John Titor said Cancer cells would be treated with Viruses: VERIFIED

Samstwitch

QUESTION: Has cancer or AIDS been cured yet?
JOHN TITOR: Aids, no. Cancer, some progress.

QUESTION: Do medical advances in 2036 have anything to do with genetics?
JOHN TITOR: Again, I'm no expert. I believe there is a great deal of progress in treating the cancer cells with modified viruses. So I guess the answer is yes.

Poliovirus kills woman's brain cancer

April 19, 2014 - [Excerpt] In May 2012, doctors at Duke injected a modified version of the poliovirus into the tumor in Stephanie Lipscomb's brain. A researcher there spent 20 years figuring out the virus would attach to the bad cells -- and kill them -- without harming Stephanie in any way.

“Looking back, I’m like oh my gosh, I cannot believe I agreed to do that so quickly. And like I’ve told other people before, I knew that was God.”

Incredibly, last July doctors told Stephanie her tumor was gone. Her MRI from this January shows only scar tissue remains. Her story is featured in this week’s People magazine.

Stephanie is cancer free as she gets ready to celebrate the 23rd birthday doctors said she'd never see.

This is still in the experimental stages. A handful of other patients are now involved. The hope is that this same treatment can someday be used to fight other cancers as well. Read More

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
This is incredible. I just hope they don't make the treatment so expensive that nobody can afford it and insurance won't cover it.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
What was the date that this was this said? I'm sure I have that info in my own copy somewhere (I just can't be bothered since I'm going to the store here in a second), but I'm fairly confident the concept of treating cancer this way was present prior to JT saying this.

This is definitely cool that they've made progress on it, but the fact that this concept may have existed prior to him posting doesn't do anything to validate him or his story. We'd need something he was the origin point for, not something he could have found by typing in "experimental cancer treatments" using HotBot or Lycos or whatever we had back in the day :p

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Please note: Titor's statement was that there would be progress using viruses. He said nothing about it being the first time.

As Sam stated: " I believe there is a great deal of progress in treating the cancer cells with modified viruses."

The article she posted was one mere example of the progress that is being made.