and humans are irritations to the earth, but nevertheless it provides us with everything we need which means the earth can be gentle and possess feelings too...:D

tflofasho

It's honestly plausible, since that explanation is how our bodies function and maintain health and stability in terms of illnesses/imbalances which can all easily be corrected with the correct diet.