Islam

KiraSjon

Islam

I'm bumping this thread because I think some of our newer members might be able to add some insight here.
Cheers!
Kira*

[email protected]

Re: Islam

I am a muslim. I can clarify many thing stated here.

1. We do NOT believe in violence. Al-Qaeda and other Terrorist groups think they need to kill people for Allah. This is NOT what muslims believe.

2. Women hundereds of years back had not many rights and men were thought to control them. This has changed over time and sadly, some Islamic countries still support this theory.

3. Women are NOT required to wear hijabs (vails) over their heads. Every women has the right to choose to do so or not. It is not in the Qu'ran to do so. The reason why many woman do so is because they fear of being treated differently in Islamic States. My mother lives in the U.S.A., is also a muslim, and doesn't wear the hijab. The reason why some choose to do so is because they don't want to attract men by their looks, but instead by their personality.

4. Children are NOT taught to kill people. The acts of teaching children to do so on T.V. are just .05% of the arab societies. This shows you how bias and censored the American media is.

5. I believe strongly AGAINST suicide bombers.

6. If you go back way back in ancient history, the palestinians were in Palestine way before the Israelies. Now I do understand the British had given them a right to live there about 60 years ago, but they did this without actually having a right to do so. How would you like it if Britain gave france for example a "right" to take over and live in the U.S.A.? I don't think you would be too happy with it if some french man came and took over your home. I am sure you would fight for it all you can if the government didn't do anything about it.

7. Lastly, Islam is a PEACEFUL religion. We believe the opposite of what the media says. We do not believe in violence. The Qu'ran is as much peaceful as the Bible is. We must be curteous to our neighbors 5 blocks in every direction. We must treat all people equally. We pray 5 times a day and pay Zakat to the poor yearly. Don't let a few terrorist groups lead you to another thought. Terrorist groups come from ALL religions. Just because this one happened to be linked to Islam doesn't mean it is what muslims are.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Darkwolf

Welcome to the plantation Kutibah. Where are you from? Yours is a perspective that has been missing here.

Lastly, Islam is a PEACEFUL religion. We believe the opposite of what the media says.

Actually, that is pretty much what our media and government says.

Darkwolf

CNN does not say too much about that.

Yes, I'm sure. Every report I read or see says that the terrorists comprise only a tiny percentage of Muslims. I certianly hope that that is true. We do have this aversion here to painting groups of people with things like that. Especially the media.

astralsailor

I am a muslim. I can clarify many thing stated here.

1. We do NOT believe in violence. Al-Qaeda and other Terrorist groups think they need to kill people for Allah. This is NOT what muslims believe.

2. Women hundereds of years back had not many rights and men were thought to control them. This has changed over time and sadly, some Islamic countries still support this theory.

3. Women are NOT required to wear hijabs (vails) over their heads. Every women has the right to choose to do so or not. It is not in the Qu'ran to do so. The reason why many woman do so is because they fear of being treated differently in Islamic States. My mother lives in the U.S.A., is also a muslim, and doesn't wear the hijab. The reason why some choose to do so is because they don't want to attract men by their looks, but instead by their personality.

4. Children are NOT taught to kill people. The acts of teaching children to do so on T.V. are just .05% of the arab societies. This shows you how bias and censored the American media is.

5. I believe strongly AGAINST suicide bombers.

6. If you go back way back in ancient history, the palestinians were in Palestine way before the Israelies. Now I do understand the British had given them a right to live there about 60 years ago, but they did this without actually having a right to do so. How would you like it if Britain gave france for example a "right" to take over and live in the U.S.A.? I don't think you would be too happy with it if some french man came and took over your home. I am sure you would fight for it all you can if the government didn't do anything about it.

7. Lastly, Islam is a PEACEFUL religion. We believe the opposite of what the media says. We do not believe in violence. The Qu'ran is as much peaceful as the Bible is. We must be curteous to our neighbors 5 blocks in every direction. We must treat all people equally. We pray 5 times a day and pay Zakat to the poor yearly. Don't let a few terrorist groups lead you to another thought. Terrorist groups come from ALL religions. Just because this one happened to be linked to Islam doesn't mean it is what muslims are.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Bismillah hirrahman irrahim
Thanks for such a nice post Brother :)
Yes Islam is all about Peace,Love,Family,Sharing,Praying to one God
What you see on the news and in the media is mostley lies.
Islam = Peace,Love,Family,Sharing,Praying to one God
Allah Hafiz :)

Arez

yeah there is nothing wrong with muslims they are fine. its just the bad ppl that are muslims. the only problem y they look so bad is because the news papers and tv only show the al-qaeda or sumone wanting to cause evil or deaths for their religion. they never show any cool muslims that are really nice and wouldnt do anything.

CaryP

yeah there is nothing wrong with muslims they are fine. its just the bad ppl that are muslims. the only problem y they look so bad is because the news papers and tv only show the al-qaeda or sumone wanting to cause evil or deaths for their religion. they never show any cool muslims that are really nice and wouldnt do anything.
'

Arez,

It ain't the "bad ppl that are muslims," it's just "bad people" in general. The media is controlled by mega corporations that are connected to the military/industrial complex. Making Arab/Muslims the "boogey man" to get Americans behind the global war for the neocons is what the major "news" (and I use that term lightly) outlets are all about. Demonizing a race and/or a religion for the purposes of an ongoing global war of conquest is what Bushco and the neocon pupeteers are all about. The "biggest terrorist threat" in the world currently operates out of Pennsylvania Ave. in Washington, D.C. IMO. Careful what you believe.

Cary

darkbreed

If I remember correct, Muhammed was quite an astral traveler himself, and went through what he called the 7 heavens.

Unfortuanly I can't recollect my memory in detail, maybe some of the muslims here could tell me more about this?

[email protected]

I forgot, but was he dreaming or was he actually physically there? For some reason I recall it was a dream of his. But I could be wrong. But that is a good interpretation. I never thought of it that way.