I've been trying to make sense of this vision-related phenomenon

Ted Lavender

It's probably out of etiquette for my first forum post to be about myself. So before I to my question, I'll say a little about myself.

26, living in the South Chicago Suburbs. I became interested in reality and consciousness studies about a year ago. Things got a little wacky to say the least, and I'm sure many who delve into these particular topics will know what I'm talking about. Way led onto way, and I began to regularly utilize meditation, mindfulness, etc- with some truly profound results.

Over the summer, I started being able to- occasionally- see what I believe are microscopic cells and organisms.
Let me explain: The first time it happened, I was laying on a bed with my significant other, with my face pressed against that person's face. All of a sudden, I see- in perfect, bird's-eye detail- a grouping of blood platelets. This was so bizarre and unexpected, that I didn't mention it at the time. I kept it to myself.

An excellent representation of what I saw: http://cdn.bionews-tx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Blood-Platelets.jpg

I still continue to experience similar strange phenomenon. Mostly at night. I'll stare at a wall, nothing in particular. Suddenly the blank space or object in my line of site will start rippling, like it's under water. If I watch the rippling, it'll begin dissolving into what appears to be more strange, organic, cellular material. Occasionally, I'll see the red blood platelets, but it's rare. This was also around the time I began noticing the glittering dots when I stare at the sky. Now, I've been able to find some information about THAT particular phenomenon. I'm sure many of you are familiar with it.

It's called Blue filed entoptic phenomenon: Blue field entoptic phenomenon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Is there a name for what I've been experiencing?
Side note: I've ruled out schizophrenia, but only after careful deliberation.

Aryeandris

Don't take this question the wrong way, just want to rule it out, have you had your eyes checked by a certified legitimate doctor lately?

TroubledAura

If its any help, I have some strange "sightings" on my bedroom wall. I'm awake when it happens....

Now my explanation for this is: I think that I wake up from a dream state quickly and what I see when I open my eyes is just residue of my dream.

Let me give an example.

I was awoke quickly one night, I was dreaming about a ancient city in Egypt. I watch ALOT of the documentary's where they use a computer model to rebuild ancient cities according to the lay out of the remains of that city. Its all computer enhanced. Well it starts out with a grid pattern and then they have the buildings rise out of that pattern....I've seen it a hundred times on tv. Anyway when I woke up that grid pattern was on my wall and buildings/symbols started to appear out of it. I said out loud.."that's weird", and my husband replied to my comment. He mentioned it the next morning so I know it was real.

I personally think that my mind was just replaying in my sleep what I had seen when I was awake.

This may not be the case with you, I just wanted to let you know your not the only one that sees strange things appear. I just think I know why I do it. You are a different story, as your circumstances are not mine.

Aryeandris

I only asked about your vision health out of genuine concern for your well being :) dotting my it's & crossing my i's..
I think I may be able to relate to an extent, but I have some questions out of curiosity with the intent of helping, aiding you in helping yourself or if even for an outlet.found (for me anyway) that

Aryeandris

*I have found for me that speaking about it out loud or writing/typing it down usually helps in understanding & clarity. Are you open to questions TA? :)