Debate Is Time Travel illegal?

TimeFlipper

No. It should not be "legal" or "illegal". To call it as such implies that government has a rightful say, that it is permissible.

Government has no rightful say in anything, ever. Government only has coercive force based on a fictitious concept called "authority", that's it.

We don't need government's permission.
Alex is going be delivering a speech to his class
I think you should find a new subject, this one could give problems in the further in the
I am doing and speech for class about why time travel should be legal but with regulations. (Don't mind that last bit. That's just for the speech.) I was looking online and I couldn't find any good conversations about this subject. So, I made and account to ask this question directly. Also, just for the sake of perhaps extra conversations, Should it be illegal?

Thanks for reading
-AlexTheTT

I think you should find a new subject, this subject will give you real problems over time !!
:D

Japrim

Alex is going be delivering a speech to his class

Awesome. I hope he uses points that I am making about the criminal nature and complete illegitimacy of government.

His classmates may actually learn something other than statist brainwashing.

HDRKID

Back in 2001 when I got my first HDR unit, I was very curious. Talked to a guy who claimed that he would steal items and got caught stealing a CD and told he could not do it no more. This was by the time cops. I laughed and told him there were no time cops. He said, "Oh yes there are!"

In fact, he let me listen to the CD and the music was similar to Bossa Nova, but not the same. He said that he got stuck once. Spent an entire year in another timeline living as a homeless on scraps. Finally, he was able to get back to ours. Also, he told me about nanobots, grid point vortexes, aliens living in underground bases and much more.

Basically, I was told that time travel is illegal, but they do not enforce it unless you start stealing items or messing things up. For example, winning the lottery several times in a row. Constantly going to the race track and winning horse races.

slow_down_hdrkid_playing_orange44.gif

Last edited:

Physics vs Jaden

Amazing Person
Zenith
Well, in my opinion, if we ever did find out how to time travel, I think it SHOULD be illegal. Besides select people and the person that invented it, they shouldn't make it so that any old person an time travel. Although it may not seem like it, a time machine is a weapon that can be used against ANYBODY ad ANYTHING. Just my opinion. Of course, someone could disagree.

Japrim

Well, in my opinion, if we ever did find out how to time travel, I think it SHOULD be illegal. Besides select people and the person that invented it, they shouldn't make it so that any old person an time travel. Although it may not seem like it, a time machine is a weapon that can be used against ANYBODY ad ANYTHING. Just my opinion. Of course, someone could disagree.

You are arguing the use of coercion and violence upon everyone to prevent what CAN happen to anyone.

That is like giving an entire herd of deer to a pride of lions to prevent one deer from becoming prey.