Is time travel to the past..really possible ?

alejandroluis

Is time travel to the past..really possible ?

Is it really possible...can it be done today? One gentleman sed in an interview that he was contacted by letter by his future self about things that were going to happen in his life...does anybody believe that this is really possible, that i would somehow be able to transport myself back thru time (physically not astrally) to March 15, 2010. If so please tell me in all seriousness how i could achieve this.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Re: Is time travel to the past..really possible ?

It depends on the way you see time travel. Do you see it in a "back to the future" way, or in a "timeline" way ?

Like in the movie back to the future, you'd be able to go back to that very date, send a letter to the "you" from March 2010, or let's say just change something back then. That way, when you'd get back to the present, things would be different, pretty much like in the movie BTTF.

As far as the timeline theories go, it's quite possible that by "going back to the past" so to speak, you'd actually end up in another timeline, in other words, in an alternate reality. I agree we're pretty much talking about parallel universes on that one, more than actual time travel. It would mean that every single moment in time exists at the same time. Every past, present and future probabilities. That way, if you change the past, it won't affect your present directly, but the "present" of another universe.

I'm not sure it's possible right now to achieve such a thing, but I sure like the idea. I don't have any proof to back the stuff I just said, it's just the way I see things right now. I'm not even sure which theory would be the more likely to be "real". One could say I'm not even close at all. I'm just trying to understand better.

How do you conceive time travel, how do you think it might work ?

BTW, welcome to the site.

alejandroluis

Thank You for the welcome..idk how to really conceive it their are those who say they can travel back in some sort of spirit realm and then there are those who say they have traveled back physically..i think that someday soon if it hasnt happened already we would be able to travel back somewhat like they did in bttf. I just wish i had some way of changing my past. i have always been curious and even fascinated by the possibility of time travel but every since March 30 2010 it has become an obsession, you see i lost my soulmate and two children on that horrific day and when im not thinking about suicide im thinking about timetravel...and i honestly cannot tell u which one will come first but its not looking good...again thank you for your response..

Num7

Administrator
Staff

You're not the first one to look upon time travel for that precise reason. To be honest, I believe time travel is currently improbable, but still possible. Changing the past might well be as hard as learning to live through every single day of your life with what's been done on March 15-30.

Do you have any skills in electronics or circuits/soldering ?

Cheers, don't give up dude!

alejandroluis

Thanks again...i dont have a lot of experience with such...used to bak in the eighties when i worked for an electronics store..but so much has changed since then that i dont know...to be perfectly honest im not the most intelligent man there is which is one reason i signed up in hopes that may be i could learn something from all of you...just wish i could believe Steven Gibbs and others who say that they have jumped both spiritually and physically ...at least then i would have some glimmer of hope !!!

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

If you believe in the multiverse theory, and we were able to find a way to move between them, and we could find a universe where the only difference was that it was X number of years behind us... Then yes :p

bobby harris

hi all i am trying to see how this might work i heard that if you travel back to the past one must remove all technology and modern things of this century. i wanted to go back to 19th century to where my great great grandfather is after just finding out about him last year on ancestry,com he is from north carolina where i am now, and i want to go back to meet him and chat with him and learn everything and see everything he and his wife my great great grandmother's plantation they had he was in the civil war in 1862 and i am trying to go to the year 1861 to spend time with him of course i was told what if he'll want me to stay with them there in thier time once he find out i am his descendant,and i am a civil war reenactor myself and was hearing strange things do happen on the original battlefields where some one could vanish in smoke taken back to the past i heard of that. and other things but i wanted to travel back to 1861 for real not some dream or fantasy

so i wonder how to go about doing that. if i still want to try to go for it. i really really do want to arrive in that time period, i am willing to take risk's no matter what it take to get there. how do i do this what do i do, or best yet who do i trust and talk to that will help with this,

Ren

Cosmo, I'm a big Star Trek fan.

Here is something to consider.
Star Trek is a prophetic work. We'll be using it to in-vision traveling to and colonizing planets in the universe.
What if, humans on a planet start slowly adapting to it.
Some humans develop pointed ears.
Other humans on a different planet develop ridges on their foreheads.
Yet humans on Earth remain relatively the same.
We could be living in a Universe with Vulcans and Klingons. But they will be us adapting to other worlds.

Ren

If you want to visualize what it might be like time traveling, video tape yourself saying "Hi, I'm your past self." Then play the video back but at the same time, say to the video "Hi, I'm your future self."