Jane Roberts & Seth

Rosco..Jones

If you are already familiar with Jane & Seth, welcome. I looking to start some discussions on different topics contained in the Seth books. Those of you unfamiliar with Jane & Seth, welcome and feel free to join in. The links below will serve as an introduction.
I will be posting more in the days to come.

"Using your free will, you have made physical reality into something quite different than what was intended. You have allowed the ego to become overly developed and specialized. You were here to work out problems and challenges, but you were always to be aware of your own inner reality, and of your nonphysical existence. To a large extent you have lost contact with this. You have focused so strongly upon physical reality that it become the only reality that you know"
Seth

An introduction to Jane Roberts and SETH

http://www.the-office.com/seth/

Seth Speaks - Audio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x6HDgDCse4&feature=related

Rosco..Jones

Units of Consciousness (CU's)

Below are excerpts from Jane Roberts The "Unknown" Reality Volume One.
CU's are in essence a mini black/white hole singularities, points of zero size and I suspect zero mass.*
The comments by Seth below were selected to cover this concept as an overview.

Seth's Comments
CU's are literally in every place and time at once.
In you terms they can move forward or backward in time, but they also possess another kind of interior mobility within time as you know it.
Time not only goes backward and forward, but inward and outward.
These other directions of time give you a universe that seems to be fairly permanent, and yet is also being created.
There is the constant surge of new energy through infinite minute sources.
In certain respects the CU's operate as minute but extremely potent black holes and white holes.
The CU's serve as source points or holes through which energy falls into your system, and in so doing, forms it.
CU's can appear in several places at once, without going through space.
Of course they move faster than light, but that statement itself is meaningless in a way, since the units exist outside as well as inside the framework in which light itself has meaning.
There are millions of them making up a single atom.
All matter is based is based upon these units, as well as all psychological entities.
In your lifetimes, all probable variations of any one event occur.
The existence of probable realities and probable selves in no way denies the validity of your own experience or individuality.
The precious privacy of your existence, and indeed of your universe, is all the more miraculous because its probable reality emerges from an infinite field of probabilities.

Could this idea also serve as a possible explanation for Dark Matter?
See Cosmic Hide and Seek: the Search for the Missing Mass http://www.eclipse.net/~cmmiller/DM/ See WIMPS

*As for a zero mass singularity, spin, gravity, velocity and other characteristics need to be considered.

Rosco..Jones

Ran across the post below. In it are some comments by Seth in 1975. These discuss the probabilities surrounding our time and the near future, as well as the potential changes that may occur. These may sound familiar to some of you.
Charlie

http://www.breakingopenthehead.com/forum/showthread.php?t=747

Sorry for all this flakey stuff, but I keep seeing correlations...again, this is from The "Unknown" Reality, Volume 2, by Jane Roberts.

These sessions occurred in 1975, so the time period described below (“My readers, or their offspring…”) could conceivably take place in 2012. This “prediction” is fairly nebulous—anyone could make such general statements without being proven wrong, but I´m copying it here for whatever it's worth.

I will admit that when this book touches on topics of reincarnation, future probabilities, non-linear time and interdimensional travel, it has forced me to think in ways I have not before, and to re-evaluate current science within the limits of its physical scope.

Typos are mine, but emphasis where added is the author's...

“You move into new areas of the self all of the time. The species is now entering such a phase, a period in which it will come more into its own.

Christian theology sees the end of the world in certain terms, with a grand God coming to reward the good and to punish the wicked. That system of belief allows for no other probability. Some see the end of the world coming as a great disaster, or envision man finally ruining his planet. Others see periods of peace and advance—and each probability will happen “somewhere.” However, many of my readers, or their offspring, will be involved in a new dimension of selfhood in which consciousness is fully explored and the potentials of the soul uncovered, at least to some extent. Human capabilities will be seen for what they are, and a great new period of development will occur, in which all concepts of selfhood and reality will be literally seen as “primitive superstition.” The species will actually move into a new kind of selfhood.

Theories of probabilities will be seen as practical, workable, psychological facts, giving leeway and freedom to the individual, who will no longer feel at the mercy of external events—but will realize instead that he (or she) is the initiator.

Now, you squeeze the great fruit of your selfhood into a tiny uneasy pulp, unaware of the sweetness of its juices or the variety of its seasons. You look at the outsides of yourselves as if a peach were aware only of its skin. In the reality I foresee, however, people will become familiar with far greater aspects of themselves, and bring these into actualization. They will be in touch with their own decisions as they make them.

If they become ill, they will do so knowing they choose the condition in order to emphasize certain areas of development, or to minimize others. They will be aware of their options, consciously. The great strength and resiliency of the body will be much better understood not because medical science makes spectacular discoveries—though it will—but because the mind’s alliance with the body will be seen more clearly.

In this probability of which I speak, the species will be begin to encounter the great challenge inherent in fulfilling the vast untouched potential of the human body and mind. In that probable reality, to which each of you can belong to some extent, each person will recognize his or her inherent power of action and decision, and feel an individual sense of belonging to the physical world that springs up in response to individual desire and belief.

Rosco..Jones

Seth discusses using meditation and dreams to explore your probable/parallel selves realities and your own probable futures.
Concept of time is very similar to J.Titor's.

"Take any remembered scene from your own past. Experience it as clearly as possible imaginatively, but with the idea of its probable extensions. Sometime, immediately or after a few tries, a particular portion of the scene will become gray or shadowy. It is not a part of the past that you know, but an intersection point where that past served as an offshoot into a series of probabilities that you did not follow.

Instead of a shadowy element, you yourself may feel unsubstantial -- "ghostly." Instead of any of those things, the imagined dialogue -- if there is any -- may suddenly change from the dialogue that you remember; or the entire scene and action may quickly alter. Any of these occurrences can be hints that you are beginning to glimpse the probable variations of the particular scene or action. It is, however, the subjective feeling that is the important clue here, and once you experience it there will be no doubt in your mind.

Some people will have little trouble with the exercise, and others will need to exert persistence before finding any success at all. This method is even more effective if you choose from your past a scene in which a choice was involved that was important to you.

In such a case, begin imaginatively, following through with the other decision or decisions that you might have made. At one point a shadowy effect -- grayness, or other characteristics just mentioned -- will occur. One or several of these may be involved, but again your subjective feeling is the most important clue. Imagination may bring you a clear picture, for example, that may then become fuzzy, and in that case the blurred quality would be your hint of probable action.

Until you have tried the exercise and become fully acquainted with it, you will not understand its effectiveness. You will know, for instance, when the remembered event and imagination intersect with another probability. Whether or not you have any great success, the exercise will begin a neurological reorientation that will be most important if you hope to glimpse realities that are outside of your present neurologically accepted sense-reality.

This exercise is a mental and biological doorway that can expand both your concepts of yourself and reality. There may be instances in which it seems that little progress is made during the exercise itself. During the day, however, having made an important decision in one direction, you may begin to feel the reality of the opposite decision and its ramifications. The exercise may also result in a different kind of a dream, one that is recognized within the dream state, at least, as an introduction to a probable reality. You deal directly with future probabilities in the dream state in any case. For example, in a series of dreams you may try out various solutions to a given problem, and choose one of these. That choice becomes your reality.

According to the intensity of the situation, now, another also desirable solution may be worked out in a probable reality. On an unconscious level you are aware of your probable selves, and they of you. You share the same psychic roots, and your joint yet separate dreams are available to "all of you." This does not mean that you are dreaming someone else’s dream, any more than it means that twins, for example, do. It does mean that your probable selves and you share in a body of symbolism, background, and ability. The multistructured nature of the dream state allows for dream dramas in which probable selves do appear. They may appear as symbolically representing strong characteristics upon which they have focused, though you have ignored them."

Rosco..Jones

Sorry for the last post with small type.

Unknown Reality Vol. 1 by Jane Roberts
Preliminary Probable Self Exercise

"Take any remembered scene from your own past. Experience it as clearly as possible imaginatively, but with the idea of its probable extensions. Sometime, immediately or after a few tries, a particular portion of the scene will become gray or shadowy. It is not a part of the past that you know, but an intersection point where that past served as an offshoot into a series of probabilities that you did not follow.

Instead of a shadowy element, you yourself may feel unsubstantial -- "ghostly." Instead of any of those things, the imagined dialogue -- if there is any -- may suddenly change from the dialogue that you remember; or the entire scene and action may quickly alter. Any of these occurrences can be hints that you are beginning to glimpse the probable variations of the particular scene or action. It is, however, the subjective feeling that is the important clue here, and once you experience it there will be no doubt in your mind.

Some people will have little trouble with the exercise, and others will need to exert persistence before finding any success at all. This method is even more effective if you choose from your past a scene in which a choice was involved that was important to you.

In such a case, begin imaginatively, following through with the other decision or decisions that you might have made. At one point a shadowy effect -- grayness, or other characteristics just mentioned -- will occur. One or several of these may be involved, but again your subjective feeling is the most important clue. Imagination may bring you a clear picture, for example, that may then become fuzzy, and in that case the blurred quality would be your hint of probable action.

Until you have tried the exercise and become fully acquainted with it, you will not understand its effectiveness. You will know, for instance, when the remembered event and imagination intersect with another probability. Whether or not you have any great success, the exercise will begin a neurological reorientation that will be most important if you hope to glimpse realities that are outside of your present neurologically accepted sense-reality.

This exercise is a mental and biological doorway that can expand both your concepts of yourself and reality. There may be instances in which it seems that little progress is made during the exercise itself. During the day, however, having made an important decision in one direction, you may begin to feel the reality of the opposite decision and its ramifications. The exercise may also result in a different kind of a dream, one that is recognized within the dream state, at least, as an introduction to a probable reality. You deal directly with future probabilities in the dream state in any case. For example, in a series of dreams you may try out various solutions to a given problem, and choose one of these. That choice becomes your reality.

According to the intensity of the situation, now, another also desirable solution may be worked out in a probable reality. On an unconscious level you are aware of your probable selves, and they of you. You share the same psychic roots, and your joint yet separate dreams are available to "all of you." This does not mean that you are dreaming someone else’s dream, any more than it means that twins, for example, do. It does mean that your probable selves and you share in a body of symbolism, background, and ability. The multistructured nature of the dream state allows for dream dramas in which probable selves do appear. They may appear as symbolically representing strong characteristics upon which they have focused, though you have ignored them."

Rosco..Jones

I realize that many of you may not be familiar with Jane or Seth. Books written 30 or more years ago do not often stay on top of the suggested reading lists. So, the website below will give those that are a little curious a quick overview of this subject matter.

http://www.sethlearningcenter.org/

The books Seth Speaks and The Seth Material, are early books that pretty well introduce most of the concepts contained in the later books. One topic is on Life after Death. Here's a few quick quotes on this.

Seth on Life after Death
“(After death) you will find yourself in another form, an image that will appear physical to you to a large degree, as long as you do not try to manipulate within the physical system with it.” (SETH SPEAKS)

“For those of you who are lazy I can offer no hope: Death will not bring you an eternal resting place. You may rest, if this is your wish, for a while. Not only must you use your abilities after death, however; but you must face up to yourself for those that you did not use during your previous existence.” (SETH SPEAKS)

“You will reincarnate whether or not you believe that you will. It is much easier if your theories fit reality; but if they do not, you will not change the nature of reincarnation one iota.” (THE SETH MATERIAL)

“When I tell you that you lived, for example, in 1836, I say this because it makes sense to you now. You live all of your reincarnations at once, but you find this difficult to understand.” (THE SETH MATERIAL)

Rosco..Jones

Kurisu, check out Metaphysics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for a broad overview of metaphysics.
My short explanation boils down to understanding the relationship between life, the physical and the spiritual.
In essence, everything is a manifestation of God (definitions vary). There is only one God, but as groups we develop different belief systems that limit and color our understandings of this. There is no separation between the physical and the spiritual.

Metaphysics is in one part looking for the rules God used to construct the reality in which we live. Quantum physics has gone a long way into how things work on the very small and cosmology on the very large. Another part is looking to understand the abilities that God has endowed us with. Many of these gifts are termed paranormal, operating outside of physics as it is presently understood. Some of these include communication between those that are living and those that are not. Jane Roberts and Seth are examples of one way that occurs, commonly called channeling. The Seth books cover many aspects of our experience of living and the afterlife.

Another one called Elias, is a personality presently being channeled. I'm not very familiar with him as yet, but Elias does cover more on the near future. Elias views the 12.21.2012 alignment as being the beginning of a new season of consciousness. The new season is one of spiritual enlightenment, but easier for some than others. Those that already have a belief in God and the spiritual will have a much easier transition than those who do not. Very similar to the end times in Revelations.

I hope I've not lead you too far astray with my comments.
Good luck in your quest.

kurisu

Kurisu, check out Metaphysics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for a broad overview of metaphysics.
My short explanation boils down to understanding the relationship between life, the physical and the spiritual.
In essence, everything is a manifestation of God (definitions vary). There is only one God, but as groups we develop different belief systems that limit and color our understandings of this. There is no separation between the physical and the spiritual.

Metaphysics is in one part looking for the rules God used to construct the reality in which we live. Quantum physics has gone a long way into how things work on the very small and cosmology on the very large. Another part is looking to understand the abilities that God has endowed us with. Many of these gifts are termed paranormal, operating outside of physics as it is presently understood. Some of these include communication between those that are living and those that are not. Jane Roberts and Seth are examples of one way that occurs, commonly called channeling. The Seth books cover many aspects of our experience of living and the afterlife.

Another one called Elias, is a personality presently being channeled. I'm not very familiar with him as yet, but Elias does cover more on the near future. Elias views the 12.21.2012 alignment as being the beginning of a new season of consciousness. The new season is one of spiritual enlightenment, but easier for some than others. Those that already have a belief in God and the spiritual will have a much easier transition than those who do not. Very similar to the end times in Revelations.

I hope I've not lead you too far astray with my comments.
Good luck in your quest.

It's still kinda confusing and, when you say theres no separation between physical and, spiritual is that also the case after death then? I did read the wiki page

Rosco..Jones

Kurisu, to better understand my views, I would suggest "following" me and then check out some of my other posts.

Death has such a negative sound to it. Think of our lives being like a caterpillar. It lives it's life, enters a cocoon and then emerges as a butterfly. The caterpillar is gone, but a new and better life begins. Our lives are where our spirits/souls are focused in 3D physical reality. I do think that the main point of being here is to learn about emotions. When we die, we are released from our 3D/physical focus and emerge into a 4D/spiritual focus (heaven/afterlife). Just because you are no longer primarily focused on the physical, does not mean that you are unable to focus your attention there, if and when you want. That voice that gives you advice, hunches and feelings may well be communication from the non-physical (spirit guides/guardian angles).

When you die, it is like moving to another country. You don't see your living friends as much, but you both still exist, just in different places. Gotta go.. past my bedtime.